Ryzen 3000 spec/price leaked (supposedly)

LMAO latest 7nm Ryzen matches a stock 9900k within margin of error.
LMAO latest 7nm GPU matches a 2080.

This is with AMD’s cherry picked benchmarks as well. Real world perf will be different, I’m sure.

AMD still playing catch up despite going 7nm.

That was really underwhelming. The GPU side at least. Way too much HBM2, drives up the price with no need for that much for gaming.

The information seems to support this, but if AMD is true to it’s history, it will provide that level of performance for less $$.

We can both agree that it’s not earth shattering, but the value component can’t really be overlooked.

I don’t think it’s 8/16 max

The 1700x or whatever was against the 5960x when Zen was announced in 2016

It wouldn’t be fair if q supposed 12 core 7nm ryzen was against a 9900k

So basically the AMD fans are happy that their favorite company just now matched another company? Kinda sad that they’re bragging about that, don’t you think?

Like, “HA, we finally caught up to you sort of!” That’s pretty pathetic.

And yet, you and most other others refuse to compare the 8700k to the 1600 because price bracket.

Gotta pick one, man.

Either way it looks like if performance is similar with amd in 2019 for less money, there won’t be any compelling argument to go with Intel.

1 Like

I don’t know.

I mean, I’d be happy if I found out I was almost as rich as the richest man on Earth.

So when the 1180 comes out for that price or better and outperforms the Radeon 7 is it time to clean house? They left a serious opening for Nvidia to knock them out.

Not the same thing, but that’s fine.

I am really excited for third party benchmarks. Specifically cinebench single core and gaming benchmarks.

1 Like

I am still skeptical.

She had emphasis on it being an early stage clock so makes me believe that was it tapped out and they are trying to increase the frequency.

But hey, at least it is beating the 9900K running at 4.6GHz (stock).

I hope they do pull ahead though.

Except where we stand now, there is no plans for an 1180. I wish there was, there should be, as it stands nVidia is shooting themselves in the foot by FORCING you to pay for RT and DLSS before it does any good.

1 Like

That’s not called a knock out

It’s called kicking them when they are down

Let’s not forget that Ryzen 2700X has a Cinebench score of 1900-2000.

If the Zen 2 that was just displayed was at an early stock frequency and not maxed, that is still a pretty high % increase in performance.

We’re suffering right from not even knowing what chip it is though, so 2700x sure, but what is the chip they had?

We will see - but if the core counts from the leaks are right, the 8 core chip is the middle of the stack.

So probably weak silicon compared to whatever the 16 core chips are on. If they exist.

Could do an nVidia and easily offer lower vram “gaming” models for less, because you’re right, we barely hit 8 gigs now.

Both chips were at stock

The 9900k only won in power consumption :grinning:

And being first to market, which is a really really big win.

That was one thing I was thinking while watching, “There can’t be just one video card.” lol

I don’t see that one competing with the 2080 but maybe an 8G version below 2070 prices is possible? I just don’t know how else they can seize some market.

They said there will be more products later