Rip protpally pvp

Healing nerfed 40% mana regen nerfed 40%

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/pvp-tuning-february-5/90819

6 Likes

So in other words they are rendering every Paladin spec useless in PvP?
This is really sad. But aye, at least we get to be trolls now right?.. Right?

2 Likes

In my opinion, being an avid player for PvP and someone who’s gotten 4x 2k for 2s with Protection (my first 2k was easy because everyone was playing FoTM Assassination/Disc and I played with an Afflic Warlock and we based our talents and honor talents around them. Other seasons after that it was really hard to even attain it.) and once for 3s on an alt: This nerf is really dumb. We can barely heal this season due to the new trinket called Sinister Gladiator’s Maledict, paired with healing reductions from Rogues, Warriors, Death Knights and Monks. Not to mention that we have to deal with an immediate 10% dampening for healing at the start of a match and after 5 minutes it goes to 40% dampening.

If you guys really want to nerf something on us, next time make sure that a trait that’s “powerful” on it’s own not stackable. The one here in question is Righteous Conviction. I’m going to go off my highest piece here.

Righteous Conviction: “Your Light of the Protector (or Hand of the Protector) heals for 2,874 additional healing, and is always increased by 200% during Avenging Wrath.”

This trait can in fact, stack. Mainly the additional healing factor that’s always static, but I also feel like the 200% stacks too because I was able to full heal someone with AW and my Gladiator’s Badge. It may not feel like 400% or more, but it does indeed heal for 400% or more additional healing when you’re able to full heal in 3 button presses or clicks.

I get it you need complaints and user-feedback, but sometimes you guys also need to actually get into the game instead of looking at your numbers and see if those claims are what they say.

I could go on the list, too: with the fact that our mobility is pretty bad, so if we get kited: we get caught out in the open and healers regenerate mana faster and have 4x more mana than us Protection Paladins, so where did that nerf come out from?

“Sure let’s nerf a tank with 20k mana and make sure they can’t heal or regenerate mana!”.

You guys are going in reverse with changes for us instead of improving. There was a reason why we were given a bit better mana regeneration and that was because our abilities back then costed mana, and way too much at that. I wouldn’t care about a 15% nerf to mana regeneration or healing for this current expansion we’re in. That would be reasonable. But 40%? Too much for arenas. The nerf better be for Rated Battlegrounds.

Give us back our seals (like the ones in Pandaria: Truth, Wisdom, etc) and I wouldn’t care at all with the nerfs you want to bring out.

There’s barely any representation for Protection Paladins anyways in rated PvP unless the player actually figures out decent talents and builds for it. Base your decision a bit better around the previous nerfs to our class for PvP. We barely do damage (unless everyone else is undergeared), we can already barely heal as it is in arenas, and we’re usually the ones being shafted for PvP compared to the other tanks (and they have even less representation for Rated Arenas).

You can’t spell Management without “Mana”. Figure it out. (see what I did there?)

I really don’t know anymore. I feel as if most people who die to Prot/DPS in under a minute or five minutes are the ones complaining or crying about us because they can’t get an easy win with low ilvl or with no skill. They just need to learn how to not panic, learn better positioning and gear up.

Final edit: Even though I play the spec because I find it fun, I barely post or rather I don’t post on the forums to give actual feedback or talk for the CLASS and SPEC that I play 24/7 when I have the time to play because it’s filled with toxic DPS or Healer players who think the game in PvP should revolve around those 2 types of specs. It’s sad, because I thought I was seeing progress that the claim of “all specs are viable for PvP” that blizzard made in the beginning and I got happy. Until now.

I mean, wasn’t the 20% (or something like that) increased damage taken for tanks in instanced PvP enough with all the ability pruning and the nerfs that came out in legion that are STILL active now? We’re squishy enough to kill, you just need to pressure us to win.

We had our seals removed, we have very little buttons to press to maximize our active mitigation, our Defensive CDs are too long to even use (Talking about Guardian of Ancient Kings and to an Extent: Divine Shield, because DS can be mass-dispelled and is a waste of a CD against priests).

TL;DR: Just learn how to play against Prot Paladin. It isn’t hard, it’s surprisingly easy, even though we’re the rarest spec to see in 2s (and to some extent: 3s). And it certainly does not need to be nerfed imo. I’ve faced off against other prot paladins with my Fury/Arms Warrior and the strat I use makes the game easier because I know what to do.

4 Likes

If this nerf is just for arena, it is just blizzard does not want any tank in arena. But it is for all pvp, including world pvp, I switch to tank in world pvp is for my own survival, now this is making protection pally self healing like xxxx out side arena, how this is balanced? Can you just nerf the healing to other player not self healing? Or your inability does not allow you to do such a fix?

Vulnerability is still in effect? I thought that went away when they removed templates for instanced PvP.

If this goes beyond Arena, this feels very unfair as it will largely eliminate our primary means of survivability akin to nerfing Warrior’s Shield Block by 40%.

Why exactly are we being singled out to be easily 1v1’d by melee, because that’s what this is really about isn’t it? Well I hate to break it to these guys, but that’s life if you try to take out a tank single handedly.

