RIP Flamelash

Eh, they didn’t help, but it wasn’t the only thing. PvP in WoW has always been crap, outside of events, like TM vs SS, or the towers around Auchindun, or Wintergrasp. Otherwise, until you got into class homogenization and Arenas, WoW PvP was garbage. If you want fair or balanced PvP, there are much better games out there. WoW leans more heavily on the RPG side of things, especially in the Classic Trilogy era.

On the surface sure, at the low level of play on just about every class it’s very much a situation of rock paper hand grenade…

The classes of Classic, TBC, and to a much lessor degree wrath have a wealth of depth to them if you get to know their intricacy that may be one of the early games most awesome treasures.

The pace of game play is super fast, and actually very well balanced for team play; problems do begin to crop up in small groups like 3 v 3, and this is where Arena as much as I love it… a huge mistake for a game like WoW.

Ah, but that’s the thing. When most people think of PvP, they think of solo or small group play. They think of Counterstrike or Overwatch or Halo’s Red vs Blue or Goldeneye’s Multiplayer. Battlegrounds and events like TM vs SS are basically only seen in WoW, and games based on WoW. The games known for PvP, especially currently, are completely different animals.

1 Like

True, and I agree with you… I just really enjoy the WoW larger scale objective based PVP; it’s super good and it’s a pity that people only drool over slaying other players only for supreme KD ratios.

Well, when PvP happens on PvE servers, it is exactly that, the larger-scale, objective-based stuff. And there’s no griefing, because everyone is opting in or out.

1 Like

I gotta be realistic here tho… By selecting “pvp server” I have fully opted in on PVP full time.

Getting ganked by a massive zerg of death is just part of the experience; and that’s fine by me… Some freak out over that but whatever.

1 Like

Not even, pretty sure my autistic cousin that took Math 101 for 5 years in high school can understand this concept.

When the private server feels more vanilla than the offical one makes you think loooooool. I’ve never seen a Dead server in the private scene like ever.

found this jewel lol:

3 Likes

DD has a tiny population (it’s medium, and if you look at census data for 60’s it’s so small).

It’s easy because we’re actually below vanilla server population on DD.

High and full pop realms are a totally different story.

I’m from Deviate Delight. It’s not bad because we have a ton of decent human beings that don’t delight in the misery of others.

Sounds like the alliance killed the server, not blizzard

2 Likes

Am I the only one that found that story hilarious? The horde apparently followed them to earthshaker, so now they’re in the exact same spot they were before. If they open transfers, they’ll probably kill every server.

2 Likes

You’re not the only one it’s hilarious af lol

1 Like

BG dodging will be funny. “We just want pvp”… Sees Alliance premade or decent Alliance pug and dodges

4 Likes

Layers and shards will result in a mass exodus. We don’t want that system ever in open world pvp.

How so? Horde got exactly what they wanted.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

for a faction imbalance to really make an impact the the full force of the faction with the extra players would need to be dedicated to erradicating the minority faction. For example, if there is a faction imbalance 60/40 horde and 50% of the horde are logged in and ganking, that is only 30% of the total population. I would say that is a high estimate since players log in at different times and different people have different goals. You didn’t say it directly but it is an assumption of your comment. To further extrapolate, if 25% of the horde are logged in and ganking (which seems more plausible) that is 15% of the world population. In this case allies could quest more easily or at least mount some sort of defense, especially to coordinates to clear choke points.

I’m not responsible for your assumptions.

60/40 means there will be around 50% more Horde players logged in at any time when compared to the Alliance.

If you are grossly outnumbered cancel your sub (it’s unplayable anyway) and let blizzard know why. Tell them to create a realm for you to transfer too and you’ll come back. If all the alliance players walk away with the money they will do something. even if it’s changing loser pvp realms pve.

1 Like

See ya Flametrash.