Rogues over nerfed

I don’t really mind the damage nerfs so far, its just that I feel like too many classes have too much passive healing still. Assa inherently needs time to start working, and at this point there’s just a lot of classes that have similar/better sustained than we do than can simply live longer and win. Like imagine if we had passive healing from bleed ticks, it’d be absolutely broken.

With the DM nerfs I’m going to mess around with the Kingsbane build again instead of the 4 poison, I feel like the damage spikes and the sub-35% HP extra damage during Deathmark is giving us a lot of pressure.

1 Like

1800 warrior pov lol

3 Likes

Sepsis got nerfed a month after it was released. Sin was god awful all of SL

1 Like

What’s sad is how underpowered I feel in PvE content, though. I had to spend a lot of time gearing to even feel comfortable going back to do ordinary quest hubs I’d skipped without being flattened if I accidentally over pulled even slightly. I hate having to have friends hold my hand to do basic questing.

Just because high end PvPs and Raiders are doing awesome it doesn’t mean levelling feels good. The Resounding Clarity was the only thing keeping me above the water, and on top of that an all ability damage reduction? For ALL forms of content, not just PvP? At ALL levels, not just 70? Don’t punish all rogues because of the high performers.

I know the skill cap is high for this class but yikes, figure it out Blizzard. Nerfing our overall damage isn’t fixing whatever a minority of players are exploiting at any given time to spike their numbers.

1 Like

Right, so why do rogues get the nerf bat every week that actually DOES nerf us and yet you have the 2 button rotation classes charging in or fel rushing in with zero consequence for their decisions, they can just passively heal whilst putting pressure on. I think the numbers need to come down on them more to actually put them in line with other classes. (This is all PvP related)

It’s blatant how much they are favouring their warrior class streamers and FF14 immigrants who want that edge lord Sephiroth class.

3 Likes

I can’t speak on PvE but no rogue specs are outperforming Havoc in PvP

2 Likes

Rogues were definitely outperforming them in PvP, and Rogues always countered DH. So, yeah.

Edit:

I should mention sub rogue, not rogue in general. Sub rogues were actually disgusting like DH, and the spec pretty much always made the class useless.

No joke, not even being hyperbolic, DH has gotten almost 50 nerfs since pre-patch. They’ve been hit numerous of times, the whole “why dont the devs touch DH” thing is incorrect lmao.

Deathmark our 2-minute cooldown is 100% underwhelming now in arenas. More than half the time it just gets removed from a dispel or racial, everyone at 2.2-2.5 right now main dwarfs. This change to deathmark was 100% unnecessary. There’s nothing more frustrating than having one of your biggest 2min cooldowns just removed. They made combustion undispelable now. Deathmark should be treated the same.

4 Likes

Then play outlaw

yea was strange seeing deathmark get nerfed when garrotes damage mods were the root of the problem. being tryin amp deadly instead of wound so more dmg on deathmark but yea generally have to vanish it to really get that burst

1 Like

More like under-nerfed

Locks dont have 100% uptime with a get out f death free card IE vanish.
Rogues got a ridiculous OP tool kit

This is all related to playing assassin rogue:

I’m aware DH received nerfs, mainly to the hunt doing 180-200k down to 150 ish. It’s their passive healing and high sustain that’s way overtuned, warriors are absolutely nuts right now as well. With some of their talent choices all being around a minute with huge damage modifiers attached to them and almost zero counter play.

Neither class burst/damage CDs were changed they got a slap on the wrist to self heals and they are still very strong. Outside of a hard defensive CD like evasion and maybe a disarm you’re left with not much to defend yourself with.

Rogues got both a dmg reduction to CDs and a time nerf. Just doesn’t add up to me how much the talents like Odyns fury (which is starting to do crazy numbers as a bleed) bastion spear The hunt are all low CDs. Bring them in line with the rogue treatment and bump them up a bit. Not heaps just a 30sec to make them think about it more than just another pressure button on top of consistent pressure options.

2 Likes

Vanish breaks on dots, cloak is a 2 min cd and sometimes doesn’t remove or prevent anything . Warlocks don’t die, our abilities don’t do heavy damage but gimmicks like reprimand do.

19-25k shadowstrikes sucks, eviscerates don’t really pop anything hard, gloomblade and backstab also do poor damage.

Your incinerates “ a filler ability “ truck for 50+k hits.

2 Likes

Warlocks dont die?

That totally discredits you.

Melee is beyond broken with its 110% uptime

1 Like

Can’t vanish stuff in mid air like the old days,so you still die.relax .

Succubus and wwe felguard are more than enough to peel a rogue. Warlocks are a-ok bud.

3 Likes

I love when another class has a zero counterplay scenario, the devs respond “LOL get gear” and “skill issue”, but for Rogue, it’s a lot of pearl clutching and heavy-handed corrections.

“When Rogue is having fun, nobody else is.”

Yeah, what about DH or Warlock? When they have fun, the other players being lawnmowered laugh it off? Get real.

This.

But, a rogue can also start their opener see your trinket, slip the engage, and reengage when DR timers reset and you have no trinket. They can half engage and save CDs for when you really do have no response (because if you DID sit on them earlier, you’d be dead now). I strongly believe most of the “overpowered” cries fall back to something I’ve tried again and again and again to get addressed and goes ignored.

Stealth is not a Sneak but a pure Invis.

Passive stealth detection needs considerably increased when in the frontal view cone of a player. 20 yds out, if I’m directly in front of you, I should get spotted. And if that means players degenerately spinning their cams like a CSGO match in arena, then let it happen. Shadowstep, Vanish, and Sprint engages give you plenty of opportunity to rely on latency and ignore that anyways – but still, you can barely spot a stealth player when they’re right on top of you.

Nerf free invis and suddenly Rogue is just another class mad at the game. It is the one and possibly only broken mechanic from the game launch that has only been buffed (detection feels smaller today and there are no move speed penalties).

5 Likes

I know pre-nerf sectec was strong, but… it felt like an actual execute against good players, during crucial burst. Now, as usual, so often it feels like I’m getting things to 10%> hp and they instantly full heal. So frustrating, after all the setup.

Noobs will die to anything when unmitigated, sure it was strong, but damn was the 30% harsh, on TOP of the 3% baseline nerf and Resounding Clarity CP nerf (which made our butter smooth Sub turn janky…).

1 Like

So actively promoting degenerative gameplay now are we? Lol get this person a job on the WoW dev team!

As if we need more games with zoomers spinning mouse mechanics. Go back to CSGO if your wrist needs a flick so badly.