Rip question, help me be top tier

Do you just want to whip this out asap? Use it at 5 combo points? 1? 2? Guides don’t really say, I just want to play feral at a high level so I want to understand.

If you have Sabertooth, your opener should be:

1. Regrowth
  2. Tiger’s Fury
  3. Prowl (If you can)
  4. Rake
  5. Rip
  6. Build combo points to 5 and Bite.

Bite will add time to Rip. Then just continue your rotation, using Bite to add time to RIp, (Don’t reapply Rip, it will keep its damage buffs).

Whip it out, man. Just whip it out.

If you’re running Sabertooth(most of the time you will atm), you want to apply it when you have both A) Tiger’s Fury and B) Bloodtalons active. These two damage increasing effects will persist so long as the Rip doesn’t fall off of the boss or if you reapply it. Just keep refreshing it via Ferocious Bite. If you ever switch to another target or have to reapply it for various reasons, try to have these two effects active again.

The information is there, if you read it. Rip strength is not affected by CPs anymore, only the duration of said Rip. So, your opener IS just 1 or 2 CPs, depending on if you critted on your opening Rake. After that, you build back to 5CPs as fast as you can and Bite to buff the duration of Rip as much as you can. If you do it right, you’ll have a full power Rip the whole fight, unless the mechanics force you off and you have to reapply. Your first Rake you leave on as long as you can to let the full bigget Rake you’ll likely get in the fight get it’s full dmg in. If you clip it, you want to do it inside 3 seconds.

Things get a bit more complicated when you toss in Azerite traits and trinkets, etc. but not terribly so. Again, all this information is out there in the guides and in the pins of the Dreamgrove. You just have to read and think about what it’s telling you. After you get the basic idea, you’ll need to practice on a dummy for a bit. Or you could YOLO it in a dungeon, but dummies are better as you can go slower and kinda talk it out as you go so you can see how it all works.

Edit: This is assuming you use the most common build using SbT to increase the duration of Rip. If you aren’t, then the opener changes a bit. Read the guides, they’ll walk you through most of it. If you get stuck, ask in the Dreamgrove a specific question, not a vague “I don’t get it.” type question and mention you have tried reading the guides. Otherwise you are likely to get pointed back to them. Very hard to discuss the ins and outs if you haven’t at least tried to understand your spec.

I swear I read the guides but it doesn’t really talk about it. It does mention that cp doesn’t affect it’s damage but it’s timer, then it just talks about the rotation.

It made me wonder if you were suppose to wait or not for the cp to go up. It doesn’t say to not use more or less cp on it, it just moves to the less topic.

Would you describe yourself as beginner just learning Feral or do you have some experience with it already. How basic the explanation has to be will depend on your answer.

Edit: https://www.dreamgrove.gg/feral/2018-09-03-feral-opener-reference/
If your experience is in the described intermediate range as noted in the enclosed link.