RIP RET, 9.2 just killed this spec

In almost all guide either for raid or m+, ret pally is near the bottom if not the worst.

17 Likes

Unless your trying to push +30s it doesn’t matter. Stop looking at tier lists.

19 Likes

rets fine its better in m plus then last tier. Its not bad in raid dont trust everything you read. Top guilds who ran rets last tier will run rets again this tier

4 Likes

Please let it be true

1 Like

Honestly it just feels crappy to only do damage when you:

A) have Seraphim, Avenging Wrath, Badge, Final Reckoning, and Execution Sentence available.

Or

B) have A) without Avenging Wrath.

Just feels bad to only be viable every 1 minute and if you aren’t stacking your CDs correctly you just don’t do damage.

5 Likes

Yeah man, I feel that its just rng on top of rng that kills it for me.

6 Likes

In prt the rng themed set was the bane of many Rets. Ironically some of the best expansions in the past for ret was when Blizz overloaded us with RNG.

How was the proc in ptr? I mean Art of War is like a must talent now.

Art of War procs 24%% of the time, with a PPM(Proc Per Minute) of 5-6. The 4pc has a 50% chance per proc, or, a 12% chance to proc with the PPM at 2-3. If you add luck into the 4pc calculations its looks more like 0-6 PPM.

The math was easy enough to figure out because its based off melee swings and those are easy to count.

Unfortunately the set is RNG / luck based. You can get an abundance of AoWs and 4pc proc one minute. Then almost nothing the next.

Because the 4pc resets the Wake of Ash’s CD the chance of getting a Wake during CDs isn’t good. You can get a ton of 4pc procs 1 minute. Then nothing the next.

2 Likes

Sounds like a FOTM player.

2 Likes

Is it me or that sounds like a haste increase? More melee attacks more chance of procs?

Unfortunately, this information does matter. It matters because the player base at large takes these lists as gospel. I am now a second class citizen, a peasant, who doesn’t belong in mythic plus. So it doesn’t matter how much dps I do, how I manage priority targets and interrupts or how many explosives I kill on my own, streamers told the players we suck and that’s all that matters. sigh, it’s been a rough week.

10 Likes

Sorry , but RET is a disaster again this patch. Both M+ and raid

8 Likes

I applied to 100 m+ and got accepted 6 time RIP

3 Likes

Rofl. Rets been giving you trouble?

5 Likes

I mean your just wrong but thats ok your entitled to be wrong.

Ye thats normal for most specs

1 Like

Brother, I have ground out 2.4K io in the past two weeks on ret (a spec I haven’t played since cata) and I could not agree more. I have done everything I can - drew up routes, explained priorities, Sac on CD, bop healers, flash of light here, flash of light there…. Only to repeatedly be s*** on by every other player. Constantly. I’ll even end up doing ~10k overall at the end of a +15 and still be told it’s not enough. And unfortunately, considering the 150 hours I’ve invested since patch, I will not be interested in starting over on my scoff Demon Hunter.

Our saving retribution will in fact not be our baseline kit, but instead the trinkets and curios of this new raid. Earthquake, fraternal strife, jailers gavel… We’re gonna have to get weird to survive

8 Likes

Run with your guild, if you play well and put out good damage. You will get asked to do keys. I’m already attempting 17s and 18s with my guild.

Yeah sure we don’t have the utility of other classes or can’t compete in damage with say hunters or warriors. But unless you are attempting +26s and above. You can and will be able to time keys. Don’t underestimate bos and loh. Turn evil has some decent utility too.

Plugging is really bad granted, but I posted my necrotic wake key and I legit got over 50 dps apply.

I’ve recently started playing around with the builds with new tier set and have to say it’s in a better spot. Complete different build and running tempest of light bringer along divine resonance since getting free seraphim procs anyways. Also play around with the secondary stats so you’re not focusing all your dps into cd windows.

1 Like