[RP] Tabletop-style RP, anyone?

I didn’t want to come here 'cause the Blizzard forums are skeeeeeeeeery and full of RAGE but I’ve got 2 spots left to fill and the other players are excitedly chomping at the bit to get started, so here goes the sales pitch… deep breathhhhh

Is RP your favorite part of playing WoW? If you could only find enough compelling, satisfying, and challenging RP, would you be stuck at level 5 forever in a tavern somewhere having the time of your life? If so, have we got the guild for you!!

I’m starting up a hybrid roleplay project that combines a tabletop-style, GM-guided, regular weekly “RP + IC-PvE” campaign with a more standard and freeform “heavy RP” guild. This will be a long-term project and it will be based around a dedicated group of NEW characters who are created just for the GM-directed storyline.

The guild also looks to fill out its ranks with pre-existing or less-restricted new RP characters who aren’t involved in the structured “tabletop” part of it, so long as their personal canon doesn’t conflict with the guild canon. Our guild story begins at the VERY beginning, with the rise of the Defias Brotherhood in Elwynn Forest et al, and the hope is that we’ll all progress through the canon storyline together IC.
This guild will not be focusing on leveling, gear, or raiding. It is entirely story and roleplay based, and we will simply be using the game environments, quests, and selected 5-man dungeons as immersive settings to add flavor to our evolving story.

To repeat and/or clarify: there will be a core group of players cast in designated roles who pace their leveling together and attend regular weekly tabletop-style sessions, but other RPers are welcome to apply to join the guild and RP and/or quest with us between sessions.

The only core roles we have open right now are a human warrior(tank) and a dwarf hunter.

IMPORTANT CLARIFICATION for any concerned RPers: We are not here to try to interfere with other server RP or story timelines, and will largely keep our eccentric little “bubble” storyline to ourselves, though you may see us out and about in taverns doing more general light IC socializing.

For full information, please see our Google Docs marketing thingamajigger, linked on Twitter at @games_shell, or hit me up on Discord at mishellbaker#1595 and I can link you to it there. That will let you know how to contact me if you are interested!

If you are not interested, rest assured that this topic will not come up on this forum again. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Out of curiosity , why the racial restrictions on the roles that still need to be filled ?