Rumours going around that Shadowlands only in 2021

I find this all completely ironic considering your stance on high elves.

Good guy light skinned elves are the most ripped off fantasy aspect there is that others did first. Absolutely no creativity there.

3 Likes

The Shadowlands expac is up for pre-order. You can get your money back if it ends up being delivered late, but only if you don’t use anything in the pre-order.

That’s funny, I find Chris Metzen’s take on High Elves in Warcraft to be aesthetically and thematically unique and very creative.

It’ll make this the worst content drought in history.

3 Likes

Whatever it takes to make it good.

Back when Blizzard made good games “soon” was a thing they were teased with, but it always panned out.

4 Likes

Anyone who thinks SL won’t release until 2021 is high. Activision would NEVER let blizz do that. Zero possible chance. None. Nil. It might be november and not august, but absolutely no chance of a 2021 release.

5 Likes

He wanted elves in WoW to not be like the Tolkien counterparts. The cornerstone argument for them is to make them as much like that as possible. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am pretty sure under EU E-Commerce law that Blizzard can actually be held legally at fault if they don’t release by the date on pre-order.

Its already illegal in Germany, for example, to sell a digital good via pre-orders with no firm release date. Being able to just move it around would be the same issue.

You beat me to it. Breach of Contract can be a beetch.

And under their legal tab, it does say that they will give money back for your expac. But you have to not use anything in it. If you do, then it shows that you wanted it, and no refunds. Has happened before to people. So if people are worried about it not releasing on time, don’t use anything!

Yes, I am aware of the refund policy. I am not referring to that. I am referring to the legal aspect.

And how its illegal for Blizzard to sell pre-orders to a product without a firm release date. And how if you just move the release date around willy-nilly, that makes it not firm.

1 Like

Being part of the Alliance doesn’t impact the ways in which Warcraft High Elves are different from their predecessors in the fantasy genre and, in fact, they are only part of the Horde to balance player population with a human-like race with the monster faction.

But this is getting off topic, so that’s all I have to say. So to reiterate my original point: current devs have lost touch with what Warcraft is and means to the people who buy it. Blizzard should hire people to get the franchise back to its roots if the company doesn’t want Warcraft’s downward trajectory to continue.

I can’t imagine any company getting themselves set up for a commitment like that without some type of legalese for wiggle room

What I’m saying is as long as they have legal terms that protect them, no lawyer will help people so they should take caution themselves if they feel it might become a problem. Because anything can happen. I don’t expect it to be late myself. But you never know.

Why anyone would pre-order a FF knock off a year in advance, instead of just playing FF, is beyond me. After watching the Blizzcon announcement, I was very underwhelmed with the whole concept.

Between no real specific information on how systems will be implemented like gearing, pvp gearing, and PF being apparently unchanged(meaning ridiculously time gated out of hubris) I was disappointed. Add to that, we get the added bonus kick to the crotch of being stuck with Beta for Azerite for another year plus…I Decided to unsub instead.

the OG 9.0 was always Shadowlands like all Warcraft expansions it has been on the drawing board for at least 3 expansions, if not more.

There were clues in MoP shadowlands was going to happen, there were clues in WoD, and Legion that Silvanas was doing shady stuff in regards to death and undeath.

From the start of BfA when Silvanas burned down the tree, it was clear Shadowlands and Silvanas was going to be coming. So I have no clue what pipe dream you are talking about, as it’s clear this next expansion just like BfA was in the works for quiet a while.

2 Likes

release it when its done

1 Like

I get what you are saying.

I am saying that literally doesn’t matter.

There are no legal terms to protect Blizzard from breaking the law in this case. If the release date is not firm, then Blizzard broke the law. Period. It doesn’t matter what refund options are available. Because they still broke the law.

Yeah, I’m not denying that the user have a right to be pissed about it, but they have lots of legal speak to protect themselves too.

So it’s just better for people to protect themselves. Because it’s very unlikely they’d be able to sue. So at the least, make sure you can get your money back.

No. They don’t.

They have zero legal speak to protect themselves.

And its 100% chance they’d be able to sue in places where its illegal. That is Europe. Which has extremely costumer friendly e-commerce laws.