Rise of Azshara Story Discussion (SPOILERS)

Warlords of Northrend.

1 Like

I also like that we have SOME canon on how the Horde as a whole feels about Sylvanas. It seems from Lor’themar’s text that Sylvanas is similar to Garrosh in many ways, but her main point of divergence is that she’s been able to convince everyone she’s their benevolent ruler. There’s no open oppression. The people of the Horde think things are great, and are eating up her lies.

My heart is a cold, shriveled-up piece of dessicated tree bark that hates that this is playing out exactly like literally everyone called when Blizzard said it was the FACTION WAR expansion.

But even I can’t help loving Lor’themar and his petty, high school cheerleader logic of “Nathanos would hate this… so let’s do it”.

4 Likes

While true, it also seems to suggest that the vast, vast, vast majority of the Horde are totally on-board with that whole “pointless genocide” thing, which seems to put the question of whether the Horde as a whole are evil more or less to bed.

It easily could. The problem is we still don’t have any clarity on what exactly is public knowledge. Many people forget that Saurfang’s detour to Ashenvale was top secret. Sylvanas could be lying about what exactly happened at Teldrassil. She burned it, there’s no hiding that. But we don’t know what the public story is. Lor’themar implies that she lies a LOT to the general population.

I hope we find out more soon, we need world-building stuff like this. Especially us RPers.

5 Likes

I am a river to my people.

3 Likes

I guess that’s…possible? But it seems kind of hard to keep a secret like that.

It wouldn’t be super believable, but from what Lor’themar says, it seems possible.

Maybe she told people that Teldrassil was an inside job.

“WAKE UP SHEEPLE! FIRE CAN’T MELT WOOD 'N LEAVES!”

“… it can though? Like, super easily.”

2 Likes

Catapults can’t melt tree leaves.

(… I had to.)
e: WAIT OH NO I GOT THE RHYTHM WRONG

1 Like

Jaina: Thalyssra, aid me! Together we can hold her here!
Thalyssra: Now you will know what it means to be trapped, Azshara!
Azshara: Azshara: I am Azshara! I was destined to rule! No force can bind me!
Shandris: Once again your empire crumbles, Azshara. Your master will be disappointed by this failure.
Jaina: She wanted us divided. Fighting each other kept us distracted from the true threat.
Lor’themar: Azshara wasn’t the only one manipulating us. I should have seen it sooner.

bolded caught my eye

Welcome to the We Hate Sylvanas Club, Larry.

We’ve been waiting for you.

I think it’s hysterical that it’s Lor’themar who’s brought this up, since he’s done this exact same thing before.

Azshara: Azshara: I am Azshara!

Woah, this is really deep on some existential level and it’s messing me up.

4 Likes

Saurfang: I did not expect the Alliance to be here.
Shaw: Not the first time we’ve had to move against a corrupt warchief.
Saurfang: Or a sovereign king. Slain in his own home.
Thrall: Focus on the task at hand. Baine’s time grows short.
Shaw: A home that still stands. Can you say the same for Teldrassil?
Jaina: That is enough! We are not here to fight each other.

I love the sass from both sides in this.

But who is Saurfang referring to? What sovereign king? Terenas?

I think we are missing a very important part of this guys.

We need to figure out what Thrall’s current work out plan is. Guy went from what he was in WoD to having the same shape as a brick outhouse in a couple of years.

I think he’s talking about Rastakhan? But weird, since Saurfang’s been out in the cold since before the Zandalar campaign was even a thing.

OH! Right. Why would Saurfang care though, he never even met the dude.

1 Like

Can we just admire that this conversation plays out almost exactly like a faction war thread?

OP: The Alliance is Evil and wants to destroy the Horde

1st Post: cries in Teldrassil

2 Likes

“Victory or death! But if you kill any of us in a fight, so help me God.”

1 Like

God how sad is it that I thought of TERENAS MENETHIL, a man who has been dead since Warcraft 3, before a character from this expansion?

Gosh that says a lot. 8.2, you gotta turn this shiz around, baby. It’s all you.

1 Like