Rules of dueling?

sad part is they don’t even need it, they have stealth detection, they will see through your stelth from maybe 5 yards away ? they won’t let you open.

I played bloodelf rogue since early tbc, never has anyone I have dueled ever just let me get the opener, that is what sap is for, they running around wasting mana on AOE then you sap them and open at your leisure.

4 Likes

Spy addon didnt exist in vanilla and should be banned. Its a crappy addon, dont use it. Gz you cheat the system. nobody cares mage.

So much salt, i should make a margarita.

4 Likes

that doesnt even make any sense but okay

There are NO rules to combat. If you can’t find an opening then you suck. End of story. Screw rogues.

7 Likes

You’re upset because you don’t automatically get the jump on everyone, thus the salt.

I like salt on the rim of my margarita glass.

3 Likes

oh man… dont worry, ill get the jump

If you care about having a legit duel with “gentleman” rules:

-No consumables
-Self buffs only
-No 10 min+ cooldowns unless you’re doing best of 3 or more
-Rogues and warriors get openers
-Hunters get 20 yards
-No infinite sheep resets for mages

If you’re not having a duel with rules or just no pots, then anything goes.

4 Likes

Even if you do ice block trigger finger, and i have a macro on it to remove it if needed to make sure you can’t get away.

Dont worry, if i get the jump you can block, you just gonna die.

There isn’t a set of dueling rules outside of made-up ones by bad players that think dueling holds anything meaningful.

Many players like to set rules because they think it makes dueling “fair” but that’s a load of poop because the game is built around the assumption you have everything available to you.

The game isn’t balanced to be fair. And the ones crying for rules are for a rude awakening when bgs come out.

3 Likes

Rules of dueling:

Get the other person’s health to 0 before yours goes to 0.

That’s it.

16 Likes

So…do we have to look away from our screens and let warlocks find a hiding place and then dot us up before we’re allowed to figure out where they are and attack too? :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

This is not some crap bag private server, you guys and your damn I don’t wanna pay for a game private servers piss me off!

1 Like

I remember reading pages and pages of arguments about that before I stopped reading the pages and pages more I didn’t have time for. I doubt that in those later pages anyone came to an agreement on what was the convention.

Answer is;

You either duel with all Cds or you do not! also heal potting is a nono! If pots are to be used player x should say so before hand.

Or in my day, we dueled in Gurubashi arena to the DEATH! No rules but 1v1!

2 Likes

If your good, you will get the jump. If you need your opponent to “let you open”. Your not good.

8 Likes

Amen, don’t listen to these private server scabs… Im embarrassed for them everytime they glorify these STEAL free Games servers with changes that make the game easier…

PATHETIC!

2 Likes

I used to stealth around WSG sapping people until I got bored with it. Then I’d stealth in to the alliance war room and wait for the one person they left behind to guard the flag get bored and look out the door to see what’s happening. Then I’d grab the flag and run like hell.

Fair?

3 Likes

The main purpose of the rules is to nerf down Warlocks and give all the other classes a fighting chance because they think it won’t be “fun” to see a certain class dominate.

And the prize is just streamers giving money to streamers.

3 Likes