Rolled a shaman for ele/enhance was it a mistake?

So I love shaman, I remember playing vanilla enhance and having a blast. I just hit 60 and so far it’s been a real bummer because even regular dungeons will hardly take me as ele or if I am enhancement. Raids want me as resto etc… I knew it would likely happen but I figured I could find one nice guild that would bring me along. I want to mainly pvp but I really want to experience the raids and get some cool gear as well. Should I just re-roll? I could go resto for raids I guess but the respec fee’s would pile up so fast!

1 Like

pve is resto
pvp you can do anything esle

1 Like

find a guild who will take you for you. it will be hard if you only talk to min/maxxers however.

can come and roll on Mankirk with me, I intend to try out/accept alternatively specced hybrids on a case by case basis. the player being more important than the raw spec

For MC/Ony and anything underneath you’re fine for what you want to do. It’s easy enough to get blown up.

We don’t know how new raid content will feel and how strict people will be with it.

2 Likes

In vanilla the only way I could get gear was by being resto or at the least the ele/resto spec.

At the same time raid gear and sets are really only good for resto and alittle ele. In terms of enhancement there’s not a lot for us in pve. We’re competing for what little enhancement gear exists in phase one against hunters basically.

If you can find a guild that’ll take a main spec enhance go for it! All the power to you. It won’t be easy though.

I’d go ele/resto until the pvp system launches. Earthfury 5 set bonus is great for healing for a long time.

Resto/ele are your best specs by far. enhance is a mess at best.

1 Like

Waiting for WF procs and attacks with 2h weapons in PVP just feels weird.

You’re like some awkward guy just standing there.

I feel like the enemy is going to ask me: can I help you with something?

2 Likes

I mean, usually they just kill you lol.

Ele is the main PVP spec for shamans. Resto is second best. Enhancement is for gimmick and leveling.

2 Likes

Our shamen back in 04-06 went resto…for all the raids…geared up and when bgs came out they tgey re-epeced for bgs to eles. Why cant you respec to resto to gear up and level up and then play what ever you want after you hot 60

Ignore the people who complain about it.

Start your own groups, and wait for more people to hit 60. We’re still seeing mostly only super hardcore players at level 60, and due to demographic artifacts, this makes it more difficult for you to get groups right now than it will be later.

Just find a guild that will take you. Stuff dies fast enough that you dont need min/max til AQ or NAXX i think.

Form your own groups. Don’t let stupid people put stop signs in your way.

In Raids, yes
In PvP / Solo / 5 man Dungeons, play whatever you want

In raids ele isn’t viable because they will go oom midway through a boss fight, however, in 5/10 man dungeons elemental is actually insanely good

What sucks is that people have a stigma that dps shamans aren’t viable period because they hear people say it all the time in relation to raids and they don’t really understand the reason WHY they aren’t viable, its not that they cant dish out damage, its that they cant dish out damage long enough for a 5 minute raid boss

In pretty much every group ive been in since 50+ i am top damage on pretty much every fight that isn’t a large AoE pull, i just have to drink after every pull or 2. Its funny cuz people are very often surprised by how much damage i do compared to these bis mages, rogues, and warriors

I know down ranking spells isn’t ideal but couldn’t you down rank lightning bolt in long raid boss fights to keep mana up and still do damage?

Yes but at that point u are just a worse mage

if you raid resto.i solo as enhancement.

What’s up with your avatar? Is that how they show up if you logged out while dead?

in raids, enchance is more viable then ele if I remember right (of course my memory of when enchance shammys REALLY got OP is off a bit). Ele can still work however, and with how much better everyone is, and how we can take lower levels and less ppl into raids these days, I dont see why they cannot take off meta classes now, if this is so easy that should be no problem anymore.

still it does not matter in the end, play what you want, but those specs will have more success in pvp normally.

“It is possible to clear raid content as ele/enh” is very different from “you will find a successful raid guild that will take an ele/enh shaman over something else”.