Sales channel for the classic clone service?

Hi CS! Looking to clone several of my characters for classic-era and progression. Just want to make sure this will be available via the account management website and not via some in game sales channel within the client (for some reason i can’t do any ingame purchases in retail, not that I play it). Just want to make sure when it drops, this is something i can actually buy. Thanks!

Pretty sure it can be only done ingame now if your trying to transfer on classice right now its been disabled till TBCC launches i believe.

Ahh im talking about the cloning not server transfers. But to your point if they use the same thing for that, then i will need CS help sorting that out i suppose.

My money is on your security software or razor products or discord is playing havoc which is usualy the root cause of unable to do purchases.

1 Like

Actually turns out it is for parental controls i put on the account in 2009 or whenever it was when they were introduced real id first iteration and announced their ill-advised plan to use peoples real identities on the forums (as that would be only way to block that). Since then i have a new email, but the old one (something i completely forgot about ) is attached to that still.

Then you will have to open a ticket on that one no one here can help you.

1 Like

Yeah, but they could let me know here if they plan on having the transfers purchasable on the account management page, which is no issue. That is what i am asking about.

As far as I know, Scoobz, all character services, including the upcoming Character Clone service, are only available through the in-game shop.

If you are having trouble making a purchase through the game client I’d recommend resetting your User Interface and temporarily disabling any security programs you may have running. That is usually the cause of issues in making purchases that we’ve seen.

3 Likes

There were laws that required different security, which is why most of the services were moved to purchases with in the game client. Most likely this service will be the same. Make sure to sort out your Parental control issues by ticket if you plan on buying a clone service on day one.

1 Like

This is definitely parental controls, just testing on retail for the above mentioned. How does one open a ticket for that and get my current account email associated with the old one tied to parental controls? And how does one make sure this happens prior to Tuesday :slight_smile:

Edit: gonna try to go through it with the old email address even though i no longer have it and see if that works.

If you have access to the old email address you used for your Parental Controls you can use this link to send you a link to manage those controls.

If you don’t, you’ll need to submit a ticket.

1 Like

Ok, now i’m in real problem because i dont have the email and i just went through with that and it sends a code to that address immediately apparently. So whoever is in possession of it currently (my old school ISP based email account) now has a code for my account.

That isn’t generally how emails work, when you stop using the address it is unlikely that they give it to someone else to use like an old phone number. If your old email was compromised and someone had access the only thing they’d have access to would be the Parental Control link. That doesn’t give them access to your account, just your Parental Controls.

Use the second link I provided to submit a ticket.

2 Likes

Hmm ok, the second link provided does take me to the remove parental controls page, but the first thing it says is that a notification will be sent to that old email (of which i no longer have access/possession of). Which is kind of the same thing again.

Is there another channel through which i can just get that email completely removed? I feel this is possibly compromising my account security.

Yes, it says notification is sent, it doesn’t say you need access to that email or that you need to do anything.

No. Please use the link I provided to submit a ticket.

It isn’t. As I said before, the only link that would be sent to the email address registered for your Parental Controls allows the person who clicks on that link to manage the Parental Controls. It doesn’t give access to the account, it doesn’t give them any other information.

And again, unless your previous email address was compromised, it is unlikely anyone has access to it. Email addresses aren’t recycled like phone numbers, if you lose access they pretty much just sit there until you recover them and/or the provider deletes it.

4 Likes

Ok will try that. I know emails arent recycled but potentially if they include my full name (which this did), and some new customer with that name wanted that as well from my old ISP, it could potentially happen. Thanks for your help, will follow that process!

All sorted now, thanks Vrakthris! <3 Bring on the pre-patch !

5 Likes