Sabertooth is a problem, so instead redesigning the row, they nerf it so its not worth using

It is useless for single target, as I originally said… COMPLETELY FREAKING USELESS.

The original comment was druids, especially ferals, have (for single target dps) 4 entire rows of NOTHING.

1 Like

Feral has:
3 General/Single Target DPS Rows (15, 75, and 100)
1 AoE DPS Row (90)
1 CC Row (60)
1 Utility Row (30)
1 Affinity Row (45)

Retribution has:
3 General/Single Target DPS Rows (15, 30, and 100)
1 AoE DPS Row (60)
1 CC Row (45)
1 Utility Row (75)
1 Healing Row (90)

Literally the only difference is that Ret gets straight healing abilities whereas we get affinities.

This is something I agree with - Affinities are garbage design that does not play well at all in modern PvE. Most people pick a passive that works for them and ignore everything else. They need to be redesigned or replaced.

The old Bloodtalons was fine, if you think I’m one of those “pussies” that gagged every time they had to press regrowth you’re sorely mistaken (also there was nothing hard about SR lol what). But you’re deluding yourself if you think Blizzard will rethink either of those - the BT and Sabertooth ships have sailed. Blizzard has made it pretty explicit that they’re dead set on changing BT and their reluctance to redesign Sabertooth implies that they aren’t willing to give up a Sabertooth-like mechanic in the first row. It’s useless to keep tilting at those windmills at this point. The redesigned Sabertooth is undeniably an improvement over the abomination of BfA Sabertooth, so I’ll chalk this nerf up as a win for spec diversity and call it a day.

These statements are somewhat inconsistent - you have a strange fixation on single target DPS yet you’re worried about burst for AoE as well. If you’re still on the “Kings of Single Target” train we passed the last stop a LONG time ago, so it’s time for you to get off. The game has evolved past the point of “single target dominance at the expense of everything else” being a strength (in modern PvE it would be a significant liability in most situations). We have to have some ability to handle AoE situations, even when specced for single target, and we have to have the ability to compete in those situations when we spec for it. That was literally the point of moving all of the AoE talents to the same row - so that they would not compete with the ST talents and we would never be forced to choose between the two. Primal Wrath went a long way toward making our AoE (both burst and sustained) quite good in the grand scheme. If you’re worried about 5 man content (M+) our biggest issues there seem to be lingering stigma from before the 8.1 rework and weak 5 man utility compared to other melee.

I’ll wait until the Beta to talk numbers.
Either way, our damage is not our main problem. Just because a handful of specs are completely broken right now, doesn’t mean we’re bad in that regard.

Energy regen/AoE damage can easily be tuned once we’re done with the mechanical aspect of the spec.

In my opinion, Predator and Sabertooth are well balanced to complement each other, but i still don’t understand what Lunar Inspiration is trying to accomplish. Having more talents rows that will come down to just ‘what sims better’ is not really appealing to me. As for the nerf to Sabertooth, we’ll have to wait until they start tuning our energy and bleed damage to really see what’s going on. I hope, however, that this time we actually get a decent revamp instead of ‘oh let’s just buff their haste by 50%’.

And even though i think that energy management should remain a big part of the spec, i want to feel rewarded for doing it right instead of just being punished if i don’t.

It’s pretty evident, that LI is for multi-dotting and fights with 2-3 target cleave, and maybe it will pull ahead on single-target over Sabertooth, with Sabertooth being slightly behind but a more ‘noob friendly’ option.

That’s what I’m hoping will be the case anyway. LI is actually fun and engaging, because it’s:

1. Another dot to track, more engaging on single target.
  2. Affected by snapshots like TF and SR.
  3. Something we can spam when out of range for combo points.
  4. Multi-dot fun, more things to track and especially effective on add/council fights where certain targets may be out of range (basically enjoying some of the strength shadow/boomies etc have).

LI is honestly hype, only the traitorous casuals here who need sabertooth to be able to play Feral should be concerned. Same goes for savage roar buff.

Karma is coming for all the casuals in this thread, Bloodtalons sends its regards.

Dunno, don’t want to jump the gun, normally we don’t have all the info on what’s coming, maybe the plethora of system after system they are throwing at us might make up for it? if I see it in a vacuum then yeah, dear lord… ppl needs to be scolded at the very least because they are doing a lousy job with feral.

1 Like