Rules of dueling?

My rule for Dueling

1. decline
  2. repeat as needed

People like to claim that you should let rogues or let feral druids open. Bull ****ing ****. If you want to open you earn it. Any rogue or Druid worth their pixels in copper can open without it being given to them.

3 Likes

There is literally no way to do this.

Rogues/druids get opener
Warrior’s get to charge
No sitting in flair at start
No more than one totem before countdown starts
No pre-sacing Voidwalker
No lay on hands
No sitting in stealth for multiple minutes for cooldowns to come back
No standing directly on top of range before duel start
No potions
No outside buffs
No cheesy engi items (rocket helm/death ray)
Grenades - Depends

30+ min cooldowns are questionable, up to duelers if allowed or not

1 Like

Must be fun at parties. Look, a Wall of No.

1 Like

These are the common rules set for fair 1v1 dueling, open world/ bgs have no rules

The only rules for dueling are:

1. Stay in the dueling area.
  2. Win by reducing opponent health to submission or they retire from the duel.

Now if you want to make up rules to duel by, that’s perfectly fine. Just make sure your opponents are aware of them so you don’t get all upset when they don’t follow them.

3 Likes

The entire point of this thread was to ask what the common rules of dueling etiquette are

If you want to go tryhard mode in duels and win by any means necessary thats fine, but you’re gonna get called out for it pretty often if you didn’t specify that its free for all

1 Like
  1. Strip naked
  2. Unarmed only
4 Likes

I play PvP only…
My rules is…
The Ally player display for me as skull Boss , I don’t duel
Otherwise go to The fight

1 Like

There isn’t any.

If you think anything about dueling is “tryhard”, you’d be running tourneys full of rules to manipulate match results.

vanilla unspoken rules: rogues get the operner on everyone, even warriors. warriors get to charge everyone (except rogues) Hunters can pre trap but it was a bit cheasy, they could also use flares, again a bit cheasy. No pots, only self buffs, mages can use their mana candy and locks could use their health candy. Rogues could use tea and warriors rage pots. engineering gadgets were ok, all trinkets were ok. That was basically it. We never went over the rules, you just learned them over time and kept to them. Tipsout tourny rules pretty match up to vanilla rules

1 Like

There clearly is common rules established by habitual duelers or this thread wouldn’t exist

There is a lot of people like you however that don’t seem to grasp the concept of “competitive sportsmanship” where people like to test their skills and mastery of their class in a controlled environment without the influence of unbalanced cheese that tips the scales too far in either direction

Just because you cant help but pop every cooldown to win because you cant stand to lose doesn’t mean there aren’t other players who like to test the limits of their own abilities in duels to improve with their base kit

2 Likes

The common rules I see repeated aren’t from vanilla.

They’re from private servers. And no one gives a rip about that sad group.

I already said if you want to establish your own rules before a duel go ahead, the onus is on you.

I don’t care in any case. However, projecting your feelings and rules as a standard upon others because of your perception of fairness is inappropriate.

WoW is voluntary. Assuming everyone else should follow your beliefs is ignorant and sophomoric. Just like whining about losing a duel, of all things.:roll_eyes:

In all content in WoW, if you don’t establish rules, whether you’re running a raid, running a dungeon, or running a pvp premades, or just dueling, if you don’t establish any rules before the event starts, any issues fall on the person who is either in charge, or wanted those rules established.

Really snowflaking it up hard here buddy.

6 Likes

Bro you’re coming in to a thread where the OP clearly asked what the commonly established dueling rules are and you are denying they exist

They exist, YOU just personaly choose not to subscribe to them regularly
Just because you dont want to follow the commonly established dueling etiquette doesn’t mean it’s not a very real thing for a large part of the community
Just dismissing them as “only a private server thing” is both incorrect and irrelevant

The one snowflaking is you

The only rule we follow is no pots/healthstones.

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/vala_
Youtube: Vala Thetank
Twitter: @valathetank

2 Likes

This!

And I know some people do not wanna hear it but on vanilla there was also a rule where mages werent really allowed to resheep either because of the resett mechanic and because it just took too long. So most people would just forfeit the duel because nobody had any patience or interest in waiting till the mage finally got every rng right so he could win

I mean look at these streamer duelers playing mage. Mage is a fun class and they manage to make it look boring by dragging out a duel that should be finished in 30 sec to 10 min. Gz mage, you won after 8 resets. Great plays.

It’s actually $50,000 believe it or not.

With that being said, Idk I’m still 50/50 on the rule. One part of me says “let them open. Rogues without their stealth opener are severely hindered”

The other part says “nah”

Idk, healthstones are conjured… via spell. That rule is so iffy. No bias, im just saying it’s in my spell book… not from a profession

LET the rogue open? LOL F’ that.
Give him the finger and pom pyro that b.

1 Like