Runeblade of Baron Rivendare

Fixed the broken link.

Quoting a bug report from a private server has zero relevancy in classic, as the MangOS core used to replicate how vanilla blizzard servers worked were almost all wrong so far with how so scales with items (often the lame answer being not at all). Even in TBC and wrath SP scaling was added to items that didn’t exist in the same was as classic, so while it may have scaled with sp when all those other new stat systems were implemented, it does not mean in vanilla (or now classic) that baron’s swors scales with sp/+healing

However, I would love to set the record straight with how it works now in classic, so if anyone knows someone with the sword buy them +healing gear and test it.

2 Likes

The very first thing in the body of the OP is a video showing Runeblade scaling with +healing in Classic.

Never seen that sword or the mount drop - including the 15 years spent doing mount runs in retail.

dude, that’s where we posted the links to the original wowhead comments - since the classic.wowhead page for the Runeblade no longer has them

see how I had to do a wayback machine in order to link it now?

https://web.archive.org/web/20170106053739/http://www.wowhead.com/item=13505/runeblade-of-baron-rivendare#comments

get real

PS according to wow tools it has 1:1 scaling from +healing so 100% scaling:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/613563336361115671/649644786877464581/unknown.png

https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=17625/unholy-aura

Original post I replied to did not have video.

Current video is listed as unavailable.

If it does have 1:1 scaling that is amazing, but you’ll need to forgive me for being so skeptical of something that would literally turn any class that can use 2h weapons into god mode.

I’m not sure why the guy keeps taking the video down. It is clearly scaling with +healing when you do get the chance to view it. Also, it doesn’t open up some form of “god mode”.

It sure will allow for some interesting play style’s to be developed. You could realistically probably 5man all of MC with a ~2k hp5 tank.

Aka God mode

2 Likes

I’d think god mode would be enough hp5 that even a boss can’t out damage the regen. Which isn’t the case.

video link test

• edit - embedded playback works now in this forum

Click the actual link on the video itself and it’ll take you to YouTube to view it correctly.

It would also be nice to have a breakdown of what behaviors are-or-aren’t considered a bug… snapshotting of the buff seems insane to me. But scaling with +heal, is not much less insane.

What is the reference client behavior or intended behavior of Unholy Aura supposed to be?

Thank you for bringing proof.

yes I’d say 700+ healing every 5 seconds for free is god mode especially when you can snapshot the +healing in such a manner.

I’d say abuse it until it gets fixed – as that seems to be the fastest way to fix anything in Classic.

1 Like

FYI

Fierywind Empyrean🎩Today at 1:42 AM

@Theloras I cant make a vod for you, but I can confirm amplify magic is snapshotting
it gives the full amount every 5s…
with 411 healing power, my warrior guildy has 531 hp5 with a lower rank amplify magic (giving 100 healing)(edited)
so with an improved max rank amplify magic, you can get an extra ~262 hp5
also mortal strike does halve the healing from runeblade

Fierywind Empyrean🎩Today at 3:12 AM

this also means toep will snapshot
if you could somehow get one
so the max theoretical hp5 you could get with runeblade this phase is somewhere around 1200

This would bring the totals to:

• Paladin: +2024 Healing
  • Warrior: +1992 Healing
  • Hunter: +1992 Healing

If we assume PI does add to the snapshot:

• Paladin: +2428 Healing
  • Warrior: +2390 Healing
  • Hunter: +2390 Healing
1 Like

A free and infinitely occuring 2k heal every 5 seconds would allow you to solo most 5 man dungeons (eventually).

But the fastest way to get blizzard to fix anything would be to abuse it maliciously until it is fixed.

If its deemed not a bug, then time for everyone and their mother to reroll as hunter paladin warrior and farm it.

Snappshotting like that is clearly not intended or authentic.

However having it scale like that may actually be tho…

it’s not farmable though lol

super duper low drop rate :stuck_out_tongue:

Yea, not sure about the snapshot effect, but it does appear it scaled with healing all the way through WoTLK.

1 Like