Sad no new pet battle dungeon in shadowlands

Tittle says it all I had fun doing them from deadmines to black rock. Was a fun and cute slice of fun and a bit silly. Did blizzard ever state why nothing new ? I would of thought it would of been an automatic yes let’s give them more

1 Like

They didn’t release one at the start of BfA either. It’s likely we’ll see one in 9.1. They probably figure people are leveling and such and this kind of content is better suited for later patches.

Blackrock Depths: patch 8.3.0
Stratholme: patch 8.2.0
Gnomeregan: patch 8.1.0
Deadmines: patch 7.2.5
Wailing Caverns: path 7.2.0

3 Likes

I don’t think they’ll be adding another Pet Dungeon any time soon.

HazelNuttyGames did an interview with John Hight (Executive Producer) and he noted that Pet Dungeons don’t have broad appeal, so they’re taking a step back from it in Shadowlands.

3 Likes

Does any aspect of battle pets have a broad appeal? We are a small community and nothing is going to make us grow. The queue times are way too long for new players, only to get smoked by tier 1 teams.

Combine battle groups and give us a random pet queue, where every wild pet, including the ones not in your menagerie, have a chance to end up on the battle roster. I’m not even a game developer and I just fixed the issue in one sentence.

1 Like

True, I think Pet Battles is already a niche activity. However, Pet Dungeons, being a very specific aspect of Pet Battles, has an especially narrow appeal. An example: Most players could accidentally stumble across a Pet Battle WQ, and with level scaling, could maybe even complete it. Most players don’t accidentally stumble into Pet Dungeons though.

To me, that’s what John Hight was getting at. Adding a WQ or new pets takes less time and resources and might even reach a wider audience vs. Pet Dungeons which is even more niche and takes more effort to create. It’s why they’re taking a break from Pet Dungeons for an unknown/undisclosed amount of time. That’s just how I understand it though.

I’d argue actually solving the secrets they add have an even narrower appeal than pet dungeons, but they still add those.

(Yes, I know many many people do them once they’re finished, but I mean actually working on solving them)

I dunno about anyone else but to me it takes way too long to complete these dungeons. And when you have to run them again and again to collect tokens it gets rather boring.

I love pet battles but those dungeons aren’t much fun to me. :neutral_face:

Maybe make them shorter so you don’t feel trapped in them?

can’t get any shorter than BRD, IMO

They’ll have to figure out how to extend that storyline (or start a new one, I guess)

How many things can we cut from this expansion? To maximize profits?

Why is our playerbase getting smaller and smaller?

Reinstate pet battle dungeons.

Sadly, this seems to entirely close the book on original pet battle content. Not even any hope of anything they might seek to someday replace dungeons with. It would appear that the only vision for pet battles in Shadowlands is as another carrot to ensure that we’re all doing our chores clearing out WQs, grinding out rep and the campaign chain, monitoring our mission tables, and chasing iLevel.