Rise of multiple Kingdoms

How could multiple kingdoms rise together at the same time.
The strain on the economy would be much too harsh.
Fighting across land and borders would be much too complicated, who has time to patrol every road.
War would ravage the land, I cannot imagine having to grow in such an environment, much too harsh.
Yes, must hide on opposite ends

It doesn’t.

People put WAY too much thought into old lore made back in the 90’s that does not have the forethought and degree of world building put into effort during these present days.

People need to really stop over-analyzing Metzen’s puddle deep lore and just accept things as facts.

3 Likes

As far as I’m aware… they didn’t?

If this is about humans, the original human Kingdom was Strom. Dalaran was the second kingdom, founded by human mages who were constantly facing suspicion and persecution in Strom for their powers. After them I believe Lordaeron broke off from Strom, implying that the infrastructure such as buildings, roads, and capital city already existed.

Kul Tiras and Stormwind were both founded much later by explorers.

In short, most of the human kingdoms were nations that formed either by exploration, or by breaking off of Strom, until Strom rebranded itself as Stromgarde.

1 Like

Exactly.

Gilneas, Lordaeron, Dalaran, Stromgarde and Alterac were all originally founded during the time of the Arathorian Empire.

Stormwind and Kul Tiras were founded much later, after the Arathorian Empire started to collapse and the various regions of the Empire started to break away and declare independence.

3 Likes