Rook A Good Pet?

I picked up Rook and was happy to find this pet in game because I have a Boxer named Rook and I thought that was a cool coincidence.

I went ahead and leveled him to 25, but I must ask those here that know a lot more about pet battles than I do, is it even a useful pet?

It’s hard for me, personally, to give a good analysis of a pet until I’ve tried to use it.

However, based on its stats and abilities it looks like I’d use it one of two ways:

1. Dark Fate when the opponent is using a big Undead attack I know I’ll survive, then Haunt if I can manage.

2. Ironskin > Cleave if there’s Humanoids on the other team, or Punish > Haunt

The only thing that stands out is Rook is only one of two Humanoid pets with Haunt. Gillvanas is the other one, but I think it’s still faction-restricted (?) and is a Blizzcon promo pet, so it won’t be as available to the playerbase as Rook–though she does have a much better power stat for the ability than Rook.

All that being said, Rook won’t be a big utility pet like Ikky or the Unborn Val’kyr; it’s likely you’d only use it in a very particular situation.

1 Like