Rise of Azshara Story Discussion (SPOILERS)

Is it too late to add another option for both factions in this dumpster fire of a war campaign? Namely, the option to tell both factions to piss off and go have a tasty burger at N’Zothy’s.

1 Like

Perhaps when this is done I shall visit Zin-Azshari. I used to have a workshop over there, back before… you know.
<Oculeth makes a vague gesture.>
…Everything.

I always liked Oculeth.

e: Also, reading through Azshara’s broadcasts as you stomp her goons in the raid, she sounds a lot like Neltharion in Blackrock.

1 Like

Didn’t they do that with Taelia this expansion? And Talanji? I don’t think it’s unreasonable to bring Calia into the fold and introduce her as Arthas’ sister.

1 Like

Taelia and Talanji were both introduced at the start of the game in the game. Calia was introduced in an extraneous novel which, no matter how anyone feels about them, are mostly not-read by the playerbase and don’t typically tend to make it into the game.

Calia has yet to show up in-game as a Lightsaken. Blizzard typically likes to seed the characters’ motives and actions early on so that it doesn’t feel like a cop-out when someone comes out of nowhere to do something (ie: basic foreshadowing).

They still could bring Calia out of nowhere, but it would be clumsily done, deeply unsatisfying and leave a lot of people confused.

So it could happen.

1 Like

That’s true. Although they hint at Calia being a Lightsaken with Anduin mentioning Calia, and then when Jaina is talking to Derek.

That is also true. Though I think Blizzard typically prefers to be a little more heavy-handed with their foreshadowing than that.

Again, I’m not saying it couldn’t happen, just that it’s kind of out of character for Blizzard.

Part of me is terrified that they’re gonna have all the rebels be in the wrong SOMEHOW according to their narrative and make players with a sense of morality feel like idiots.

3 Likes

If you were to tell me that Sylvanas said “don’t you see, I was committing genocide to save Azeroth” and everyone agreeing with that, I’d believe it.

2 Likes

They already did that with Motherlode, Bilgewater Harbor, and Kezan.

Horde and the Alliance basically ever xpac and it’s tiring.

7 Likes

I’m a shameless Calia fan after the novel and I cannot be stopped.

:crazy_face:

3 Likes

We will not be stopped until Calia reigns as the Queen of Lordaeron once again.

Especially since she was supposedly captured once by the Banshee Queen and escaped with the aid of Faol somewhere between the rise of the Forsaken and the Blighting of Southshore.

That’ll be a hell of a hit to Sylvanas’s ability to control the Forsaken and a huge b-slap of destiny to the Forsaken that, hey, maybe you’re taking this a bit too far.

2 Likes

Reading the Story Forum’s reaction to this stuff serves to remind me why I avoid the Story Forum like the plague.

2 Likes

Is it wrong of me to see this community as the only people who play who understand basic literary practices?

I’m not gonna apologize if it is, I’m just curious.

4 Likes

Not necessarily wrong, but I think we benefit from being a smaller, more-policed community.

We can keep discussions about the story on track because bad actors will be called out and ignored. Also, there’s fewer of us to talk about it and we all mostly know each other, so we don’t really get hung up on arguing trivialities.

The Story Forum has some good people, but they’re drowned out by the abusive jerks who want to explain why genocide isn’t a bad thing.

10 Likes

It’s either that or the same two losers who get off on baiting everyone else with terribly obvious :poop: posts.

5 Likes

And even then when we do start that, we realize it before long and tend to respectfully end it without coming to verbal blows. Not saying it happens all the time, but it happens.

1 Like

The story forums need to get themselves a cabal if they wanna have a nice community.

10 Likes

The opposite of love isn’t hate, it’s indifference.

2 Likes

Next patch: Sylvanas will be listed as the final raid boss…But little do people know in Mythic I kill Sylvanas then I become the final boss.

3 Likes