Rise of Azshara PTR Development Notes – May 15

(Kaivax) #1

A new build with new testable content has been published to the Public Test Realms (PTR) for our upcoming content update, Rise of Azshara. All test characters previously created on PTR realms have been deleted.

Now Available

• Nazjatar can now be tested from its beginning stage.

Continuing Testing

• Heart of Azeroth system update: Essences
  • New Zone: Mechagon
  • New Raid-- Azshara’s Eternal Palace
  • New Dungeon-- Operation: Mechagon
  • New Arena: The Robodrome
  • Mount Equipment
  • Crestfall and Snowblossom Island Expeditions
  • Ashran Epic Battleground
  • New Missions
  • Gnome and Tauren Heritage Armors
  • New Profession Recipes
  • Pet Battle Dungeon: Stratholme

Coming Soon

• Heroic Battle for Stromgarde Warfront
  • Mythic Keystone Dungeon Updates

Keep an eye out here in this forum for dedicated feedback threads on features, such as Feedback—Operation: Mechagon and Feedback—Nazjatar.

Get into the PTR!

The PTR is now available. To log in to the PTR, simply create a PTR account and copy the character you wish to test from your account. Step-by-step directions can be found here.

Note : World of Warcraft PTR realms are only available to players who have a full World of Warcraft account.

LOst toons
(Kaivax) pinned #2

Can’t complete Heart Forge quest. Seems like this might put a damper on continued testing of essences.

So are class changes just… Done now? Each new ptr patch has had fewer and fewer changes and zero tuning. The interest level in anything class related is extremely high.

And no, essences don’t count as class changes.

So update… after dropping the Heart Forge quest three times, and then on the final attempt, clicking the black scale 22 times the quest finally gave me credit.

I kinda hope it goes live like this. The forums would be a hoot that day.

(Reese) #6

Can you bring the vendor back? You’ve made some changes to a few Essences that require further testing/feedback.

I second this. How are we supposed to test the essences if we can not acquire them? Please put the vendor back!

(Vareesa) #9

I also agree to this. I see no point in grinding rep on ptr to just test things that I then have to do again on live. And some things aren’t even available to get (such as pvp/m+/raid).

Its scary when communication stops. It means theres problems they dont have solutions to…like classes.

(Beefköw) #11

Hey, more updates to BOS from today’s build.

The talent that EVERYBODY uses, leaving icecap and obliteration in the dust.

Don’t you know, you’re only supposed to play the way they want you to play. There’s no choice in this game unless its bad story choices. BoS or bust, my DK friends…

If there’s only 1 viable way, there’s only 1 thing you need to balance & tune moving forward. Makes sure everyone is home by 5pm, as Mr. Hight likes.

The BoS changes are actually really good…and probably take 10x more development time than just buffing crappy specs.

(Kaivax) unpinned #14