<The Sunreavers> (4 years old) are recruiting!

Greetings Wyrmrest!

Having just turned 4 years old(!), The Sunreavers guild is more active than ever before. These are indeed exciting times, and we are open to the right people joining us at any time.

Who we are
The Sunreavers are a blood elf only faction, followers of the Archmage Aethas Sunreaver, he who bridges the gap between the Sin’dorei of Quel’Thalas and the magically inclined Kirin Tor of the City State of Dalaran.

What we believe
We are blood elves who believe the best chance for lasting prosperity and peace for the sin’dorei is to forge and maintain a strong alliance with the Kirin Tor of Dalaran. We are loyal to Quel’thalas first, the Kirin Tor second, and the Horde third.

Our roleplay
We typically have one major event per week. This major event lasts around two hours, and usually continues our ongoing storyline. Event types may be investigations, combat or other.
We will often have other mini-events. These typically last around one hour and can be training exercises, social events or briefings.

_RP events typically start at 5pm server-time, and usually happen on Thursday, Friday or Saturday nights, with filler events happening on some other nights. We also RP on discord for those in-between times.

Our latest storyline, “Into Madness” has just concluded. Our storyline summary thread can be found here: [RP: Storyline] "Into Madness" (The Sunreavers) - #7 by Axiann-wyrmrest-accord

Who we recruit
The Sunreavers tend to recruit arcane spellcrafters, wielders of the Light or those trained in combat with handheld weapons: Mages, Priests, Paladins, Monks, Warriors, Rangers/Hunters, Rogues all make up our ranks. Due to our affiliation with the Kirin Tor, as a general rule, we accept no fel-users or shadow-users, as these are seen as forbidden magical arts and not to be trifled with.

Our guild structure
New recruits begin as **initiates**. OOCly, they are invited to our Discord channel and are offered a link to our Guide document, so that they may see what the criteria are for advancement. ICly, they are invited to all meetings and missions, and should choose to participate in-game. On discord, they are encouraged to explore their introduction to the order with rp-posts detailing their integration with training, studying and daily chores. After a time they will earn the trust and respect of others and be offered a promotion, and their very own [Sunreaver Tabard] (which they must go out and earn, if not done so already).

Full members are promoted to the rank of either **Sunreaver Guardian, Sunreaver Sentinel or Sunreaver Scout,** depending on the character’s skill and class. Members of these ranks are allowed to post events on the guild calendar, and plan and lead mini-events. They may also invite new recruits into the order, knowing these new recruit will need to meet with an officer to conclude an IC interview.

Officers, such as Sunreaver Dawnkeepers, Sunreaver Commanders or Sunreaver Captains (this may change) ensure the peaceful and efficient operation of the many members as a cohesive unit. They lead, together via consensus, in the Magister’s absence, and can be sought out for counsel on a variety of issues. They are seasoned and experienced.

The Dalaran unit is lead by Magister Axiann Sungazer (GM), who reports directly to the Archmage.

How to enlist
Characters interested in enlisting should seek out Magister Axiann Sungazer ( Axiann#5749 on Discord) for an OOC conversation and IC interview. They may also try to reach out to Alival, Sylas or Kaeril (officers) in game.

4 Likes

I am a big fan of this! Joined only a little while ago but I’m definitely enjoying my time here; awesome group of folks to work with!

2 Likes

Bumping for visibility! We’re more or less in the beginning stages of the new storyline still, and it’d be a prime time to join up!

2 Likes

The Sunreavers is a great group!

1 Like

Hey peeps, I’m actually very interested in joining, sounds right up my alley!

I play a Sin’dorei Demon Hunter that has a long backstory and used to be a Spellbreaker of Quel’thalas. I had tried/am in the process of trying to join The Sunreavers; alas, you don’t look too keenly on ‘Fel or Shadow’ users and I’m not sure what’s going to become of it. That said - I’ve been in touch with Axiann and look forward to RP’ing together in the near future. (I would also undergo the task of getting Exalted with The Sunreavers faction in-game as well.)

I’d love to do an interview of some sort even if it turns out I’m not a good fit for the guild; let you lot get to know my character - message me in-game anytime! ‘Khellendros’. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Khellendros, your enthusiasm for joining the Sunreavers is appreciated! My own personal concerns (and I’m just an initiate so this is no way shape or form speaking on behalf of the guild - only to sate my own curiosity), is Khellendros aligned with Lord Illidan still? That would probably pose a conflict of interest with the Sunreavers. The concept of being a former Spellbreaker is very cool, I like that a lot. Feel free to add me in game, I also have a fairly long backstory and would be interested in getting to learn more about Khellendros!

1 Like

Even if it’s not an official interview, a bunch of us are usually around for RP, and I’d be totally on board to poke around at Khell.

My guy here, Archaeas, was one of the Sunfury spell-bows, and he’s familiar with a good bunch of the demon hunters from the Outlands as well; would be awesome to get to meet you in game!

