Rogue One-Trick Pony

Hello,

I was wondering why rogue is the only melee class with no utility spec while other classes enjoy at least one other role spec and in most cases two. I think Outlaw is a great example of trying to make rogue more of a hunterish type of class but why not go the other way?

Subtlety has been neglected for years and the next expansion coming soon. Why not utilize this spec? We already have two interesting melee damage specs, something can be done with the third one which doesn’t rely on damage.

Playing multiple classes this expansion I noticed that rogue class is the only class that technically have only two viable specs for endgame content, some other classes are sort of in the same boat but not on the level of where other role can be utilized to mitigate the impact.

I would like to ask my fellow rogues, would you play rogue if you had Subtlety as a utility spec for example tanking? Do you think this will prove overall experience playing the class? What are your thoughts?

Thank you.

How is tanking subtle? Please tell me. Making sub a tank spec would piss so many pvpers, and hardcore fans of the spec off. It also doesn’t even make sense. Leave rogue as the pure dps class its meant to be, you dont see warlocks tanking, or mages healing.

2 Likes

Tanking isn’t the answer for Rogue.

They need to bring back CC and sneaking maneuvers in dungeons again. Early WoW utilized this a lot and Rogues were great at it.

Once they started removing the need for CC and starting making every trash pull a brute force DPS race Rogues kinda got lost in the shuffle.

2 Likes

doesn’t have to be tanking in the traditional way like warriors or paladins, for example, rogue can tank by debuffing targets so they deal less damage and in turn rogue generates agro + utilize evasion + utilize poisons and so on, possibilities are endless.

10 sec tanking is enough for me
Wanna sneak attack in surprise and really do damage. Ambush is laughable right now.

Where are you getting this data? Sub was good in legion, wod, mop, cata, wotlk, tbc. It may not be a pve spec every xpac, but it definitely has always been relevant. Saying sub has been dead just makes you sound ignorant.

1 Like

I fixed this for you. :wink:

I wouldn’t mind seeing a ranged spec.

Or maybe a hybrid healer/tank spec that offers more damage mitigation.

My daggers heal. Turn around and I will show you.

1 Like

How was sub dead in legion o.o, sub in legion was at least viable lol.

Let’s just say, to me and many others, Subtlety died during the Great Pruning.

You can say that about any spec tho.

1 Like

Well, if Leech Poison was a bit stronger, I’d be happy. :slight_smile: There are ways to make fit the fantasy.

if a spec was going to be tanking, it would be outlaw. if changed to a tank spec, I would say make it a 2h weapon spec. pistol shot and between the eyes should stay the same.

IIRC sub was the top spec in the last two raid tiers of Legion, and didn’t Method bring like 4 sub rogues to the Mythic KJ fight in Tomb?

Sub needs gouge back.

I am not sure, but I know sub was good in pve lol. Even in bfa it was good in uldir.