#RP-PVP Realms, Reconsider One Realm

Yeah we need at least one rp-pvp server

5 Likes

Sign the petition here. Just add the h to the ttps

h ttps://www.change.org/p/blizzard-what-many-are-trying-to-achieve-is-getting-an-rp-pvp-server-when-wow-classic-releases?expired_session=true

3 Likes

I support the existence of an RP-PVP server. I had a blast back on Emerald Dream for my alts in retail vanilla.

3 Likes

ED was awesome. WoW Classic is meant to be played on a RP-PvP server.

3 Likes

You should make a post about that on the wow classic reddit as well

2 Likes

To the damn top!

Will be a crime to not have one RP-PVP server, Blizzard.

2 Likes

There’s one there i think, though another one probably wouldn’t hurt i have no idea how reddit works with its bumps though.

2 Likes

You can post full links by putting them in between ``, so it would be: https://www.change.org/p/blizzard-what-many-are-trying-to-achieve-is-getting-an-rp-pvp-server-when-wow-classic-releases?expired_session=true

(this also may just be an excuse to bump this back to the top =P)

1 Like

Indeed. The </> button is much easier than modifying an address. Right click, go to link, done.

1 Like

I’ve been on Emerald Dream since TBC and I would 100% roll on an RP-PvP server if it’s there on launch.

3 Likes
https://www.change.org/p/blizzard-what-many-are-trying-to-achieve-is-getting-an-rp-pvp-server-when-wow-classic-releases?expired_session=true
2 Likes

I wonder what the rationale is for omitting RP-PvP. I would have to guess the server population would be too small to sustain a thriving community? And since PvE is a common denominator, they just went with an RP-PvE realm because Blizzard thinks that would exclude fewer players?

I’m not a Role Player but a PvP realm seems like it makes more sense from a role play point of view.

I would sign a petition for such a realm but I feel that would give Blizzard a false census of how many would actually play on the realm (which is probably more important). I hope those who want an RP-PvP realm get their wish.

4 Likes

I suspect that it is because over time all of them became low population, except for Emerald Dream. That is where the RP-PVP people ended up concentrating.

If you are a developer and don’t play RP-PVP the data just shows that a bunch of people left those servers or stopped playing. What really happened is over a few expansions they concentrated to where the best RP-PVP experience is at, Emerald Dream.

One of the reasons I am a proponent of one RP-PVP server. Launch more only if absolutely necessary per demand.

3 Likes

I wonder if BLizzard office’s have Pins, they do have Phones i hear. ( OR just give us a blue post. Shameless pump )

4 Likes

Another week, another chance for a blue post. At least we are that much closer to launch.

2 Likes

If you missed the context from the video clip, the polls/support do not take into account who is in what region. For performance and reliability reasons, this is something that will have to be waited on. While I sympathize to a degree about wanting to start day 1 Classic on an RP-PvP server and not have to request/pay for a transfer to one later.

Would a decent compromise be if they announced they would make Classic Transfers FREE but on say a 30/60/90 day CD to prevent abuse, so if and when they add RP-PvP, its a simple task to move to such?

Right now establishing a baseline for Classic seems to be their top priority, what will populations look like 3/6/9 months from release, year later will they still be going strong? These are reasonable concerns for a company to have and rather than continually requesting an RP-PvP server at launch, request a compromise like free transfers and whatnot should population remain consistent.

After all, the RP-PvP community could claim a PvP server in which they will be doing RP-PvP anyways, whether or not the server is labeled as such seems to be more moot. In other MMORPG’s I have played where server type is not defined or even have RP defined servers, its the community of the server that dictates whether or not its RP, not the server designation.

So I ask the RP-PvP community, is it the server label that makes you a RP-PvP community or the community itself?

It’s a server tag. A road sign. Pointing us where to go. Effectively, that’s all we’re asking for.

The community itself of course. Without a tag illustrating where to congregate, we’re left to guess. Everyone. Wouldn’t a tag help with that?
Once established, even with a new server tag, people would be less inclined to transfer, even free. Why? Community. Therefore, not having them at launch, only serves to undermine them.

4 Likes

Still should be some kind of suggestion of compromise, such as if a community settles and Blizz is then open to adding/making an RP-PvP server, the ability to change the populated PvP server to have a RP-PvP tag.

So Compromise is once the road sign is approved allow the community input of where to stick it and follow through, the free transferring was just a potential compromise. I would like to see the RP-PvP community come up with reasonable potential compromises rather than just ask over and over for it when its already been officially stated not at launch, potentially later.

Simply calling out a problem without presenting any reasonable ideas for solutions and compromise is not helping the situation, only becoming repetitive spam.

Why would we not ask for what we want? We are going to be paying monthly to be playing this right? Or is this a free game?

4 Likes

Have you been reading the thread?
…I thought not.
“Calling out a problem and offering reasonable solutions” is practically all we’ve been doing. But I see here, what you’re effectively demanding is a compromise. That’s like warning you of a giant pothole, but then compromising on how to fix your car, after you hit it.
Cuz that makes way more sense.

8 Likes