Running LFG Dungeons for Callings as DPS is MISERABLE

Is anyone playing this game anymore?

I ask because I tried to do my Calling today as a DPS (I normally heal or tank to AVOID these queues) and I went through LFG. It took about 12 minutes to get into Theater of Pain, and after we killed the first boss, the tank leaves (not a surprise, there is no other value of content for him to complete the dungeon outside the calling), and then the healer 5 minutes later, and the other 2 DPS about 15 minutes after that, after 28 minutes of NOTHING, I dropped and re-entered the LFG queue. This time, I phased into Plaguefall, kill the first boss, and the tank leaves again, and 5 minutes later, the healer. Spent another 25 minutes sitting in the dungeon AGAIN with the other 2 DPS, we had all DPS spots filled and just needed a tank and healer, and got NOTHING that whole time. I have sat more than an HOUR inside dungeons after downing the first boss just to complete a dungeon and was unable to. I also spent 25 minutes in queue for each of those dungeons, so in almost 2 hours of what Blizzard will call SUCCESSFUL as I was logged in, I got to play for 8 minutes, and complete NOTHING.

I now know why my friends list is more empty every week and people not resubbing.

The content is painful for Alts. There is NO reason for anyone past ilvl 171 to EVER queue for a Heroic dungeon, or a Regular dungeon.

After being subbed since 2006, it is time to turn the light out.

Doing the dungeon for callings is honestly the worst way. World quests for callings take the same amount of time or less in many cases but give significantly more anima and norm gold also.

As such people don’t do dungeons for calllings.

There is literally no reason to do heroics outside of lego memory farm (that still is not worth do a m7 and the drop rate is near 100 percent to get it in a single run vs multi. Only really the cta bags for aug runes are worth as it’s about 3k a run on avg so not bad gold but still not worth even than. If the cta bags gave one world quest worth of anima (the 3 rare token pre building upgrade type scales with building ups) might be worth. The instances would have to give anima on top of the bags thou as right now there current anima income is way to low to be worth the time with even a m2 taking leas time more often than not when adding the time to get to the stone while being worth more anima and better gear.

You don’t gear in heroics either with one callings gold getting you a full set of crafted gear at best heroic ilvl to skip into mythic.

1 Like

Are you trying to do dungeon when most people are at work? I know when I was on furlough for a few months at the start of Covid it was not worth it trying to get a dungeon group during the day.

I feel for you! There’s a reason I typically play characters that can tank and/or heal. My current alt is a demonology lock (for the lulz) and it’s super painful to do anything when my friends aren’t online.

Long has this been the struggle of WoW, especially in those awkward times between content patches, which is extra worse in 9.0.

The only thing worse than being a dps and relying on tanks to get anything done… is playing a tank.

i usually queue as dps to do the callings, i find most wqs to be incredibly boring and require so many steps to complete that its just faster to queue and pew pew in less than 10 minutes

Callings, weekly quests, and most importantly veiled augment runes.

I usually que up in for the normal version for the callings. No reason for me personally to do heroic honestly. They usually pop much quicker and refill if needed since you have the leveling pool to work with.

why not queue healer and get it insta.

I’m actually beginning to wonder if that’s a bigger part of it than we ever imagined, and might actually be the primary reason my MMO experience has felt so limited in the past year.

Between Covid pushing people to WFH and the George Floyd riots resulting in widespread curfews not long after, it actually starts to seem to me as if, in fact, humanity has more or less been forcibly realigned by government order into a standard 9-5 diurnal lifestyle with entertainment being in the earlier hours of the evening, and there is nothing left for the rest of us.

I work a 1-10 shift and on work nights I’m not really up to anything much till 11 Central time, or 9 Pacific. Even though I’m on one of the largest servers in NA, when I look at guild ads on the trade ticker (not that I’m willing to ditch my friends and that’s another thing that grinds my gears in this game, seems most people pretty much these days treat their guild tag with all the impersonal respect due a gear slot rather than as a core group of buds to remain loyal to) I haven’t really seen much running that late, and truly night owls? I’ve seen ONE. Exactly ONE such group even advertising on Stormrage. And it’s Mythic. I have a reasonable awareness of my limits, and I know Mythic’s not something I want to be getting myself tangled into. Normal? Sure. Heroic? Usually. Mythic? Nah.

OCE? Not really a practical option this xpac given the unfriendliness of the content and class mechanics to high ping (230+ last I looked, which is the worst ping I’ve had by far in a game ever, even when I played Quake on dialup back in the old old days or when I tried playing on Japanese FFXIV servers I had a better ping than that).

Things are actually starting to look more and more over with these days, I’m pretty much only hanging on in hopes that my guildies will come through and manage to get a raid group running for the first time since Dazar’alor (our call for interest during Nya didn’t get enough bites either, sadly).

Doing dungeons for callings only really works for tanks/healers because your queues are instant.

I queue as heals and switch to balance and then smash my head against the keyboard.

I mean if you’re 197 just make a group for a Mythic 0 or just run a low level key. 197 is enough to knock out a +5 if you know what you’re doing, let alone doing anything lower.

If you really care about getting the callings done (and you shouldn’t, they are pointless) then the easiest way is to just do the world quests and get a group for them using the LFG tool. Smash it out in 2 minutes, takes longer to fly there than to get the quest done.