Saberon Intelligence

How intelligent are they? They are described as beasts sometimes. I was just farming the elite Battle pets in Tanaan Jungle, and after while going to the Corrupted Thundertail pet located Fang’rila, I was just reminded of the faction called the Saberstalkers. There’s an entire group dedicated to hunting sapient creatures for sport. Damn.

4 Likes

I mean, they can speak, wield magic, they have sophisticated rituals and customs… I’d say they’re smart enough. My guess is Draenor being such an absurdly dangerous planet paves the way for very warlike and reclusive cultures. There are still NPCs such as this one : https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Pallas#Quotes

Intelligence in Warcraft is a tricky subject though. It may be tempting to say that race A is smarter than race B because of the way both are characterized ingame and in the lore, but more often than not you’ll find individuals in race B who are just as brilliant as anyone in race A. That’s true for Gnolls, Hozen, Ogres, Gronn, Murlocs, Wildkin… At the end of the day the only relevant difference in terms of intelligence is probably the gap that exists between sentient races and beasts.

… And even then you’ll find some oddities. For example, the Raptors in the Barrens are clearly on their way to becoming sentient, as they learnt the value of gold and are starting to craft very primitive huts and even clothes : https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Raptor_Grounds

12 Likes

They’re Clever Girls

12 Likes

Hence why Yrel’s group decided a holy war was the only way to make AU Draenor safe, since peace talks alone don’t seem like they’d work.

I agree that the Saberon are intelligent, albeit xenophobic and savage.

1 Like

Not only that, but apparently they’re pretty cannibalistic.

Murgok says: I have seen the saberon strip the bones of the innocent. I have seen the remains of my clansmen cooked in their wretched cauldron. Now… it shall be the saberon whose bones are desecrated and boiled!

3 Likes

too intelligent to join the stupid faction leaders.

2 Likes