Rogues in Blitz/Random bgs

anyone remember when you might have to double sit someone on node maps? Seeing a rogue or double rogue on the team was an instant “oooh heckin nooooo…”
but now. all they do is appear and swing like 50 times and do no damage and you /lol or /pat and slowly move on cuz their stupid poison. kinda of like mosquitos…
just more juice that wow cant balance a game to save their lives. rogues should be game changers on a map. and yes im sure there are excpetions…but i have played last two nights and havent seen a single rogue. not one. every team has like 10 hunters. i dont know how blizz can fail anymore at pvp but im sure somewhere out there some little dev is like “oh yeah? hold my beer…lets just give hunters triple shot”

1 Like

You are running into some very bad rogues it seems.

4 Likes

I prefer to /hug people and use the romantic picnic basket.

Would this be considered not toxic?

2 Likes

I think you can get banned for unwanted hugs and food shaming them with picnic baskets :basket: I wouldn’t chance it \lol bombs are safe

1 Like

Good rogues are a scary. Bad rogues are like bad of any other class, except DH.

3 Likes

whenever i try to be friendly they murder me

i think its cause theyre jealous lol

3 Likes

Open world, I find myself more often than not, restraining myself from starting combat that offers no reward. Popping out of stealth to kill something that an enemy faction is attacking and watching them have a confused look because i was helpful is somehow more rewarding to me than just killing them. I myself do get ganked from time to time, but I don’t take it out on everybody else, sometimes.

2 Likes

Curiously, what MMR are you playing at in Blitz? I mean, in RBGS, there are 32 Rogues in Hero range, and 38 total above 2400 in RBG. There are 4 Hunters in Hero range and 5 total above 2400. Shaman has 1 Hero and 2 above 2400.

Rogues have a high skill floor to play well; Hunters a fairly low one to optimise (massive skill ceilings for each though), and that dynamic explains the popularity in unrated content which is the equivalent of a 0-1500 RBG at very best. When they spec into Indiscriminate Carnage they absolutely wreck in team fight, coordinated with a DH, and can pretty much brawl. They still do amazing things, but I just think you’re not running into them.

3 Likes

Yes we should nerf MM Hunters. I agree

3 Likes

NO! There can only be one! I’m nerf hunter guy!

3 Likes

I’m nerf Hunter and DH guy, then I can go play my Ret more. Until I’m safe from the zoomie zoomie self heal while they do damage and dodge attacks havoc DH and the Strong damage from MM Ill play as them.

1 Like

I swear to god!! I am the nerf hunter guy

3 Likes

My experience is that rogues are pretty hit or miss. They either kill me in 6 seconds and I was stunned for most/all of it …or… they tickle me for a short while while I destroy them and they vanish/run away.

For years now, it’s been my experience that in random BGs and now Blitz, the team with more Warlocks wins. I don’t believe Warlocks are OP, they’re just very strong in BGs. As of the past month, I’m singing a different tune. Lately, it seems that whichever team has more MM hunters seems to be winning.

That’s just my experience though.

2 Likes

Ohhh heck….MM is broke as a joke. I dont understand how blizz is just totally ok with how stupidly broke it is. I mean when most bgs are nothing but mm hunters there’s a problem. But they don’t seem to care or notice or have the ability to do anything about it. Warlocks are in a good place. Hunters….terrible over tuning. Here’s blizz monitoring the situation:
evoker tries to use its breath cool down but a tiny bush or slight incline of a hill prevents the path
Meanwhile hunters pretty sure I can one shot the flag carrier I just need to shoot through this wall and across the entire map and then if I bend it like Beckham…gg

2 Likes

Two nights ago, I wanted to get a quick Blitz win on my Fistweaver to send a piece of Conquest gear to an alt. Q’d up, got into a WSG real quick. I previewed the gear of my team to realize ALL of the DPS was undergeared except a MM hunter. I whispered him and said to watch if I needed peels because I’m just going to follow him around so he could hard carry the team. He went 17-1. Just he and I would go in their base to find 3-4 of them and he would just smoke them all while I “tanked” their team and they more or less ignored him lol.

Pretty ridiculous. Ezpz quick win.

2 Likes

Yeah this game is working like clockwork :rofl:

1 Like

Considering Disc Priest are actual tanks and survive longer than tanks…

5 Likes

Disc priests can die and be shut down like any other healer. But what MM can’t do to disc priests is drop out of stealth and try to cheese kill them in two or three shots like other classes. With shields bubbles instant heals and pain sup. You gotta have some skill as a hunter to kill disc priest so that’s would make sense why you feel they are extra tanky

1 Like

I hardly play this toon. I’ve seen disc survive 4–5 players in BGs. MM is busted in some ways and Disc is busted too.

1 Like

Hardly. Disc is in a good place but OP? lol no. Five terrible players blowing cds on a disc priest who has double pain sup doesn’t make disc OP it makes bad players
Realize they just trade cds with a disc priest who knows how to play. But that’s basically every healer. Any good healer
Can tank four or five baddies