Ryzen 3000 spec/price leaked (supposedly)

So… What does this have to do with AMD

That engineering prototypes, like the one at CES, =/= final values I suppose.

An AMD example would have been more meaningful.

First engineering sample of Zen it clocked at 3 GHz

I remember it from somewhere just can’t remember where

Here
https://www.eteknix.com/amd-zen-8core-engineering-sample-leaked/

All I’m saying is engineering samples are not likely to be final either…

If Intel told people their Skylake engineering sample was at 2.2 GHz at their demo, it probably would have been Terrible

But that would mean saying bad things about his beloved.

I’m at work and Cinebench is blocked.

Is the Ryzen 3X00 score from CES listed on the Cinebench website archives?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/ae9mgy/amd_ryzen_3rd_gen_cpu_vs_i9_9900k_cinebench_result/

Theyre actually fairly regularly available for 139-149$ now, which is about 30-40$ cheaper than launch.

Even at MSRP it was still a decent card compared to its competition ( The 1060 3GB). At its current prices its an asbolute steal.

I didn’t deep dive into the pricing, just glanced at the first listings on Amazon :stuck_out_tongue:

And when you look at prices, you got people suggesting someone buy a 1050 or 1050ti, which is right around the pricing of a 570 (actually right now, with some digging the cheapest 1050 i can find is 124.99 from amazon, the cheapest 570 i can find is a whopping 6 bucks more at 130.98 from newegg) is better and performance, the 570 smashes even a 1050 ti.

Wish I could smack everyone recommending a 1050/ti as a beginner/entry/budget card.

A lot of that is old though.

During the height of the mining craze, AMD cards were ridiculously overpriced and it wasn’t unusual to see $500 RX470/570s.

At that time, finding a 1050/ti at MSRP was more common.

Still see it on a daily basis unfortunately.

At approximately 1400 hours, EST.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814930010&ignorebbr=1

$129 + 2 free games ($120 value) lol amazing.

I’ll buy this right now. Anyone want the game codes? $50 each.

lol, i’m good.

i don’t have any use for that but damn, that’s almost free.

I’d wager the chip we saw in CES is probably closer to $200 for a 9900K performance. That’s not a high end chip they sampled. Intel’s 10nm hasn’t demonstrated anything near this range so AMD might try to milk us like Intel did.

not likely to happen.

AMD would keep prices cheaper to steal userbase and then after they might make more expensive ones.

AMD cant “milk us” as then ppl’d still go intel for the performance.

AMD always keeping the value is their saving grace.

maybe in future when AMD manages to take top from intel they might raise price but unlikely anytime soon.

To put things into theoretical perspective AMD’s R5 65W at $200 is locking horns with Intel’s best of the best 9900K.

Intel’s 10nm is a disaster and they have nowhere to run. AMD still has the ability to dump 8, 12, 16 core chips that can potentially eat the 9900K alive.

We’ve never seen AMD with a manufacturing advance in x86 in history before. They have 0 competition at this point. I hope they don’t milk us but there is nothing stopping Lisa Su in becoming the next Jen Hsun Huang.

This is pure conjecture. You have NO IDEA what chip they were demoing at CES.

A disaster that starts mass production on Monday to meet a summer launch date for laptops and a late august/september launch for Sunny Cove desktop parts. Yep, dead in the water, that is.

More pure conjecture. The “leak” is proven BS of the highest order. We have NO IDEA what core counts the chips are going to be.

Uhh… wut? They had Intel soundly beat in the K6-2 era. Like, blown right out of the water beat. And early Athlons beat the bejesus out of Intel at the time. It wasnt until the P4/Netburst launch that Intel reclaimed the crown.

… lolwut.

Intel still beats them on IPC.

Intel can at any time just start going AMD’s “just slap more complete dies on the same chip” route (which they already do in some Xeons).

10nm is starting HVMP (High-Volume Mass Production) literally NEXT WEEK. AMD’s 7nm is less dense than Intel’s 10nm.

I’d say they have plenty of competition.

I’m not saying that AMD’s Zen 2 is bad or anything. It isn’t, clearly. But saying “they have no competition” is absurd on its face.

Even if Intel COMPLETELY lost the desktop market… AMD has made next to ZERO inroads on embedded or laptop markets, which is where Intel actually makes most of its money. And it’s not for lack of parts - even Ryzen 1/Zen 1 had low TDP laptop CPUs. No one wanted them. Like… 3 OEMs even built Ryzen laptops.

On top of that… no consumer needs 16 cores. Or even 8, really. So, again… its going to be about mass shipments of cheap CPUs for mom-and-pop web terminal computers.

THAT is the market AMD needs to be breaking into. Until i can go into Micro Center and see just as many ASUS and HP family-daily-driver computers running AMD chips as i do Intel chips, Intel is still in the competition.

They just may not be the one producing the “best” parts for a while/anymore - but thats fine. AMD has been on top before. They may get there (at least in performance/dollar value) again. But to claim they have “no competition” just dumb AF.

AMD showed power consumption during the demo. There is no conjecture.

10nm mobile chips are out already. They’re a steaming pile of feces.

There’s no ‘leak’. The CEO of AMD already mentioned higher core counts than 8. We already know enough of Zen2’s CCX and die size to gauge physical max core count.

I’m not talking about compute performance. I’m talking about manufacturing. Intel always had the most powerful foundries known to man. AMD never beat them. 7nm process is finally giving AMD the edge.

I hope they do. Either way they’re not coming out tomorrow and I know Intel isn’t sitting idle. Zen2 chips are already in HPC systems.