Rough M+ Affixes for Disc--Grievous + Spiteful

Grievous is bad enough to heal this week as disc, but kick in Spiteful, and how it keeps you from drinking?! Yeah, and melee take a lot of damage to boot.

Not sure what other disc priest mains are doing this week, but if you don’t have Flash Concentration for your holy spec, what are you doing? Why should you have to sit out the week?

In my case, on a couple alt priests, the mana issue is really problematic with melee that get hit a lot. Maybe all you can do is pack a lot of mana pots and drink every chance you get. Not that drinking is always a great idea. If you stop to drink too long? Most tanks start their pull when you are nowhere near full mana and start getting stacks. Most dps don’t even seem aware they even have stacks. You stop to drink and they stand there with their health ticking down. They can eat if they have less than three stacks and it will get them to full, but do people do that? Nope. In my first three runs of the week none have done that. I let a couple die because they ran off with stacks and I was not chasing them–but having said in chat with a macro I was drinking. Sigh.

Also, you are probably gonna have rage quitters this week doing their thing more than usual. Tanks seem to expect high output heals with no mana breaks. Atonement just doesn’t do it.

Bad bosses this week: Third boss at SD for sure. Last boss at PF for sure. First and last bosses at DOS, all depending. Third boss at NW if mistakes are made. Last boss at HOA all depending. Second and last bosses at SOA.

Rough trash? HOA shards. NW trash on the platform before second boss–so much of it without breaks. DOA before third boss–get ready for a ton of Spiteful mobs.

I just go back and do low level mythics to heal for some random ppl.

I like to use my greatness and help those in need.

1 Like

Low level huh? Yeah, if you can use the valor, great! I have healed four M+ so far today. Gonna try for 8.

It’s not any better for me as holy. I’m only doing 12-13s but it’s still rough. Not fun to be honest and I really enjoy healing.

Load up on the Iridescent Ravioli with Apple Sauce is all I have come up with to help. :open_mouth: That and run Twist of Fate for sure, Enlightenment for holy for sure. The Sinvyr Tea Set toy is also not bad.

Im maxed in valor. I just do it to help.

Same reason I like healing, generally speaking. Most prefer dps, I think. Most don’t want the responsibility. Bring it on, I say. :smiley:

I just don’t have it in me to care about people dying this week. Did a 15 sanguine and melee would stand in AoE’s and then die instantly to grievous.

I’m hoping when people die enough to mechanics, they’ll eventually try to be more careful. They care so much about those DPs meters and nothing hurts dps more than being dead

I can’t find any good players for keys, I only have around a 1550 IO myself but everyone that applied is like around 1000 trying to get KSM. Seems like everyone gets KSM and then stops playing.

No mages around either. At the start of the expansion I could find tons of mages. But now the LFG is just filled with the same old hunters, paladins, and druids

DPS have been conditioned to forget about standing in fire and mechanics. I watch Damage Taken every run and pride myself on having taken the lowest if I nail it. And nobody ever says a word or even knows. DPS don’t track that. Their buddies are all patting them on the back for their damage, and even say so in chat and if you are in voice–oh man, it turns my stomach. If you have healed higher than 15s though, you know that the best players avoid a ton of damage, offheal, use defensives, and use health pots etc. They even eat when you do! The question is: Where are all these guys?!

They all stop playing. I swear the LFG is just a bunch of bads trying to get KSM now. I actually love healing but I hate healing a bunch of turds

I had one group that was so bad I told them they didn’t deserve to time their key. Just truly awful. Bad DPS, bad at mechanics, and bad awareness. Had to scream at them just to get basic things like a lust or using a covenant ability and they still don’t do it

Yeah, I feel you. Sometimes I feel the same way, all depending. But a lot of times, if I can heal a group really really bad at mechanics and we time or even just finish?? I feel good about it because of having met the challenge. It’s the same when I raid lead and don’t boot anyone. In fact, when listing to lead a group, I have often stated, “No Boot Group.” I mean, it is just a game. Meeting the challenge is half the fun. The world has enough impatient people, I think.

