Safari question

I’m currently working on collecting 800 unique pets. If I’ve completed a safari quest for a certain area, is that all the pets in that area? For example if I’ve captured the 25 pets needed for Draenor Safari, are there any other pets I can capture in Draenor that count towards the unique pet achievement?

1 Like

If I remember well, safari style achievements count for all the wild pets you can get in a continent.

Even rare pets that spawn under certain conditions are part of the safari achievements.

Ok, thanks

If I may interject, I don’t believe that’s true.

For instance, Unborn Val’kyr spawns under rare conditions in Northrend and only in certain places, but it is not part of the Northrend Safari achievement. And neither is Emerald Proto-Whelp or Nexus Whelpling. (And all three of these are great pets to have.)

Terky is awarded in Northrend, by clicking on an egg (much like Teroclaw Hatchling in Draenor is obtained by clicking on a nest) and is not part of Northrend Safari.

So, to answer the OP’s question, yes, there might be other pets you can get on a given continent/expansion that will count toward the unique pets achievement, but aren’t part of the Safari achievements.

2 Likes

It also doesn’t update if they add more pets like the Baby Zandalar Raptor in Zandalar.

2 Likes

Agreed. I got all the Safari achievements, but there were/are still a fair few wild pets I didn’t have. I know for a fact there are still 3 I need to get.

Good point.

One of the things I learned in early stages of pet collecting is that there are an awful lot of pets that are actually pretty easy to get. How did I find this out? I simply opened my pet window and looked up where the missing pets came from.

I often bemoaned the fact that there was no guide in existence that told us where to pick up the easily obtained pets, but I couldn’t generate any interest in creating one.

Do you have a Warbot? Well, why not? You can buy one for a pittance in Ogrimmar or Stormwind. No Cornish Rex Cat? Just see the crazy cat lady south of Stormwind and buy one.

I always thought it would be useful to have a guide that showed all the easy-to-obtain pets for new collectors, but no one wanted to help me do it, so I gave up on it.

It’s not exactly what you’re asking for, but you can check :warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/filter/#. You can filter pets by vendor pets or search for pets that can be gotten in specific zones.

2 Likes

Works for me. Thanks.