S4 Elite PVP Set - Not Updated to Reflect Winning Tier

I just wrote a letter and sent it to Irvine, CA. Am I crazy? Absolutely. But who sends physical mail anymore? They are bound to look at it with an Alliance wax seal on the back (had that from previous wedding invitations) :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

1 Like

That had me chuckling. I hope something will be posted to clarify all of the confusion and PVP being mysteriously left out of a ‘S4 appearance vote.’

1 Like

I cannot speak for Legion as I was not playing at the time, but SL 3&4 did not have a ‘S4 appearance vote’ otherwise I would assume S4 of DF would operate the same. This circumstance appears to have 0 precedence.

We voted on the appearance for S4 this time and it has been unique (community vote) to this season as far as I know.

3 Likes

It’s already clear. They’ve never put an old elite set back in game going all the way back to cata. They have used the same sets multiple seasons in a row including the last fated season.

The sets are listed as season 3 and 4 in game. The turn in vendor had it’s item level reduced from hero to champion so people couldn’t pick up parts of the old elite sets. It’s been nearly a week and it would’ve been changed already if it was a mistake.

The voting’s meaningless. The old elite sets weren’t being put back in especially on a case by case basis and only for some classes. The conquest versions will be available in the pre-patch for 12 marks of honor.

They aren’t giving us a blue post.

1 Like

its crazy how people still dont understand it. ive been saying since day 1 of the season that if it was a mistake they’d have changed it immediately !

Look at what it says here.

Nowhere it says not for PVP tiers. Says for tiers.

3 Likes

I have been arguing for years that they should just not time restrict it.

At 1800, I earn the current set.
Wins > 1800 I slowly (amount tbd) earn a currency to buy old elite sets.

Still requires skillful play. Rewards you for continuing beyond just 1800 and playing the whole season.

If we have to start this in 11.0+ to appease all of the “it wasn’t advertised that way” non-sense then fine. Starting in 11.0, they aren’t really time restricted. If they really really really want, they can add in some kind of exclusivity window (e.g. it has to be 2+ xpacs old before it becomes available again).

Oh you don’t have the 2010 pvp set? Sorry kiddo (in highschool), you should’ve been born earlier.

1 Like

as if people care about the 2010 pvp set, lmao

its garbage in 2024

Lol, oh I know.

Yet if you ever bring up why it should come back, folks raise the pitch forks.

Frankly, it is just “stuff to do”.

Day 6 w/o a blue post.

2 Likes

At this point I think we may not see one :frowning:

1 Like

The weird part is the Vault gives you the gladiator version of the voted set.

So… this is how it works.

You get season 3 gladiator gear via conquest vendor.

You get voted pvp set gladiator gear via vault and catalyst.

And you only unlock season 3 elite set.

That is so weird. You get 2 gladiator sets this season (or one if you voted for season 3), and one elite.

3 Likes

Yeah I figured that out last week very strange they give you the unranked glad set from the winning vote for your class via catalsyt/draconic mark of mastery/vault tier. But conquest gear you buy is S3 appearance…what a mess.

2 Likes

It is overall confusing as stated numerous times on these forums because I think the PVP community thought we were voting for which Elite set we wanted to come back for S4. Why would we vote for the unranked glad set when all of them will be purchasable with marks of honor once the expansion is over lol. :frowning:

5 Likes

The devs complete silience on this is annoying, what’s the point of the council if they are just going to ignore it…

5 Likes

PvP Devs being silent is hardly unprecedented.

5 Likes

Yup actually crazy that they just left pvpers with nothing. Literally didn’t give a crap about our votes. Kinda sucks. Thanks for making a post about it.

I unsubbed over it. I have a month left to play but hopefully they read my comment and do something for pvpers just once.

7 Likes

This is really crazy how there is just no response at all from blizzard. Even a simple yup we see this and it be like that. Enjoy getting the regular set but no elite set for you.

3 Likes

That’s how i felt in season 1, got to 1770 mid season and went on losing streak back to 1506, i gave up after that, i wish i knew that inflation existed at the time, missing that elite set still annoys me to this day lol. Hoping the Elite sets in TWW are at least better

1 Like

i put in multiple tickets for this, they finally responded linking this forum in it as well. they told me in the response that the voting was never for the pvp elite gear. that was never part of it. the voting was specifically only the pve gear. they purposely left out the elite sets from previous season. PURPOSELY. i instantly unsubbed. you cant have a vote for something, not tell the people that its only for pve and pvp will be excluded. you cant not let us know that. blizz led us on to think it was for ALL sets, but they purposely left out the pvp. but didnt tell us that. thats missleading, false information. everyone unsub

7 Likes