RIP Worldpvp ( Community council Member )

So, once again, what is the point if everyone is leaving anyway? It makes more sense to let people play how they want to play if everyone is going to leave either way.

1 Like

I think you are wrong. Grinds kept me subscribed for 3 or 4 months after I had AOTC on current raid. They got more money from me because of grinds.

It doesnā€™t make sense to Blizzards to lose subscriptions earlier than extending them.

Blizzard provides WoW to make money, thatā€™s why they got almost 70 BILLION from Microsoft. Itā€™s all about the money.

From you. Majority of people have quit the game, so again I ask: whatā€™s the point if everyone is going to leave anyway? Most metrics, that we can at least pull from available data, puts the subs at under a million. They basically lost like 60% of the playerbase because of garbage game design lol.

1 Like

Sorry that you are unable to understand what Iā€™m saying. You just donā€™t get it.

You havenā€™t said anything worth understanding. You got utterly lost within the topic right when you started talking about corporate profits lol.

Try to understand. Most people in my guild have quit the game, but the grinds kept them subscribed longer. Longer subscriptions give Blizzard more money. How can you not understand this?

Neat, because of their trash game design, they gained maybe an extra month before they lost everyone completely. Iā€™m pretty sure they would have stuck around a lot longer if the game was designed with, well, fun in mind first lol.

2 Likes

Yet grinds have existed since vanilla.

Cool beans. Iā€™m only using the term ā€œgrindsā€ because itā€™s easier than explaining all the BS systems instead.

If you start feeding your child ice cream for every meal, heā€™s going to expect ice cream for every meal and complain when he doesnā€™t get it.

The reason for the numbers going down is Blizzard catering to people who donā€™t want to play the game. Add enough catch-up, short-cuts, and easy modes, and people who were fine playing the game for years are going to start complaining when everything isnā€™t a catch-up short-cut easy-mode.

Thatā€™s a different discussion but hereā€™s hoping your kid doesnā€™t get sick!

Edit: I edited this post because someone decided to get sensitive instead of staying on topic. :cry:

Iā€™ve had diabetes for 37 years, itā€™s a genetic condition that doesnā€™t come from eating ice cream.

Itā€™s also what killed my father.

You might want to be more careful when tossing around stupid memes.

I mean if you are feeding your kid ice cream constantly, well, thatā€™s the end result.

Problem is the grinds they are using over the last 3 xpacs can only keep people subscribed so long.

The more they keep up the grinds like the systems the more they will have to gate stuff to get people to play longer to make up for those that leave because of them .

Yes the revenue for Activision Blizzard has gone up but the last couple of quarters WoW has been a smaller part of the profits and a good portion of that has been from the shop and a big part of that is token sales.

And being keep excusing this bs. What a joke.

Some grinds are fine . Those were fine or ones where you did a rep grind to get a flying mount or some other perk or cosmetic item .

Grinds that are not fine .
Grinding to build up a passive talent tree that basically makes your toon viable for current game content including open world like the Artifact Weapon,Azerite Gear and Soulbinds Conduits.

Grinding rep in order to play a new race introduced into the game .

Grinding rep from same said new race just so you can use the flying mount you got years ago from another race you grinded rep for.

2 Likes

Only people that are still subscribe use the Shop and Tokens. Blizzard wants to extend subscriptions, grinds is one method

More players would mean even more money then stringing along those that are left playing the game .

3 Likes

1 million subscribers for 1 month is 15 million dollars in the bank!

1 million subscribers for 4 months is 60 million dollars!! Yes Blizzard benefits from grinds.

Grinds have been in the game since Vanilla, they arenā€™t going away.

Yes
/10 char