S2 gear for honor on ptr

Please tell me this isn’t a mistake. I’ve grown so jaded I can only feel baited when I see that there is season 2 arena gear available for honor the PTR.

But in truth, this is one of the best things you guys could do to save arena and battleground participation in season 3. It’s gotten so depressing seeing how small the PvP community is now. No one feels it’s worth it to PvP. PLEASE keep the season two gear available for honor next season. Show the playerbase that you aren’t completely ignoring us!

Remove this massive barrier to entry and barrier to playing more than one spec. I will never troll the forums again if you can get this done I beg you.

I don’t even want it for myself I’m fully geared this season and I have no alts I just want to see people enjoying PvP again.

12 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/cost-of-pvp-gear-incorrect/1163784/2

4 Likes

The lord gives, and the lord taketh away…

4 Likes

So frustrating man. This is a no brainer ez pr win and I feel like they will shoot themselves in the foot

2 Likes

S1 should be on honor vendor.
S2 should be discounted on arena.
S3 should be full price on arena.

Do not be so selfish as to ask for S2 on honor vendor at this stage. That would not be good for the game’s progression.

“How would it not be good? There is not a downside to people getting g s2 gear for Honor”
-You’re supposed to spend your conquest on S2 or S3, not get S2 for free then have all your conquest open for S3. You’re asking to undermine the value of raid progression and its drops. S2 normally does not hit honor vendor until the last season, this is much later in the game with far more raid content/gear to compete with.

“why not make it all available for gold? it’s just pvp so who cares?”
-So stupid of a question it hardly warrants a response. I will say however that many BG/arena items are better than raid drops. If you’re not doing BGs/arena; you’re doing it wrong. I shrug when I see people swinging a latro in off hand. S1 off hand is 550p.

6 Likes

How would it not be good? I am not being selfish I don’t need a single piece of s2. Everyone who has been engaged in PvP k ows we are getting shafted by the current honor costs. There is not a downside to people getting g s2 gear for Honor

8 Likes

why not make it all available for gold? it’s just pvp so who cares?

1 Like

You and I both know the guy just want an unfair advantage with his gear while facing undergeared opponents.

9 Likes

If it costs honor at the start of next season that’s not free. S2 gear does not undermine raid progression when t6 gear is available. Your argument is weaker than a baby with COVID.

We both know that PvP participation has been driven into the ground by the ridiculous barrier to entry caused by slow honor gains and high costs. This change is exactly what’s needed to get people playing and feeling like it’s possible to progress their character.

7 Likes

Please tell me this is real! although i already got 75k honor and arena point cap. but i save them for the whole season so i can play next season. Please remove the barrier so more people can join arena!

2 Likes

it already got hotfix’d

Get out of here with this nonsense.

People PvP less because PvE is so easy in 2021/22 why would you bother grinding arena unless you really enjoy it. Most people play for gear and social things not PvP.

Imagine everyone that went thru the trouble of actually doing arena and they could’ve just waited it out and casualy farmed honor and badges and BAM a full S2 and S3 offpieces ready to f your world up in S3. That would be nice wouldn’t it

I would agree tho. A small nerf in honor cost would be beneficial overall

1 Like

We got it for the entire season. Dont care if anyone else gets s2 gear.

Sure give s2 gear to all the botters. Good logic

What botters? I do BGs all the time and haven’t seen bots since Classic Vanilla.

5 Likes

You’re not paying attention. They are at the bottom of the board. They run around and keyboard turn. They almost look like a bad player but if you look carefully they are definitely bots. They charge into fight manage to launch 1-2 abilities before dying

There’s also some players you will see periodically do a very short sidestep so they don’t turn afk. But players will literally cap a flag next to them and they won’t react,. Some are just afk for w/e irl reason. Some are bots.

They need to bring back the cow debuff. And people need to report them but people don’t care.

Av is the only bg I’ve seen where bots come out here or there

blizzard just add s2 for honor, jfc. It would make pvp participation so much higher. I had zero interest in tbc pvp due to the barrier of entry but this change would make me want to gear my alts for pvp. It’s such a no brainer.

5 Likes

I gather they took it away already? Too bad. I don’t see the harm in giving us the outdated gear for honor. It still takes, what 175k honor or some such thing to grind a whole set of it. That is no small commitment. Two months of playing for 3000 honor per day.

3 Likes

Sounds like you’re just describing bad players. That’s nothing new. Yes, sometimes people go afk and I report them when that happens. That doesn’t mean they are bots though.