RP Walking to 60

SadMoon is a Tauren warrior who will RP walk his way to 60. As a calf, his leg was horribly crushed by a Kodo, which has left him with a bad leg. As such, he cannot run, or even perform fast moving warrior abilities such as charge.

SadMoon is also terrified of Kodos, and will not use a mount. However, SadMoon will use the flight paths and travel on air ships.

If you are Alliance, you would probably have an easy kill when you see SadMoon. He won’t be able to do more than cry.

At 60, he may be able to find a cure. Until then, the long and slow journey begins.

64 Likes

What times do you usually play? (server time)

I could ride by and give you a hand from time to time.

5 Likes

I am proud to say SadMoon recently became part of Thunderhoof Tribe.

We have our wisest healers researching ways to heal him, and our fiercest fighters vowing to protect him. We will find a way for him to realize his goal to be a warrior.

21 Likes

Can’t wait to kill him tbh

10 Likes

Elfhide bags are 12 slot, right?

9 Likes

I have an extra slot.

11 Likes

Can he run in ghost form

5 Likes

Interesting question–I would assume so, since in ghost form the being is no longer physical in nature.

3 Likes

Yes, I run in ghost form.

So far, the experience has been quite relaxing. It is opposite of the “go go go” mindset that is common in Retail. I find that I also take the time to read the quests more in detail.

12 Likes

I have so much respect for this incredible inspiring story. Blessings of the stones upon ye Sadmoon, may the healers of Thuderhoof Tribe do their will so that I may meet you in honorable battle.

11 Likes

Upon reaching level 60 you must S-key through your leveling route, back to your starting location, to fully recover the bad leg.

2 Likes

Sad Moon has RP walked to 20!

The whole process has not been as bad as I expected. The worst part is moving around the cities to profession train, go to the auction house, etc . That can be tedious. But the flight points make questing not that bad.

RP walking has allowed me to notice many details of the game that I had previously missed. Like some painted rocks on the way from the Barrens to Stonetalon Peak. I also ran into an elite raptor that I didn’t know existed in the Barrens in an out of the way location. He killed me, but it was still fun.

SadMoon has now ventured into PVP zones. But, luckily, he has yet to be killed. I think many have pity on him. I am sure that will change. But he will just run back to his corpse and continue walking.

I have also been able to group with a few random people to tackle some elite mobs. I always warn people that I am RP walking so my participation is slower. But so far everyone has been cool.

Once SadMoon gets to 60, I will roleplay a healing so that he can be a normal warrior. But for now it is interesting taking the game slow and avoiding talents (such as Charge) that would require two good legs.

23 Likes

godbless you

3 Likes

i love this !

2 Likes

I do hope I have the privilege to encounter you out in the world, Sadmoon. Rest assured I will assist you if I can!

1 Like

I commend your bravery and will leave you be should our paths cross.

1 Like

If Sadmoon looses the other leg his new nickname will be Ground Beef.

18 Likes

@Gravy

Haha

Too clever.

1 Like

Is there an update on sadmoon ??

3 Likes

We want more Sadmoon!

3 Likes