Ryzen 3000 spec/price leaked (supposedly)

Ram number don’t really have a lot to do with performance (moreso ram speed), so you could easily have a VII that competes with a 2080 at 8 gigs.

But the Ryzen stock speed was unknown. Or, I should say, the speed it was running was unknown. Let alone stock speed. They could easily have sped it up above what they intend for stock speed. this way they don’t commit to a speed as being “stock” and can try to gin up some excitement.

It’s lower power draw is impressive, though.

Correct, but it does have a lot to do with price :slight_smile:

I’d like to speculate that the Radeon 7 they showed could be like a Vega 56 replica

Then the 64 replica would be 2080 ti range

And perhaps some 3rd one in the RTX Titan range

Or just 2 cards to fight rtx 2080 and 2080 ti

No one needs a $2500 card to do gaming :rofl:

right, imagine an 8 gig for like 550 that competes with the 2080…

If the Vega 7 beats the 2080 at $699, i’d consider it.

One could argue you don’t REALLY need a ti, outside of the fact it actually has decent RT capabilities at higher res.

RTX 2080 is $800 MSRP if I am correct

Radeon 7 is $700

So if they are at same performance that’s a win for the 7

The thing that really needs to be addressed is the $200-300 market. And no, AMD, the RX 590 isn’t it.

2080 is $699 for reference models and $799 for the FE

That’s a big IF. These were very cherry-picked benchmarks. If it’s the same price and performance then AMD still kind of loses because it wouldn’t have ray-tracing. Even though RTX isn’t much of a thing, all things being equal, why buy the card without it over the one with it? That’s what boggles my mind with today’s presentation.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/graphics-cards/rtx-2080/

[quote=“You-darrowmere, post:192, topic:38263”]

Reference is $699, FE is $799.

The 2080 goes as low as $699. That price for Radeon 7 is likely low, probably going to sell for higher.

Why buy one with it when it’ll barely be used for another 2-5 years at least? If at all. If nVidia were planning the 1180 (so far they’re not) that’d be the card I’d go for.

My point was that if all things are the same except one has RTX and the other hasn’t I’m buying the one with because I want the best for my money. If the Radeon 7 were cheaper or there was an 1180 then those would make sense.

We can’t REALLY discuss pricing though until we see all models and pricing. If they don’t offer a cheaper one with less vram, it becomes do I want to buy into RT or not.

(most of the 699 cards have extremely low ratings, so you’re at least spending a little extra)

and honestly, right now, I refuse to buy into something as crazy niche as RT.

Only thing we know about the Zen 2 chip they used is that it was an 8C/16T.

Here’s the thing

Ray tracing isn’t something brand new, my Vega frontier has Ray tracing ever since it existed

It’s on the professional drivers I use whenever I need to switch when I need to make something

Now I’m not sure if I could use it on ray tracing games because I don’t have a game that uses Ray tracing

Even though the Nvidia Pascal cards also had ray tracing but wasn’t just big like RTX claims

Yup, so little info kind of sucks.

So what I’ve learned from both Intel, AMD, and Nvidia from ces 2019: yawn don’t buy anything because it’s all underwhelming