Role unavailable in specific dungeons cue

And I apologize. Look like my original post went up as an alt. I changed it back to my main.

Have you tried a full UI reset? To do that, delete or rename the cache, WTF and interface folders and launch the game in default settings. Try queueing up then, if you can, then it’s likely an addon or a UI bug interfering.

I will give that a try. Thanks!

Please let us know if the issue is resolved with a UI reset, Bibber. If not we’ll want to see if something else is happening or there is a bug.

1 Like

Unfortunately it did not work. No addons loaded. Followed directions to reset UI. Still cannot que for specific dungeons as a healer. Tried to que while in a healer role. Nothing worked. It does still let me que for random dungeons. My ilvl is 88. It has been awhile but I believe I have completed the healing trials in Pandaland.

Did not have this problem prior to the prepatch.

Just to confirm, you did a full UI reset, returning the UI to default settings by deleting or renaming the WTF, Interface and Cache folders?

I assume this is on all of the BFA dungeons not just a specific one?

If the above is true, I’d like to test it myself if you could switch to a different character for a few minutes. Just let me know.

Edit: It looks like we have a few reports of this now and it is being looked into.

4 Likes

I did a full UI reset. It is on all BFA dungeons. I will switch to a different character.

You don’t need to, Bibber. I edited my last post. It looks like it is an issue that we have other reports on and it is being looked into.

4 Likes

Ok. I noticed it first right after the prepatch. Gave it a little time before posting though. Thank you!

oh, okay cool! Thanks V!

1 Like

Hey, just throwing it out there that I have 2 different friends who have run into this issue. One was queuing for specifically Mechagon Workshop (ilvl 118 Warrior, has tanked and DPS’d this content just fine before the prepatch), the other was queueing for the level 7-10 dungeon at the end of the new intro zone and could only queue as DPS despite being a Paladin. Not sure if that was the same issue or if it’s an intentional limitation due to it being a tutorial-esque dungeon.

The issue resolved on its own for the Warrior, FWIW, but they don’t know what changed that would have caused that.

This is not consistent across toons or servers - ilevel 102 druid and paladin can not que as tank or healer, ilevel 80 priest can not que as healer but my ilevel 83 monk has no restrictions and can que for what they like - on Thunderhorn server- Alliance side. ilevel 82 demon hunter can que as tank but my ilevel 82 DK can not. Both are tank speck. On Zangarmarsh Horde side I have not gone through all my toons but my 102 DK can que as tank and and ilevel 83 druid that can ques as tank or heals and have not seen anyone restricted at this time. On Velen - alliance side I have an ilevel 83 druid that has no restrictions and can que for heals or tank.

Update: Copied my ilevel 102 Thunderhorn druid to the beta and he still can not que as tank or healer.

I don’t think so. As a Paladin or Druid, for example, I can queue as any or all of the three roles, regardless of the role I am currently specced. (As a Rogue, you may not have encountered that situation :wink:)

1 Like

I am still having this problem today (saw it day of the patch, logged out and didn’t try again until now) so I assume it hasn’t yet been resolved?

I was in Guardian spec, trying to queue for the MOTHERLODE, but it applies to every specific dungeon I click.

I’ll just queue as dps and go afk for awhile then I guess :smiley: We’ll see if it’s fixed by the time I want to really do something while leveling once the xpac arrives.

My best guess is that it was somehow requiring you to queue as dps and successfully complete it before allowing you to queue as healer or tank to prevent totally clueless people (don’t know the dungeon) in those roles which would make a kind of sense. But you’d think that change would have been advertised if it was a thing.

Edit: Nope, even after completing it as dps, still can’t queue as tank. I guess I’ll be dps for a while until this gets fixed! :slight_smile:

I now have 2 characters that can’t queue for specific dungeons at all since they can only be dps (a hunter and a warlock.) I am trying to unlock allied races for alliance but I can’t select the specific dungeons that I need for the quests/achievements.

Edit: I found a minor work around for now, I have to have another player with me and they have to initiate the queue.

Alas, that only works if they aren’t experiencing it as well. I encountered this issue a couple of days ago when I was trying to specific queue for some dungeons to finish my Tools of the Trade on one of my alt hunters. The only role I had available, dps, said I wasn’t eligible. I passed lead to my husband on his paladin. Both his tank and his healer specs were labeled as not eligible. We ended up having to just run in and do them ourselves, which was not pleasant with as undergeared (75ish) as that particular alt of mine is (thankfully after a bit, I managed to recruit one of our guildies to come on his main).

Same here with me. PrePatch my ilevel was 160+. Now it’s 114. Fine with me in prot queuing up as dps but when I select a dungeon there is a triangle over both roles that says “Role unavailable for some dungeons. This role is not qualified for one or more of the selected dungeons. For those dungeons, you will be queued only for your qualified role.” And out of 2 tickets over 4 days I’ve gotten one stating they wouldn’t help me with achievements or quests and one stating this problem seems to have popped up after the update. If they just need to reset our toons and fix it then they should do it. Not like there’s 50 thousand of us with the problem cause I’m the only one in my guild with the problem.

Unable to queue for any role on my Monk, all 3 roles are locked with the message of “Role Unavailable.” Level 50, item level 95 post-squish.

Only seems to happen when attempting to queue for specific dungeons.

Is there no fix for this?

A fix is still being tested to make sure it doesn’t have any negative side effects when released. Hopefully we’ll have more to share soon. You can also keep an eye on the official hotfix blog for updates:

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/world-of-warcraft/23551550/hotfixes-october-23-2020

2 Likes

Still not fixed. Issue has been out there for, what, two weeks now?