Ritual of Doom Is BACK!

Just because its in your spell book doesn’t mean you need to use it in your rotation. Rets have shield of the righteous available to them, that doesn’t mean they should equip a shield and 1-hander to use it in their rotation.

I cant stress this enough, if its not useful for your spec you don’t need to use it! Just like Blood DK’s Death’s Caress, only time its ever useful is for a ranged pull if your death grip is on CD.

Thats really what Baalsamael is seeming like right now. Its a fun flavor ability.

He’s the kind of guy who probably QQ’s when he’s wrecked by a shaman thunderstorming him off a cliff.

1 Like

And dont forget monks ring of peace. (might have gotten that ability wrong haven’t played monk in 2 years).

All those niché abilities that if wielded by smart players, can cheese a fight.

I literally said fine leave it in but leave it a useless meme flavor ability that does zero damage like corruption does outside of aff lmao

Otherwise it’ll gimp warlock overall damage for the other 45 minutes

Shadowlands has now become the best expansion. Moonguard’s Goldshire, I’m coming for you with my lock

1 Like

I can imagine the fun locks will have with this in bgs.

Return everything to them except Metamorphosis, because warlocks are not willing to sacrifice nothing to become a demon!

Are they bringing Corruption back for all specs? Why the heck aren’t they making it do damage?

I’d rather have both. I still want to murder people with my “new summoning stone.”

Yes, welcome to Warlocks and what we got in The Great Unpruning lmao

Let the purging of Goldshires everywhere begin! Well after the scourge invasion pre-patch which we will be using ghouls to slaughter them.

Some good old stories of back in the day with Infernal, a warlock would unleash the elsaved demon near death and the Infernal stays hostile. The infernal would then ideally be at the enemy spawn spirit healer and massacre players as they rezed.

Just bring back metamorphosis with a different name for Demo warlocks. Have it be a talent which replaces the demonic tyrant where you yourself get powered up.

Its back for all specs. But Affliction gets the most millage out of it. For Destro/Demo its not that useful at all.

Just like putting out a Dalaran Crater portal all over again muhahaha.

An ability named Fel Form, makes you looks like Gul’dan.

You say that like we aren’t still doing that.

1 Like

I would go with something similar to Kanthrad Ebonlocke’s demonic apperance.

I’ve been doing it on my DK with Jaina’s locket and blaming the mage… :sunglasses:

I do that when we don’t have a mage. Everyone falls for it.

1 Like

I facepalmed when I read they removed curse of recklessness.

I like ritual of doom thematically, but I would redesign it so it would be something like a 1 day cooldown, it would be very powerful, it would only last a couple minutes, and the CD wouldn’t reset like other cooldowns on raid boss wipes. Doomguard in classic has an aoe, a powerful slow, and smacks compared to regular demons while doomguard now hits with a pool noodle.

In it’s current state it’s pretty boring imo.

Things I would love to see added/returned along with RoD:

General

• Fel Flame - Put it on a cd or something but having a baseline instant cast ability to use on the move would help specs like demo so much.
  • Searing Pain - A short cast fire spell that does moderate damage and gives affliction/demonology options when they get kicked from shadow.
  • Shadowflame
  • Soul Fire - Give it a 1 minute CD with a long cast time and make it hit like a truck. Sort of like greater pyro before mages had 60% haste via corruption.
  • Drain Mana - Why did demon hunters have to take yet another one of our abilities? I had so much fun with drain mana in the past when fighting healers or hybrids.
  • Mortal Coil Baseline
  • Blood Horror
  • Rain of Fire or Hellfire across all 3 specs - Useful to pop a rogue out of stealth and ruin his opener. You can make rain of fire only instant cast for destro.
  • Curse of Doom
  • Demons having more of their utility brought back, for example my voidwalker’s sacrifice ability

Destro

• Toggleable Fire and Brimstone from MoP/WoD baseline - AoE for destro has been a snoozefest since Legion. You used to actually have to think about your embers when aoeing.
  • Make Dark Soul the Baseline CD of destro and bake in the Archimonde’s darkness functionality from MoP/WoD - I liked having a static crit amp more than the ramping damage from grimoire of supremacy. It looks even more boring in Shadowlands with the RNG infernal spawn component. Keep Infernal as either a secondary CD or an AoE CD
  • Make Chaos Bolt a longer cast time, make it hit harder, and make it less spammable.
  • Destro is too reliant on CDs, damage needs to be baked back into baseline spells like incinerate/conflag/chaos bolt.
  • Bring back Ember Tap - Drain life feels terrible as destro.
  • Give us Backlash procs (Instant cast incinerate) back.
  • Give Shadowburn back baseline - The pre-legion version specifically, not the conflagrate 2.0 it turned into.

Affliction

• Way too much of our damage is from malefic rapture on the Beta, damage should be baked in dots, especially single target.
  • Our big payoff for getting all our debuffs and dots on the target should be to drain with malefic grasp, not spamming malefic rapture back to back just like we did with UA
  • Drain soul should be baseline for shard sniping/execute with malefic grasp or shadowbolt with nightfall procs as our filler
  • Haunt can return as our single target shard spender, not this spammy nonsense we’ve had since legion
  • Bring back snapshotting
  • Bring back soulswap
  • Soulburn making a return, with utility added to curses, drain life, haunt, demon summons, and demonic circle.
  • Remove Darkglare

Demonology

• Bring back meta in some way
  • A baseline instant cast ability or an ability we can cast while moving
  • Bring back imp swarm
  • Bring back Dark Apotheosis

I’ve wanted this for so long.

4 Likes

So much to add and unprune relevant for flavor and class fantasy and we get a meme ability lmao

1 Like

The problem is they won’t give us things like masterloot from classic.

But stuff ppl don’t really ask for gets added back.

Interesting. I don’t recall any Wrath raid or dungeon built around that. If it was an issue in such an early raid in vanilla, I would imagine it would have been modified in the ensuing 4+ years. Especially since Horde didn’t have paladins in Vanilla.

What was the exploit in BWL?