Rules of dueling?

This isn’t just a vanilla thing, it’s been this way in WoW for as long as I can remember.

Don’t sit there trying to AoE rogues and druids out, don’t instantly root the warrior or something dumb the millisecond the duel starts, don’t camp on your flare with a trap down as hunter when you duel a rogue.

Basic things like this, duels are for fun, practice and improving, you’re not improving anything if you sit there trying to cheese the other player.

Just go outside Orgrimmar on retail and watch any high rated player duel, they’ll all do this.

edit: oh yeah and don’t mount up before the duel and run ontop of your opponent.

1 Like

ROFL.
No one gets a free “oppener” in a duel. And hunters get 20 yards if they make sure there at distance when the countdown timer hits 0.

And I didn’t quote it but as a mage I can sheep you as much as I want in a duel. Just like a warlock can chain fear.

Your rules are a joke

1 Like

If you are wrestling a quadriplegic is it a learning experience?

1 Like

Ye, cause spamming r1 arcane explosion is very hard for a mage. The funny thing is, if a mage spams aoes at the start of the duel just to get a rogue out even though he knows its a duel and he knows the rogue its coming, its a relief for me because I know said mage is insecure and therefore no real threat anyway.

2 Likes

And standing there letting you stun lock me to death is your idea of fair… get over yourself

Dam right im gonna arc blast, rank 1 arc blast at that to conserve Mana.

6 Likes

In my day you had to walk 5 miles uphill all the way through the snow just to get to the duel. Then it was 5 miles uphill all the way through the snow just to get back to the game.

3 Likes

If you lose to a rogue right now as mage you’re actually terrible, even if they get the open. They cannot win unless you make huge mistakes.

2 Likes

You are a mage, what stunlock? You know you can blink out of stuns ye?

1 Like

Then they don’t need the opener, since a bad mage will lose either way.

1 Like

it did actually.

1 Like

Relax dude… I didn’t make up the rules, someone else did. However, if you don’t agree with it, don’t participate in it.

1 Like

Mickymoo said it best.

funny i think the same about a rogue that needs to be given the opening…

4 Likes

???

Mages beat rogues even if rogues open.

You sit there spamming AoE in a duel to try stop them opening, in a match up you already should win.

Why would you do that, other than the fact you have 0 clue how to PvP in this game.

1 Like

No it didnt. There was an addon that let you allow checking players gear (enemy players) which was banned rather quickly from blizz but there was nothing like the spy addon.

Stop talking rubbish.

Look. Get good enough to open yourself or get used to loosing to more skilled players.

1 Like

What is it even used for though? You should already be tracking enemy player actions in combat log.

Just keep combat log in its own window and make enemy player actions bright orange or yellow or whatever.

1 Like

Because I’m a mage with those skills. Get used to loosing to mages that know how to play their class. Or get better at yours.

I am a mage and i’m way better at it than you, that’s why I don’t try to AoE classes that my class counters out of stealth in a duel.

Magic, the Op asked what the duel etiquette was. I just told him what it is.

You are here defending your petty playstyle, idc. Any mage spamming r1 AE vs rogues, using CS vs warrior charges and blizzarding nelfs that go smeld (like hunters for instance) before the fight even starts is by definition not a good mage. You might be bad, you might be average but you will never be good.

A good mage doesnt need any of that crap to win. So Magic, I hate to break it to ya, but if you do rely on above mentioned tactics; you just aint good.

2 Likes