2 Likes

I’d say that, as Illidari, Khellendros will forever be aligned with Lord Illidan Stormrage. It is only with the help of the Kirin Tor, Archmage Khadgar, and the rest of the Council of Six, that the Illidari, Kal’dorei and Sin’dorei both, were allowed to be welcomed back into both the Alliance and the Horde - All with the driving purpose that The Burning Legion comes to it’s end.

Together, in spite of all differences, we achieved Lord Illidan’s vision and he is the ‘Warden’ of Sargaras. That bright burning star in the sky? We should look to it and feel relieved that Lord Illidan has the big guy under lock.

Currently, Khellendros has been staying out of the conflict of the ‘BfA’, as his duty to Lord Illidan and all other Illidari, I’d assume, is to ‘Protect Azeroth’. Yes, we’ve won the battle against Sargaras - but his blade has wounded Azeroth to the point of escalating full scale war and that is certainly something for the Illidari to investigate - especially a former Spellbreaker. This is why Khellendros personally seeks to remain in the good graces of the Kirin Tor and mages of Dalaran - (heck, Sylvanas is raising Kal’dorei Wardens; not something Khell is exactly pleased about since allying with said Wardens who once jailed him. Azshara is coming - and I’m pretty sure Lord Illidan, if he were here, would order the Illidari to bring him her head. Anyone who has even touched the smallest spark of magic in Azeroth should be pissed off at Queen Azshara - Kal’dorei, Quel’dorei, Sin’dorei especially.)

1 Like

Oh yeah? Sunfury was stationed in Netherstorm weren’t they - does that mean you were under Kale’thas’ command? (Khell feels just as betrayed by Kale’thas siding with Kil’jaden as Grand Magister Rommath did, lol.)

I’d say during BC - A bit before the battle of Tempest Keep, Khellendros was stationed at Eclipse Point in Shadowmoon Valley before being transferred to the Black Temple to start his Illidari training.

I’m very intrigued by your character as well! Archaeas sounds like he’d be fun to discuss Leyline Theory with; share war stories! Smirk-wink

1 Like

I think I’ve probably had the intention to approach The Sunreavers a dozen times in the past, and never quite got there. I’ve read your current storyline post, it sounds super intriguing! Very tempted to join up with you guys.

3 Likes

Naerwyn, was nice chatting with you tonight (this morning?). Looking forward to meeting you icly soon!

1 Like

He was Sunfury in the Outlands for a long while, but wasn’t at the Tempest Keep, and ended up being deployed back to Quel’danas; he’s the sort who didn’t really weigh in on politics, but believed that his leaders had the best interest of the Thalassian people in mind, even if he didn’t necessarily agree with the methods.

1 Like

I feel like there’s this point in time when Grand Magister Rommath returned to Quel’thalas from Outland, looked at all the Fel Crystals in the city, turned to Lor’themar Theron and Brightwing and was like, “****.”

It also seems like, to me, once Archaeas returned from Outland to Quel’danas; more than likely looked at the place and had his, “****.” moment.

Likewise, Khell, after learning the truth about Kale’thas’ betrayal though ‘The Scryers’; then had his own internal, “**** **** ****** **** ****…” moment and left Silvermoon to Shadowmoon Valley. - Very similar experiences; still looking forward to RP’ing them out!

That said, how’s everyone doing? Thread seemed a bit deceased after the ‘scary DH poked his horned head in’ ~ Gotta check up on all you 'casters. :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah, guild master (me) is QUITE busy irl at the moment… but things are still happening in game!

Ps, @Khellendros, msg me on Discord: Axiann#5749

1 Like

Asunasari was of House Sunstrider, though renounced since learning of the betrayal. Though I was surprised to hear from recent rp that some still honor him for what he did prior to the betrayal. I’m not sure I agree with it, but it makes for some interesting conflict of opinion.

Well that’s good to hear! Hope you don’t mind - but since we last chatted I met a few other ‘Sunreavers’ on your recruitment forum post! Got to know them - they got to know me; was nice. Looking forward to more In-game interaction, truth be told - I had already sent you an elaborate introduction even before whispering you, through in-game mail.

(Ps, @Axiann, added you - hope to hear from you soon.)

I’ll be in touch soon! Tomorrow probably… in-game mail is fine, but this will be better, and I have an idea I wanna run by you.

1 Like

Especially with your character being a Monk and I a member of the Illidari; I agree - it will make for fantastic conflict for roleplay!

Personally, in my opinion, everything was fine up to the point where Prince Kale’thas betrayed Lord Illidan, made the pact with Kil’jaeden to bring him through the remnants of the Sunwell and turned our people into sworn Fel-Blood Elves to serve him…

1 Like

Im not seeing your friend request on Discord…

It’s there now, you just gotta believe~ :slight_smile:

( I may have thought it was your Battlenet tag last night. facepalm Lol. )

1 Like