Ryzen 3000 spec/price leaked (supposedly)

TBF the 8700k may be more popular then the 9700k based off them removing HT from the 9700k

._. if your just gaming there isnt a point to upgrade from that.

becasue its a great cpu. its very good to OC (easily hits 4.9 or 5 and can reach higher if ur lucky with lottery)

performance to cost ratio its best card. (for gaming)

I stream and video encode. Usually host servers as well.

1 Like

I got you fam. I had my 7900x direct die cooled but switched over to the rockitcool copper ihs for when the Chimera Mach One comes out so I can install this dope monoblock that I have for my asrock x299e.

The 1st leak was claimed fake. The 2nd wasn’t… yet. We might find out in a few days. Also Windows is supposed to have an update to improve performance to be closer to Linux in high core CPU performance. We’ll see how much of that holds true in the coming months.

1 Like

65 votes and 24 comments so far on Reddit

Grain of salt still applies but it’s interesting

Listening to the keynote now.

It’s exciting!

Just announced Radeon 7, Vega 7, 16gb hbm, 60? Compute units

25-42% uplift in 4k over Vega 1.

DMC5 4k playing at over 100fps

If those numbers against 2080 are true and they deliver at vega 64 prices or just a little higher, that’s huge. Also makes me wish vulkan had more support.

Radeon 7 is $699

Vs RTX 2080 for $799 MSRP :smile:

Zen 2 announcement incoming!

comes with better games too :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Epyc 7nm just obliterated 2 Xeon CPUs :scream:

Their best Xeon too :rofl:

Ryzen 7nm beats 9900k in cine bench!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Where are these people at (you know who)

Would have been like, cool, beat it by a decent amount, if it were one xeon… but it was 2… lol.

And even if it costs a buttload, it’ll probably less for those companies then 2 xeons

That cinebench is margin of error, to be fair. (If I read that correctly, 204x vs 205x)

Also, historically, SMT does a bit better than HT. So single thread will still be in Intel’s court likely. And no overclocking on the 9900k either, meaning all-core it is at lower frequency.

That said, if this is going to be under $350, that’s a pretty big deal.

Unfortunately, it means we have to wait until mid 2019 for a competitor for the 9900k that has been available for months.

Eh, for most people a bit of a wait won’t matter. Guess a lot of it relies though on base clock speeds and how good it OC’s. And price.

The 7nm ryzen was also running around 130w while the 9900k was at 180w

Lisa Su said the 7nm ryzen is compatible with am4 still so x370 can run a 7nm ryzen

Meanwhile the 9900k can’t handle z370 :rofl:

Both were at stock too!

OC is probably going to be not as impressive since it will have PB2. Seems AMD is moving more towards GPU strike auto overclocking.

Price is what will matter, and that is going to be important.

What this tells new though is that why did they only showcase an 8/16?

Was is m it at they could show a direct core for core comparison?

Or was it because the leaked data was wrong, and the 8/16 is the flagship?

If it’s indeed only an 8/16 max, I believe it.

Too soon to tell, but I would guess core to core? but as a gamer, 8/16 is fine by me.