[RP-PvP] My demands to the Alliance! Let this be a lesson!

who said anything about imagining, this is real life son

no wit on the streets, look behind you i’m there right now

2 Likes

This. Why care fighting someone if you are never going to see them again? Why bother improving yourself so you can take down a rival or rally friends and faction members to defend a city or town if its some random people you’ll likely never interact with anymore? Why bother if its just some stupid off world zerg guild being chodes?

I miss having healthy rivalries. I miss going on pointless bank robberies with Ephie Prier and Co. in Stormwind just to see how long we could hold out against the Alliance or silly shenanigans in the (ghost)barn or Mage tower, getting steam rolled and hiding out in Ephie’s house.

7 Likes

Yes. Say what you want about Cata but that was the most fun I ever had doing pvp because it was the same faces. WrA had a really nice pvp community on both sides and many of us became friends.

Now I have a hard time caring about random JoeBlow-Tichondrius because who cares? I guess it is what it is but xrealm was the worst thing Blizz could do for any sense of server community.

4 Likes

I absolutely believe that this was at one point a thing, and it makes me really sad that I never saw it. I didn’t bother with PvP at all early on, and by the time I started dabbling in it, it was nothing but a toxic cesspool. Just anonymous nobodies posting gross stuff for shock value in chat, who you’d never see again. I don’t know what would fix it, but I hope eventually they find something.

I am a Gnome. Do not be fooled! For I am a ferocious little battle of evil!

3 Likes

It definitely was. And a big reason behind it was because you only saw people from your realm, and because if you wanted to pvp you would see them a lot, people behaved better because your reputation would follow you.

Making it be restricted to your own realm meant that people were more inclined to not be jackasses, versus now where there’s no sense of accountability. You’ll never see Soandso-moon guard ever again, so for a lot of people there’s no incentive to not be a jerk.

I wish “not being a jerk in general” was enough of a reason, but it doesn’t seem to be anymore for many. When you were part of a community who would hold you accountable, or at least gave some people more of a reason to care because it was THEIR community, it really led to a lot of friendly rivalries and good sportsmanship on both sides.

Yes, there were still some people who were jerks about it back then. But the point is they became KNOWN for being jerks and people stopped wanting to associate with them because of it.

On the flipside, if you were a good sport and a good competitor, you would be recognized for that as well. And I know I had a lot more fun looking across the way and seeing names like Thane and Anyaka and a ton of others, because I knew from experience that this would be a tough fight but also a lot of fun, because there was a mutual respect.

I also know that it was a lot of fun to -earn- that kind of reputation. It makes you proud to be recognized for being a good competitor and a good sport by your peers, on both sides. That doesn’t really happen anymore.

Xrealm took away all that and it is one of the reasons I don’t really pvp anymore.

I imagine it had the same effect on raiding and rp as well. It makes me sad to do dungeons and no one even says hi.

6 Likes

The most fun I’ve ever had PvPing was in the first three-or-so weeks of Ashran, where I could spend hours getting killed by fighting against people I recognized from the forums.

Everyone was against toxicity and antisocial behavior in online gaming until the wrong sort of people (minorities) started also being against toxicity in online gaming, at which point being as unrepentantly toxic as possible became a badge of honor and the last bastion of free speech against Dem Snowflaykez.

4 Likes

Not always, honestly. A lot of the worst harassment and toxicity happened back during those “glory days” by some very well-known and supported players.

Attitudes have changed for the better and their scummy behavior has since come to light and we’re much less tolerant of grotesqueries, but the damage was grim back then.

That said, the days of TB were fun so long as you didn’t get stuck wailing on a Discipline Priest for ten minutes straight.

3 Likes

Nerds on these servers smh

Yeah? What did you need?

Yeah, the raiders are clearly the nerds of WoW: obsessed with numbers and concrete examples of progress. If anything, RPers are more like the theater kids.

2 Likes

PvPers are either pep rally kids, or those guys who took turns punching each other in the junk, because that was a game to them apparently.

Varying by server mostly.

I assumed PvPer were the grungy kids who smoked oregano behind the bleachers and fought each other over Pokemon cards.

1 Like

You had pot-smoking Pokémon trainers at your school?! Man my school was lame.

1 Like

It was a beautiful night in Elwyn forest. The trees swayed as a gentle breeze passed along them. In the outskirts of Elwyn Forest, there was a small hidden camp. Ravenhul sat by a very dim camp fire. He waited eagerly for his scout to return. He paced back and forth with anticipation. Until two tall burley orcs arrived. One was holding a few parchments within his hand.

“By the light. It is about time you imbeciles showed up.”

Ravenhul said, with frustration in his voice.

One of the Orc scouts knelt before him.

“Sire.”

He said as he bowed his head and began to prepare to read the report.

Ravenhul nodded his head.

“Go ahead.” Ravenhul said.

“It appears your demands has not gone unnoticed.” The orc said.

“Apparently there are rumors of a Gnome wanting your reproductive organs, for what purpose we are unsure.”

Ravenhul quirked his eyebrows, clearly this had gotten his attention.

