Rise of Azshara PTR - Initial Class Changes

(Revolutionx) #230

The Guardian Drudi changes are nice, but it still feels like they’re lacking another ability in their toolkit, honestly. Seems outside of Barksin and their 2 charges of Survival Instincts they’re very vulnerable.

Well I hope not or else this patch is going to be a train wreck.

(Martei) #232

Still being ignored I see

(Nuisense) #233

It appears that they are continuing this over in another forum. Redirect your attention here:

(Failedwizard) #234

You need to find a new guild, Feral is viable.

(Nuisense) #235

Ah yes, this argument.

Viable =/= desired.

(Failedwizard) #236

Is your guild CE?

(Nuisense) #237

No. And that has ANYTHING to do with my statement… how?

Viable =/= desired.

If my guild can get a player on a Havoc DH or a WW Monk or an Outlaw Rogue or a Demo Lock or any number of other specs, WHY would they take another Feral? If you have an intelligent argument that I can present, I’ll be glad to see it.

(Failedwizard) #238

Then they have no business preaching about their need for top specs ruling out any non-FOTM specs.

(Nuisense) #239

You don’t get it, do you? NO ONE will want to take a class that doesn’t perform at top levels if they don’t have to. My guild doesn’t have to. So they don’t. This isn’t a social guild. This is a raiding guild. We have fun, but that isn’t the entire point. Sure, they don’t raid at CE levels atm. But that is where they want to go. So give me an argument for taking a NON FotM spec, as you call it, over one that brings the pain. I will be happy to have one.

(Failedwizard) #240

The spec that brings the pain is the one being played by someone who knows what they’re doing, not the idiot who spams his keyboard on the highest performing spec. Your quote from your guild’s recruitment is proof of this point.

Your guild hasn’t earned the right to decide which specs are viable and which aren’t.

(Nuisense) #241

Still not a cogent argument. You make assumptions without having any idea if they are true. Try again.

(Failedwizard) #242

Just saying that I’m wrong doesn’t actually mean I’m wrong.

Your guild is not in the CE range of progression which means they are not hamstrung by tight DPS checks relegated by their overall ilvl in comparison to the difficulty of the content they are playing. There is not a single spec in this game that isn’t mythic raid viable at the current average item lvl of most mythic guilds.

(Nuisense) #243

Mythic raid “viable”. I agree 100%. No argument.

Here’s where you keep missing the point:

If a guild does not HAVE TO take anyone, then WHY WOULD THEY TAKE ANYONE?

My guild does not have to. Are they recruiting? Every guild is constantly recruiting. Yes. Do they need bodies? No. We can fill raid slots, no problems. Are they being picky about what they bring to the raid team? Yes. Who wouldn’t be once the initial needs are met? Will this potentially bench current raiders? Yes. Competition is good. Keeps you on your toes and pushing to be better.

With that out of the way. Give me a REAL, COGENT, COHESIVE argument on WHY they should take another Feral. What does a FERAL bring that another spec played by the same person wouldn’t do better? That is the question that must be answered.

(Failedwizard) #244

I’m saying that individual players are more valuable to a raid team than a specific spec when looking for DPS.

If you guys are in a position to be able to be picky with who you bring then please tell me where to look to find these people as well, we can’t get a full roster and we’re Alliance Frostmourne!

I think his point though, is that while viabilitynis there, if you have the better option you will pick ot everytime.

Why would I take a UHDK or a FDK, when I can take a rogue or a HDH?

Why take them when I can have a warlock who has tons of utility AND dps to boot? Granted, you can take whatever you want and succeed, but some specs have to try much harder than others and this can cause issues where other classes would not.

You know whats worse? There are specs below feral! feels :poop::poop::poop:

(Drezwazluz) #247

Feral’s not in nearly as bad a spot as perception makes it out to be, so yeah?

(Nuisense) #248

Truth. Fix utility and Ferals would actually be sitting pretty. Course, losing Rebirth casts while in form is a step in the wrong direction.

Utility, raid buffs & defensives unbalance is another issue. :weary:

Yeah, Devs can say these are not important or minor. But realistically, raid leaders will try to prioritize these classes first.