Rogues being weak

Is there anyone here who can explain to me why rogues are so weak? I know they wear leather but there is no reason you can be killed by another class if you obviously out gear them and have more skill. For example a Death Knight vs a Rogue, a rogue gets smashed because a death knight has heals and shields and minions. A rogue vs a paladin, or a hunter, or a even a mage, or a warrior; all of these classes I lose to and it feels like such a depressing situation. I don’t want to switch my class just because of this but maybe if people think something should be done then maybe something will be. Is there any rogues out there that want to agree with me on this? Any advice would be appreciated, but I’ve been playing for 14 years so I don’t see what I am missing even now.

2 Likes

Lol. Rogue is strong u just can’t roll your face across the keyboard as u try to go toe to toe with classes that are meant to face tank all their enemies

rogue is pretty strong in 1v1 situations, the only class i kind of struggle in open world 1v1 is beast master hunter. Maybe you could post as your rogue so i can check you out and maybe point out whats wrong with your rogue?

Rogues are not weak, it just takes some practice. But just so you know dks counter rogues and they are pretty overtuned right now so that might be why you are having a hard time

1 Like

If you are loosing to a bunch of different classes, the problem might be you. If the other players is under geared and/or god awful you can easily just pve them down but if the other player is a decent match you can’t just face roll to victory.

Rogues are in a very very good spot pve and PvP

2 Likes

WW monks make me sad; they seem to hard-counter outlaw and burst like crazy in WPVP. Although I got some vindication by using my Xuen statue buff to nuke one down in a bit of poetic justice

Outlaw is actually a pretty decent counter to WW, you just have to play well. A good WW though is always going to be rough just because of limitless heals and seemingly limitless mobility. Thankfully Outlaw has both as well, we just don’t have burst.

ALWAYS try to vanish ToD with around 2 seconds left to avoid dot ticks. Disarm his big goes. Doesn’t stop him, but slows him and his copies down a bit. Avoid using BtE unless you have a guarenteed kill or you know FoF is on CD and will not come up before BtE resets. ALWAYS BtE FoF. Hell, even a single combo point BtE into FoF can save your life. (Insert “Parry This” meme here) Stops his damage and parry. I prefer to run Acrobatic strikes as well since I can still damage, interrupt, and gouge while they sit in ring. Never waste your mobility if you don’t have to. Save grapple hook for port unless you run short grapple. If he rolls away and heals, oh well, the distance covered by roll is less than a teleport. Grapple into gouge ruins their healing. Riposte is your life blood. Hold this if you can. Oh, and you can grapple to the other side of the ring and get close enough to interrupt/gouge. You still get knocked back but if you don’t have acrobatic strike you can use it in an emergency to stop a heal.

1 Like

You should read my posts in this thread: Armor vs avoidance

The gist is rogue survival is based on avoiding damage whereas other classes mitigate it. You just have to get better at avoiding it.