Ryzen 3000 spec/price leaked (supposedly)

Let’s be happy for AMD and their #1 fan. They are about to get close to intel and nvidia performance for the first time! It’s an exciting moment for him (You know who hehe).

Just wanted to let You know, if You want to get high performance right now, You can just buy a 9900k and an RTX 2080 and it will perform just as well or better than the upcoming Ryzen 7 stuff that hasn’t been released. You don’t have to wait!

I think way things are going, I am going to hold off on getting a GPU until about 2 more generations.

Went from an AMD 7970 to an NVidia 1070 TI and there has not been any games it can’t handle.

I see no justification on spending $800 on a single component.

I’ll wait for the GTX/RTX 4060 and hope it stays under $400 and will have 1080 TI/2080/2080 TI performance by then.

1 Like

even intel fans would be happy.

compareable competition breeds better reward to consumer in the end.

also 2 yrs ago intel had no comp. so AMD catching up to is a great thing. (hope intel does this when they enter GPU world in 2 or 3 years)

judging ppl being happy for something is more pathetic :thinking:

sadly, as of yet, they have no plans for 1170 or 1180.

likely only releasing 1160 because an entry lvl gpu cant really use Raytracing well and they know they’d sell mroe w/o it.

you mean same thing intel did during their year ago cpu that was putting threadripper to shame (which was later said to be done using stock amd settigns and favored intel settigns)?

ofc ppl cherry pick. they are a business and they do all they can to make their product shine so it sells so they make $$

it isnt new.

they never said it was new.
They said their version of it did it faster w/o as large of a performance decrease.

Or you can wait and potentially get a Ryzen chip with more Cores/Threads for the same price or a Ryzen with same Cores/Threads for nearly half the price.

What’s to be so happy about? The performance that AMD just announced has already been available to consumers for months now. Why weren’t they equally as happy when those products came out?

Maybe some competition will knock ridiculous Intel pricing down, specially on their high end chips.

Nothing released by AMD (or Intel, for that matter) is going to convince me I need to upgrade from my 8700k, which by the time these chips release, will be almost 2 years old.

Nor will it give me any regrets for having spent $360 on my Intel chip to have had great performance for almost 2 years.

1 Like

Then they better hurry up with 10nm, mobile 10nm doesn’t count :smile:

Because of the price tag.
$600 for a 8C/16T.

Agreed. I’ll likely be sitting on my 7900x/1080ti for quite a while.

1 Like

That also couldn’t handle vrms on z370 so you had to get a z390 to actually run the 9900k

Yeah, I felt like Intel should have priced the 9900k at $400 - but due to the shortage and high demand, the resellers would have jacked up the price and Intel wouldn’t have seen any of that money.

Either way, you can get a new 9900k from Amazon for $499 now!

After the 8000s the 9000s are kind of a disappointment anyway. Basically from top to bottom.

Yes, You have to upgrade motherboards. That’s the same thing You did when You didn’t need to.

The issue is more along the lines of poor z370 vrm standards (of which AM4 is not immune), not z370 itself. Some z370s manage fine.

We also don’t know how well existing AM4 will run the new chips.

Apparently the Ryzen ran at CES 2019 was an 8 Core 16 Thread with a TDP for 75W.

That would make it in lines of being the 3600 or 3600x according to previous potential leaks.

Has a 15% performance increase over a max overclocked 2700X at stock or pre-release frequencies.

1 Like

Which once again if the leak is true, they had to compare it core, had they demoed a 16 core, Intel would be scrambling to get a 18 core on a z390 (7980XE remember) :rofl:

So pretty much a mid range chip going to be $250+ literally makes the $500 9900k obsolete if the leaks are true :rofl:

The problem is that by the time these come out, Intel will likely have already released or announced the successor to the 9900k.

If this was releasing NOW, it would be literally over for Intel for the entire first half of 2019.

But it isn’t, so it’s not.

With what? 14nm+++++++++ ?

The 9900k is too hot when trying to OC, they can’t recycle 14nm any longer

I have to find find the quote but Intel has already announced that desktop 10nm is botched and they are going to work on 7nm. Dont see them devloping a whole other architecture and releasing it in 1 year.