Roar of sacrifice doesn't stop all critical strikes

Yesterday in a BG I noticed for the first time roar of sacrifice doesn’t stop critical hits from chaos bolts.

I was wondering if anyone knew why, and if there are any other types of critical strikes roar of sacrifice won’t protect you against.

Chaos Bolt is a guaranteed critt of “chaos” dmg regardless of any outside interaction. So RoS doesn’t make it not critt, this is the only spell that I’m aware of that does this.

Also, I have heard that while Chaos Bolt will still critt with RoS, it does lower the bonus dmg from the lock having critt. I have not been bothered enough to test this though so I could very well be wrong about it.

2 Likes

Isnt it more likely that the chaos bolt was already in the air and therefore wasnt affected by the roar anymore, just like you cant turtle it when its already flying?

It was in a brawl 6 and I sought out the warlock 2 additional times to just stand near him while he shot chaos bolts my way to make sure.

I’m quite sure they were critting me with the roar of sacrifice buff on me.

It’s like unstoppable force meets immovable object. Except blizzard decided chaos bolt wins. I believe it’s the only thing that RoS doesn’t stop.

2 Likes

Basically this, If I’m against locks I find any reason I can to replace RoS with Beast Within (as BM)