🎑 [RP Event] Lunar Festival 2019 (Complete)

We appreciate the enthusiasm people have for the effects of the faction war on this event. :slight_smile:

Our Lunar Festival is intended as a light-hearted and fun celebration of the annual holiday. Seeing as Moonglade is a faction-neutral location controlled by the Cenarion Circle, we trust our attendees to conduct themselves appropriately in-character based on this. If, for example, your character is a bloodthirsty warrior that would kill a night elf on sight, perhaps this event is not for them.

We understand that many characters have involved themselves in the war in some way, which is fine. All of the hosts have, in fact! We do not mind a little tension here and there, as it being completely absent would be somewhat unrealistic. However, in the spirit of the festival, we would like to set aside most of that animosity for an evening, and to enjoy the magic of the Elixir of Tongues in a suitable setting.

Ultimately, we hope everyone has a good time! :izakaya_lantern:

5 Likes

This is a good question, Cenco. Shaureyne explains it pretty aptly. To quote the original post:

It’s important to keep in mind the true hosts of this event in-character are the members of the Cenarion Circle and the people of Nighthaven, not the Alliance.

To clarify, the people of Nighthaven specifically are the ones who host this. The neutral city of Nighthaven has a diverse population comprised of:

• Cenarius’s Children
  • Night Elves
  • Tauren
  • Jungle Trolls
  • Humans
5 Likes

I’m sure Horde and Alliance characters will enjoy trying to outwit and best each other in Moonball. I for one plan to eat all of the dumplings.

3 Likes

:fortune_cookie: Fortune cookies are baking! :fortune_cookie:

Looking forward to celebrating the Lunar Festival with everyone in Moonglade!

2 Likes

I look forward to attending this! And Karanga’s gonna try to drag as much of her family as she can to it. XD

3 Likes

:red_gift_envelope: Gotten your lucky envelopes yet? :red_gift_envelope:

2 Likes

Still looking forward to this!

2 Likes

Ooh hey! Managed to finish my character art for the event early and have enough time to squeeze in a commissioned piece before the event!

In full color, it might look something like: |https://bit.ly/2GfG21H

Anyone interested should see my Commissions page |http://crystalrequiem.tumblr.com/commissions
or shoot me an email at CRCommissions@gmail.com

(Just cut and paste the links without the “|” in front; forum won’t let me add more convenient links!)

*Edit: 2/8/2019
Sadly, it’s too late to get your commission finished before tomorrow unless you ask for a sketch commission. However I’m still happy to accept Lunar New Year themed requests after the Festival!

2 Likes

@Artemissa Still looking forward to RPing with you!

@Mavrardrana Beautiful art! Looking forward to seeing you at the festival!

2 Likes

This wonderful event is tomorrow night! The hosts are hard at work preparing all our fortune cookies, games and theatrics to ensure our attendees are well entertained and have a fantastic time! We’re looking forward to seeing everyone there! :izakaya_lantern: :dragon: :fireworks:

3 Likes

Just saying hi, and bumping this up! :slight_smile:
(Will be there on an alt.)

2 Likes

Hey everyone! A quick addition! We forgot to post our Event Map here on the forums - terribly sorry about that! It’s quite finicky to get that sort of thing working around here.

Visit the link below and you’ll know all the proper locations for our activities! If you’re still unsure, check out our Lunar Festival video made by Feyawen at the top of the original post - she made sure to film each activity at its specific spot. :grin:

tinyurl.com/LFMap2019
3 Likes

:dumpling: TONIGHT :dumpling:

All your dumplings are belong to me

3 Likes

PRIZES SNEAK PEAK

Consolation prizes will also be awarded to all event participants!
The list below contains only a fraction of the prizes we will be awarding.

:izakaya_lantern: :crown: :trophy: :crown: :izakaya_lantern:

Toys

Battle Pets

Mounts

2 Likes

Thank ya’ll for such a wonderful event! I had a great time, and so did Karanga here. Been a while since she was so joyous and happy. :smiley:

5 Likes

This event was so much fun! Best time I’ve had at a large server event in a long time. The people playing in the trivia contest were crazy! I’m lookin’ at you, Za’tiya! :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

wipes brow

On behalf of the event hosts, thank you to EVERYONE that came out tonight! We are so glad and grateful that y’all had such a good time, we put in a ton of work to make this happen and it was twice as special to have Horde attendees this time! We’ve learned a lot that we can apply to next year’s event, including how to make cross-faction transactions a little smoother. :purple_heart:

Congratulations to all of our activity winners, and please have a fantastic 2019!! :izakaya_lantern:

11 Likes

Last night, many members of WRA and beyond turned out to enjoy a much needed celebratory cross-faction Lunar Festival. The goal was to promote open world RP between the factions, celebrate the holiday theme and encourage folks to engage others and make new friends. The event was a great success, and we hope all participants enjoyed it as much as we did.

Congratulations to all of the victors of the games! May you wear your titles proudly over the course of the next year! And a special thanks to the caterers of the Kegfist Brewery for their delicious and festive cuisine. We hope to see you all again next year!

If you liked this event and you’d like to engage in more cross-faction RP check out the upcoming Winterblossom Festival hosted by the Jadepaw Dynasty and the Pandaren RP community here on WRA.

6 Likes

It was a wonderful event and my friends and I had a great time!

I’m #2! I’m #2! :v:

4 Likes

This event was so creative, fun, and well-organized! Thank you for all your hard work hosting it! I gotta brush up on my lore quickdraw so I can give Za’tiya and Irothel a run for their money next year :wink:

2 Likes