RPing Characters' Past Selves

Fresh start.

That mindset lets me play my characters from the ground up, and I have created new ones firmly rooted in the era rather than younger versions. It also helps (for me) because their end is not predetermined.

This bear has always beenā€¦whuffleā€¦this bear.

This bear thought that the moon was pretty, and feathers are soft, yet not soft. But this bear then realize this bear was hungry. So this bear forgot da moon, and eated da moose. Then this bear was full, and so this bear slept.

When this bear woke, this bear was hungry again, so this bear hunted. When bear is hungry, is no time for thinking pretty sparkly moon-thoughts. Only Moose thoughts, yes?
Moose is yummy, and this bearā€¦is still hungry.

Do not mistake this bear though, the moon is nice, we like the moon, it is close to us. But we are a bear. And bear, especially this bear, is practical.

Now, who has rum? This bear fond of rum.

And moose. Zhevra will do in pinch. Bear is not picky.

1 Like

This bear is digging what the Red Cow is saying. This bear finds path-that-has-always-been-but-not as well.

Does the Red Cow know where to get more moose?

Everywhere. Points to a hippogryph

Ahhā€¦ This char has always belonged in classic. After wrath he was retired.
He was out of place and time anywhere else.

1 Like

Aelliciah Larris Warrens (Aelliciah) is a shieldmaiden after the events of Legion. But beforehand; she was a chef who owned a find little establishment in the Park of Stormwind. Baking all sorts of goods until she opened her own pie shop. In this moment, we are reliving the days of her peasant life.

Pifii Copperblast (Pifii) is the older sister of my main gnome priest, Kinria Copperblast. The events in Classic involve the life of Pifii before her sister was reclaimed from Gnomerganā€™s depths.

Father Elian Orzan (Orzan) is my Undead Priest from Wyrmrest Accord. The events of Classic is purely him getting a grasp on his stateā€¦ and the ridicule thrown at him by his people for being a staunch believer in the light. Where he is much more reserved and easily enraged by those who use the Light for malicious deeds.

Guilty as charged, occifer! Most of my Classic characters come from retailā€¦itā€™s a long list.

Yotingo- In retail, Yotingoā€™s a retired manager of AAMS, a courier company that helps send packages between Horde and Alliance and pushes for peace between the factions. In Classic, heā€™s just starting to learn his shaman arts from the tauren after abandoning his troll family and culture, and is eying the Alliance curiously and is debating the merits of peace. (Heā€™s always been a little eccentric for a troll.) He hasnā€™t yet met the AAMS, and probably never will in Classicā€™s timeline, unless friends of mine decide to start another AAMS guild in Classic.

Keelath - In retail, Keelath is my blood elf death knight. He was originally raised as a skeleton of the Scourge (for he had been dead since the Second Warā€“20 something yearsā€“flesh all long gone!) By the time of retail, heā€™s learned how to use necromancy and sanā€™layn blood magic to restore his physical appearance, but in Classic heā€™s only beginning to learn how to do this and so looks like any olā€™ Forsaken. At least, thatā€™s my excuse!
In retail, most of Keelathā€™s storyline has to do with interacting with his sinā€™dorei (and now renā€™dorei) relatives while heā€™s still very loyal to Sylvanas. Classic instead sets the stage for all this, outlining just WHY heā€™s loyal to Sylvanas. Or thatā€™s the hope. Heā€™s a newer character so thereā€™s still a lot to fill in of that particular period of his (un)life.

Haralka - Also a relatively new character. Haralka on retail is a tauren paladin, newly come to the profession and learning from the blood elves about the Light. In Classic she is still some random hunter who lives remotely and, wellā€¦hunts for a living. Simple.

Furen - An older character who has a mess of a backstory. He was born in vanilla WoW where I saw the green hair for undead characters and said to myself, ā€œhey, that looks like an undead night elf!ā€ ā€¦and so Furen became. 15 years later Iā€™m mature enough to realize how silly this is, but he still has a lot of RP history and the nostalgia of being my very first rogue that I canā€™t just wipe away. Soā€¦Classic may serve as his redemption. Or he might sit around being a bank alt. Weā€™ll seeā€¦
For the record, in retail, he is now a nightborne, after body-swapping warlock-experimenting soul-fusing weirdness. WEIRD weirdnessā€¦I apologize for anyone who has to delve in that characterā€™s history, for real.

Brokehorn - I think I may roll him into my Highmountain tauren on retail, Maluki. The story would go, Maluki fought on Mount Hyjal (from WC3) and broke his horn, hence getting his nickname. Through Classic and on, he grows in power as a druid until he gets his antlersā€“whether from the same moose spirit as the rest of the Highmountain tauren or because druids like growing antlers in general;I havenā€™t decided.

Jassa - Donā€™t think Iā€™ll get into Alliance-side RP on Classic, but yes, itā€™s the same character. Most of my Alliance-side characters probably wonā€™t make it over, though. They got their fair shake of RP in vanilla!

EDIT: Forgot Baachi! Baachi is a troll warlock in retail, but a troll priest in Classic. He was always been somewhat between the two as a witchdoctor, but the image of him having a bunch of little imps bouncing around and taking baths in his cauldron of voodoo was too good not to make him into a warlock in retail when that became available (plus I just like trolls). In Classic I already have a shaman in Yotingo, and no priests, so he became a priest. It fits well enough between the healing and the shadow magic.

Yeah, I need more character slots. Haha.

1 Like