“Also A Kal’dorei rogue may have gotten this news. We are not sure if it is a Kal’dorei Assassin. Or if she is with the SI:7 We will do our best to find out, and will get rid of her. I swear it.”

Ravenhul cleared his throat. A chill ran down the Blood Knight’s spine. He seemed quite unsettled. Memories of his bitter defeat against A assassin named Tyrnathera Stormcaller seemed to surge through his mind. It had been such a long time since she had defeated him and left him for dead. He worried if this particular assassin was none other then Tyrnathera Stormcaller.

The Blood Knight began to sweat profoundly. He narrowly escaped with his life during their last encounter. Tyrnathera would not make the same mistake twice.

“Make sure you find out who this Kal’dorei is. When you do, use much caution. Then report to me AT ONCE!” Ravenhul said, doing everything to mask the fear in his voice with anger.

“What do you suppose we do with this hostage?” The orc asked.

“I will have her interrogated. Ransomed. If the alliance do not pay, we will have her executed or turned over to the horde!”

“Have her taken to a more secure location. Do not fail me! If she escapes then you should do your self a favor and stayed lost with her! NOW BEGONE FROM MY SIGHT!”

Ravenhul shouted.

“At once my liege.” The said, as the mounted their wolves and rode off.

By the next day Ravenhul Thaladrad camp in Elwyn was already gone. He knew he could not stay near Goldshire for long.

1 Like

((Ravenhul! :D))

Another letter would arrive to Stormwind Blue Recluse inn. Another Copy would be found near the Iron Forge Bank.

“DEAR ALLIANCE SCUM

I have taken one of your Daeli members hostage. As we speak this void elf is being tortured relentlessly and interrogated accordingly. Yet it is still within your means to for this Void Elf to live. I Ravenhul Thaladrad demand twenty-thousand gold pieces for her safe return. If you do not. The consequences will be dire! You have been warned!

My best regards
Ravenhul Thaladrad”

1 Like

Ravenhul! These Alliance must be dealt with!

1 Like

Sheane holds the copy of the letter in both hands and reads it with a look of skepticalness. When she gets to the bottom, she has trouble containing her laughter.

“Wow, this guy must be new to ransom! No proof of anyone taken. No time limit on the demand. And best of all, no directions for what anyone is supposed to do with his twenty thousand gold.” She rolls her eyes, “We s’posed to what…put it out at the front gate in a nap sack? Or maybe sink it in a chest in the harbor. Oh…I know! We’ll take it to Orgrimmar and walk through the streets, offering it around to whomever says they’re the kidnapper.”

Scheane lets the letter fall to the ground and walks away, “By failing to plan, he’s planning to fail…”

1 Like

Oh sh***, **oh ***!

It was hard to believe that lost dumb*** of an elf Ravenhul had truly taken her hostage. The wraps around her wrists and ankles were to painful to ignore. Sad too, because the rogue scoundrel hadn’t seem to mean when they had talked. The apparent void elf tried to look around when she once again came back to consciousness. It was agony to try and see anything.

The pacifist Daeli was in one crazy predicament! If she wasn’t currently confined, experiencing the worst fear she ever possibly could have, Dae would likely be laughing at the entire absurdity in the current situation! The fool Daeli was, had been giving him cookies and a gift to help Rav find peace and harmony and in return she ended up becoming what felt like a useless sack of grains to be carted off to who knew where. Dae had no idea where the orcs and herself were; horde or alliance territory. It didn’t seem to mater much.

The threat of torture had been true. New scars may one day join old ones, if she happened to live through this long enough for the wounds to even heal. Had it been days or weeks since this all started? She didn’t know. How she lived skipping from one thing to another and her lack of regular habits meant it would likely be months before anyone even noticed her missing.

At first, the only thing she had told Rav was how foolish of a choice this was for she knew nothing of importance to the Alliance and she was there only to help at a local orphanage. She had also said, her father would likely pay the gold for the dumb*** to keep her because she was an annoying headache. Countless times Dae had said he wasn’t going to get money for her from the Alliance, for sure, as she was only over there as a pacifist to help with the orphans and was assisting in a church’s kitchen to help those who needed it. She was no one of value!

The last time, Dae said nothing until they were done with her.

Dae had just been a blood elf in disguise as a void elf with aid of a little charm that she still possessed. An orc had taken her bracelet and other possessions, but the earring gift from the worgen mage Rhae was still secured in Dae’s ear. That tiny piece of jewelry didn’t do much but change her green eyes to a blue-ish color, blonde hair to a purple, and the natural tan to a more suitable color to blend in while in Stormwind. Quite a few demon hunters or others who were skilled to look past illusions saw her for what she was, but when that had happened, the elf had been with the priest who had all documents for her safe passage to be in the church helping people.

That little secret about her true race was one she couldn’t tell Rav. After all, he and the others had assured her, if they didn’t do this to her they would be doing it to someone else. Her pledge as a pacifist meant she would do nothing that would result in the death of someone else. Her skipping out on this pain, for someone else to endure was just not something Dae could do. Even if at times, she really wanted to give up. Instead she cried and hoped that if that elf ever returned, he’d let her go or some strange miracle would happen to give her freedom again.

2 Likes