Part of being a tank is not being able to just be arbitrarily destroyed in a matter of seconds. That doesn’t make us invincible, it just means melee should be smarter about how they fight us. This goes the same with healers, just because a DPS cannot 1v1 them easily doesn’t mean they’re overpowered…it means they’re geared around survival just like we are.

Finally, PvP is about working as a team. If you cannot stomp a defensive enemy in a matter of seconds singlehandedly, then maybe it’s because you should be focusing on using numbers and tactics to take them down instead of trying to be a hero yourself.

I can’t take down a tank easily either, but you don’t hear me crying about it do you? I simply wait for an opportunity to catch them off guard or work with others to wear down their defenses like I would a healer.

1 Like

Does this apply to self-healing as well? The 30% mana regen nerf is ridiculous enough, but if the self-healing is nerfed as well I’ve had it for this expansion.

Vulnerability is still there but it’s hidden in the background, like most forgotten stats that Blizzard supposedly removed. Fight a prot paladin in any instanced PvP scenario, they melt in seconds without any backup or CDs.

It’s a nerf 40% nerf to Mana Regen and 40% healing reduction (for self and offhealing).

THIS.

Rogues musta complained there was actual competition for their 1v1…:smiley:

2 Likes

Wow, just put my sub on hold. It runs out on the 18th. Don’t see myself coming back until the next expansion. Really sucks as this happened to me last expansion too. I’m either outgrowing WoW or the new devs just really suck at balancing and fairness.

With mega online game vendors like Steam and GoG, you would think that Activision/Blizzard would be more concerned about the health and population of WoW. I guess Activision getting sued constantly and Blizzard being told to curb expenses on WoW this was bound to happen.

2 Likes

The root of the issue lies with…

TANK DESIGN

when we give tanks self heals, and Paladin off healing (fit class fantasy) then we end up with this problem

Let’s make tank tanks not healers. Armored to the teeth. Warrior right now is a prime example of a untoppable pillar of might clad in heavy plate.

Tanks should be about mitigating damage. Big dmg soakers that draw attention in battlegrounds

1 Like

The problem was only in arena where low rating scrubs were QQing because their team couldnt pull a win in 30 seconds. There were almost no high ranking teams with a protection paladin on them. In fact, only 1% of paladins play protection.

Nerf the off healing in arena only. Nobody cries about protection paladins healing anywhere else in the game, even BGs, Warmode, RBGs, etc…

It was a dumb, unneeded nerf that is further evidence of the incompetence of the devs for the last 2 or 3 expansions.

1 Like

OR… it could be just their design awful for self healing on Prot. Just like it is almost every other spec.

I do not play Arena, all I do is Wpvp. I don’t really run raids or dungeons either… All my fun in this game is Wpvp with the time I have to play.
Now this because of 1% of prot pallys that even play arena? WTH Blizz, you really need to step back and take a look at what you’re doing.

1 Like

See now here’s the thing: Self-healing is fine with classes that can do it but be able to offheal as a DPS or Tank paladin who isn’t spec’d or talented into a healing spec (Looking at you, DRUIDS!)? God forbid that the only plate-wearer with an on-demand 1.3 sec cast heal (Flash of Light) be able to heal someone else who is also plate die and then have them die in 2 seconds because of a rogue wearing leather and 2 tiny daggers does half my teammate’s health or more in 1.5 seconds. WITH TWO DAGGERS.

LoTP imo is just like the old WoG, just somewhat worse and Prot-only. (LoTP should be the only spell nerfed instead of ALL HEALING)

You’re asking a bit too much, this is Blizzard you’re asking from. They’ll just say it’s the “sake for balance”, yet every other class out there is completely broken except us. It’ll remain like this until more than 1% of Protection Paladins who care about PvP complain.

I can’t get more clearer than this guy.

Like I said earlier, I wouldn’t care if it was a 15% reduction to healing done and mana regen or if it was a nerf specifically for LoTP, but to all healing? At this point just take away our FoL and LoTP. No point in having either in instanced PvP anymore.

^

1 Like

Rest in peace prot paladins, may you find use somewhere else. Now get in front of that damn boss and get smacked around.

It was the most fun I’ve had in pvp in a long while. I didn’t step into arena, but I would harass enemy teams or run about in wpvp without a care. We truly never died.

I do wish they crushed our burst and capped our dps, but it’s honestly not a role people want in WoW. I could play a pvp tank in another MMO, I guess… too bad Warhammer online is gone and there aren’t any other MMOs worth playing.

1 Like

I don’t remember the last time I was enjoying doing PvP. Looks like Blizzard really want me to cancel my subscription.

I just wonder how bad the situation was in order to hotfix that? On what data they are seating their decision?

I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end it doesn’t even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end it doesn’t even matter

JK im still pvp’ing you guys suck

1 Like

A youtuber, or high arena rating guy code name Cdew tweeted about the paladin healing complaints non-stop for a few days in order to get DEV attention to fix what he wants because he lost a few matches to Prot Paladin group.

1 Like