Why? You’re just rewarding them for being bad. I had the most interrupts one time in a group of melee, and I was playing shadow. Our poor healer with all those casts going off

I don’t agree. If they are drunk or whatever, and capable of better, that is a different story. Most fail because they simply need to learn. As for the ones who have been conditioned by their buddies to care nothing about standing in fire, that is different.

That is not to say I don’t get frustrated. But people who are impatient get me tilted.

I mean, don’t get me wrong. A friend of mine is always complaining about how most of his M+ are fail groups, with someone bailing more often than not. And the dude asked me to heal one of his keys. Well, I did. And guess what? He got two interrupts the whole run, and made my job twice as hard as it ought to have been. But he’s immature. After the run he literally messaged me incredibly proud of his damage. But I hit him with every one of my PIs the whole run. What could I say? I simply said, “Great run, and I’m really happy for you.” A little later I mentioned how the interrupts were really bad. He did not say a word after that, and has not messaged me for two weeks now. He used to message me every day.

Well agree to disagree. I don’t think a lot of people put forth effort to get better unless they get harsh criticism or feedback. If they’re making a bunch of mistakes and you’re just hustling to keep them alive, they just will never learn what they’re doing is wrong.

It’s like when you’re in sanguine depths and one of the melee get hit by severing strike. You could pump shadowmends into them and barely keep them alive, or you flame them in chat. Maybe next time they won’t get hit by severing strike. I had a group of people I ran keys with earlier in the season, and we always gave each other harsh feedback.

It is easier on discord because you can be more constructive than in game chat.

I mean, don’t get me wrong. A friend of mine is always complaining about how most of his M+ are fail groups, with someone bailing more often than not. And the dude asked me to heal one of his keys. Well, I did. And guess what? He got two interrupts the whole run, and made my job twice as hard as it ought to have been. But he’s immature. After the run he literally messaged me incredibly proud of his damage. But I hit him with every one of my PIs the whole run. What could I say? I simply said, “Great run, and I’m really happy for you.” A little later I mentioned how the interrupts were really bad (not his though). He did not say a word after that, and has not messaged me for two weeks now. He used to message me every day.

Did a run with a fire mage in a +15 or + 16 DoS. I was so desperate for a mage we grabbed some 1100 IO or 1200 IO mage.

First pull, we popped lust and did the whole room below the stairs. I gave the fire mage PI and everything during his combust. Dude barely pulled 2k DPS on that pull. I think at the end of the dungeon he was below 2k DPS.

I don’t remember if we timed it or not, but he’s a complete disgrace. He never got PI the rest of the dungeon

You see the same thing all the time. I literally heal in the 20-30 range of runs every week, and have healed thousands upon thousands of dungeons since vanilla. Loads of people play Wow for fun and play poorly. I mean if the game is a source of frustration for people are they gonna try to improve or just bail–and because you said or did something that added to their frustration? I dunno. You also have to take into account other things as well, I think. Like the law of small numbers. That law says that observing something in a limited trial period tells you very little. For example–you might see a guy score five goals in one hockey game. But does that tell you anything? No. The next game the same guy might score zero–and might in fact even give away five. And what about over a whole season? Do the total goals mean much? Maybe, but the next season might actually see him double his goals, or even triple them… What I mean is, the person could be having a bad day, a bad week, a bad month or even bad year. And also, people grow. They improve. Some do at a fast rate and top out at a low level. Others take longer but have a higher ceiling–you know? Regardless, in my case I’d rather be part of a group that improved, and did so because I made a difference in their growth. That’s the kind of thing I like most.

you only real issue on this week is pride for grievous. Nothing else is a huge issue. I personally take shadow cov for the 20% Smend buff, use rapture on prides and since kyrian now seems to be the go to in 9.1, this week is a good week to test it out. Also consider making sure you have PI up for pride if you can.

Its not an insurmountable week, just not a nice one

I just want to time my key and min/max my run. I can’t do damage as a healer and play the game how I want to if people are being clowns. Sucks on grievous weeks because there isn’t a lot of freedom for healers other than spamming heals and trying to get drinks as much as possible, bunch of DPS that don’t know what they’re doing usually bragging about mediocre damage numbers. I see prot warriors pulling 4K DPS bud.

Going to need some rest if I’m going to heal any more mythic+ tomorrow. Or hope I find some decent IO players.

Good luck out there!

1 Like