#RP-PVP Realms, Reconsider One Realm

This is the position I’m in. I don’t want to say this as a threat or to poo-poo, it’s just that I want to go back home, and RPPvP was my home. That was the server all my friends / exguildmates were going to roll on. That was the server type that was my Vanilla experience.

I just want to back home.

Guys, Ion has a twitter, https://twitter.com/watcherdev?lang=en
and there is a Warcraft Devs twitter and some other WoW twitters, but I could’t find any official classic ones.

I tweet at Ion almost every day asking for RPPvP servers, please do the same!

3 Likes

I’m assuming you were Horde on Twisting Nether. Do you remember the guild, Echelon? Or an Alliance guild, Red Sector A?

not personally an rp guy but just posting here to show support for my dawgs

let them go home

5 Likes

I’ll be honest, I rarely paid attention to the guild tags of others.

(( Just bumping this, for weekend, ignore if you don’t enjoy RP)

Hello everyone and welcome to Pintero’s friday night read, today i would like to go over one of my favorite written parts in a book, that is the Tower of Joy Scene in the GRRM Book A Song of Fire and Ice. Clears his throat and dons reading glasses.

"He dreamt an old dream of three knights in white cloaks and a tower long fallen Lyanna in her bed of blood. In the dream his friends rode with him, as they had in life; proud Martyn Cassel, Jory’s father. Faithful Theo Wull ; Ethan glover, who had been Brandon’s squire; Ser Mark Ryswell, soft of speech and gentle of heart; the crannogman, Howland Reed; Lord Dustin on his great red stallion.

Ned had known all their faces as well as he knew his own once, but the years leech at a man’s memories, even those he has vowed never to forget. In the dream they where only shadows, grey wraiths on horses made of mist.

They were seven, facing three. In the dream as it had been in life. Yet these were no ordinary three. They waited before the round tower, the red mountains of Dorne at their backs their white cloaks blowing in the wind. And these were no shadows; their faces burned clear even now.

Sr Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning had a sad smile on his lips. The hilt of the great sword Dawn poked up over his right shoulder. Ser Oswell Whent was on one knee, sharpening his blade with a whet stone. Across his white-enameled helm, a black bat of his house spread its wings. Between them stood fierce old Ser Gerold Hightower, the White Bull Lord Commander of the Kings Guard.

“I looked for you on the Trident,” Ned said to them.
“We were not there,” Ser Gerold answered.
“Woe to the Usurper if we had been,” said Ser Oswell.

“When King’s Landing fell, Ser Jamie slew your king with a golden sword, and i wondered where you were.”

“Far away,” Ser Gerold said “Or Aerys would yet sit the Iron Throne, and our false brother would burn in seven hells.”

“I came down on Storm’s End to lift the seige.” Ned told them, “and the Lords Tyrell and Redwyne dipped their banners, and all their knights bent the knee to pledge us fealty. I was certain you would be among them.”

“Our knees do not bend easily,” Said Ser Arthur Dayne.
“Ser Willem Darry is fled to Dragonstone, with your queen and Prince Viserys. I thought you might had sailed with him.”
“Ser Willem is a good man and true,” said Ser Oswell.
“But not of the Kingsguard.” Ser Gerold pointed out. “The Kingsguard does not flee.”
“Then or now” said Ser Arthur He donned his helm.
“We swore an oath” explained old Ser Gerold.

Ned’s wraith moved up beside him, with shadow swords in hand. They were seven against three.
“And now it begins,” said Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning.

He unsheathed Dawn and held it with both hands. The blade was pale as milk glass, alive with light.
"No,’ Ned said with sadness in his voice. “Now it ends.”

PS: I typed this all out so sorry about spacing and typo’s, also in retro spec i shoulda done a wow book… Guess i’ll dig around for one of those.

6 Likes

Honestly RP-PvP is the only way the experience of the past will be replicated. We have been waiting, we need our grand adventure.

6 Likes

Thanks for the show of support. I want to come back home, too =_=;

Please give us one RPPvP server at launch!!!

7 Likes

I’ll be really disappointed if they don’t give us one at launch. Rerolling after launch isn’t going to happen.

4 Likes

The Tower of Joy is always a good read.

2 Likes

Do you remember a Horde guild called Echelon or an Alliance guild called Red Sector A by chance? You name looks familiar.

Really hoping for this!! Lightinghoof and the ED has been the only servers I’ve known. I support this a 1000 times.

5 Likes

It’s really heartwarming to see most people who want Classic, are wiling to stand up and support those of us who are dedicated to RP and PvP!

7 Likes

I was an orc shaman along with my brother Chawano in Echelon.

Being horrible at the game didn’t stop me form being in the #1 horde guild, lol. They recruited both of us while we were leveling (I think?) in Hinterlands when they were killing a world dragon.

As for Red Sector, yeah I vaguely remember them somehow. I feel like they were a PvP guild, but again, it’s super vague in my mind.

Oh my goodness I remember you! I was a Paladin in Red Sector A. We would always run into you guys during world bosses, battleground, BRM, etc. You guys were our rivals. There was a Tuaren Shaman in your guild name Odon, was my freaking nemesis.

2 Likes

Yup, I feel like Odon was always frustrated with us, but he tried.

Red Sector A…well the fact that I even remembered it tells me I saw you guys multiple times. It’s weird how I can remember, but not the specifics.

What was your paladin’s name? All I remember is maybe a gnome warrior called Comrade or something…and I know Began wasn’t in your guild (I think.)

I would always run into Odon. I hated that guy. However I loved your guild. Whenever we ran into you guys, it always turned into a battle. It was great.

My paladins name was Milesd. I remember Comrade he was always yelling in vent.

RP-PVP Servers FTW!

3 Likes

Your name does seem a bit familiar…never got to hear Comrade yelling in vent. :stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s to hoping Blizzard thinks the same.

4 Likes

SOUND THE ALARMS.
twitter dot com/WatcherDev/status/1109832561704878081
ION DOES NOT WANT TO RELEASE AN RPPVP REALM AT LAUNCH!

Please, go to twitter, tweet to him, tell him we NEED just 1 RPPvP server! It’s so simple! The realm list can still be lean! Just 1 server! Can convert an RPPvE realm! THis isn’t 2004! This is supposed to be a recreation of 1.12, the definitive version of Vanilla WoW, which had RPPvP servers already!!!

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/status/1109832561704878081

To be clear, we have no philosophical opposition to setting up a Classic RP-PvP server. But our priority is making sure servers have long-term healthy populations, so we’ll start with lean realmlists and expand as needed, just as the 2004 launch did.

Hey Ion, they were not held off at beginning of vanilla, they were an OVERSIGHT that was finally rectified. What do you think will happen to the realm that RPPVPers initially roll on at startup when you get around to releasing RPPVP servers? You say you want long term healthy populations, but then design a bomb like this that will outright doom a startup server?

I cannot believe the disconnect that this guy has concerning anything non-raid.

11 Likes

Exactly. You want to hurt long term healthy populations?

Then neglect releasing an entire server type, force guilds and friend groups to be severed and alienated when the new server type is released, not knowing if transfers will be available for their server.

Some people will reroll, some will not, some will quit in frustration, some people won’t subscribe to WoW holding off for a “possible” RPPvP server release…

Absolute lunacy. But the Classic WoW team has been humble and open minded. I trust that they will see the light on this just as they have on so many other things.

But none of those things happened on their own. Loot trading, enough content phases, spell batching, ALL of these came from the community.

We need to make noise on this. Go on Ion’s twitter, tweet at him, keep posting here, don’t give up.

We still have time.

For many of us, RPPvP was home.

We deserve to be able to come back home, too.

6 Likes