RIP Flamelash

Math is that hard eh?

No it’s not balanced at all, but a hell of a lot better than the server I play on.

Most of the problems the Alliance have are related to the culture of the Alliance.

Sitting in around in IF waiting on raid is not exactly all that interesting. Most (Not all) alliance like to kill bosses, collect loot, and look pretty doing that.

Horde on the other hand often (Not all) enjoy a mix of both PvP and PvE.

Another thing about the horde is that their population (Numbers for example only) of players who demoralize in battle and give up because “it’s too hard, they already win” is 50% lower than Alliance. I

Horde while considered more toxic in community are just not so either… The community in both sides is about the same.

That is my observation; I play both factions but main alliance and have the most fun alliance side because the PvP experience is superior when VS better players.

2 Likes

They will whine to Blizzard about getting their AQ gates opened for free.

1 Like

That assumes that PVE alliance players will be Q’n for BG’s…

Let us assume for a moment that the bulk of the PVP population went horde and also chose PVP servers.

Given that previous observation it’s then easy to also assume that the bluk of the best PVP players are also horde. Make no mistake, I am by not means saying that the Horde = “great players”, but I would be willing to wager they’re on average a little better in PVP for a couple of reasons and I am not talking about racial traits either, just player skills and attitude.

Also there is another observation that I have noticed about alliance players in Classic WoW that was not this way on my original “Vanilla” server; Alliance in Classic give up when things are not faceroll easy in PVP, this is naturally a broad generalization that’s not a universal fact for every single alliance player, so PLEASE do not be so ridiculous to think so.

As a result of these 3 assumptions its easy to also assume that even if Alliance PVE players join BG’s that trend will not last because they’re a bunch of complaining quitters that love nothing more than wimp out and groan about how X, Y or Z is to blame never observing their own poor attitude and funny aversion to min-maxing PVP in the same way that they love to Min-max PVE.

The net result of this thought experiment is an eventual Horde Q for BG’s that will make any Q in Vanilla look inviting.

All this because Blizzard chose to announce CRBG’s and avoided faction creation cap of accounts when the servers stated in an effort to keep the realms at least reasonably balanced.

As a result of this many of those those alliance players that BG for reasons for “Gear” and “titles” or just like EZ mode wins will re-roll horde for this ostensible advantage making the Q’s even worse for the horde.

The same pattern of faction stacking can be also observed in Modern wow, and even tho the “Faction of choice” changes every expansion now (modern wow), the faction stacking continues with brief periods of rational balance where the Q’s are not so bad.

2 Likes

Horde players kept telling Alliance players to reroll or quit when they complained about being unable to play.

Alliance players complied, leaving the server, and it is now 95%/5% Horde to Alliance.

Horde have no more WPvP targets.

It is gloriously hilarious.

The same thing needs to happen to all NA PvP servers.

10 Likes

You know almost all servers are comparable to winning a bg that’s 12 horde vs 8 alliance. Or something even worse, like 14 vs 6. How anyone could be proud of that. Honestly, you don’t belong on my faction. Shameful.

2 Likes

Hahahah and the forum shills are still gonna say Blizzard has nothing to do with these issues

See, what Blizzard did wrong was giving them the option to transfer. They should have rerolled.

1 Like

All of the reroll/transfer/quit comments got what they want, keep saying that, turn all your servers into ghost towns, have fun grinding to rank 14 with no targets to farm, have fun waiting for AQ to be opened when there is no one on the opposite faction to turn in materials, have fun waiting at battle masters all day every day with nothing else to do because it’s your only chance at pvp, have fun getting dodged by an alliance premade and waiting hours again for another shot. I laugh at you nearsighted fools.

6 Likes

This doesn’t even take in the fact that the few on the that actually DO premade and Q up for BGs will also be DODGING those other premades because then that way those who don’t really like pvp on those pve servers will NOT want to waste their time spending ages on a tough fight against another premade, but those on the forums wont see it till it’s too late.

2 Likes

Cost effectiveness has nothing to do with it honestly. Every server isn’t on it’s own physical blade anymore, it would cost them no more to run a server with a cap of 9k vs 3 servers with a cap of 3k.

[Citation Needed]

You really think every one of these servers is it’s own physical server? Hell no. They’re virtual servers nowadays, with multiple servers on one machine. Server cpus can handle a LOT more calculations today then back in 2006.

Even back then though you’d be surprised how little was actually needed. All of battle.net was run off ONE computer, and that was in 95/96

1. There is a difference between running a website and running a game server.
  2. Just because CPUs can handle more calculations does not necessarily mean that they can simply toss another server in a partition and call it a day
  3. Do you have actual numbers for your statements, or are you an IT professional? If not, then we might reasonably assume you’re talking out your backside.
  4. CPU computations are not the only bottleneck for servers.

The original server blades consisted of:

6 gigs of DDR 3200 Ram
2 Dual Core Opteron CPUs at 2.2ghz (4 cores total)

A server nowadays can have:

32 cores at 3.2ghz (or faster and less cores, depending on need) (8x the cores at 1.45x the processing power)
Up to ONE TERABYTE of physical ram (170.67x the physical memory)

Now, I’m not saying that those are what Blizzard is using, but to run a classic server you’re not using one machine for each server, that would be overkill. You’re assigning each virtual server X amount of ram and X amount of cores and running multiple off one machine. How many depends on blizzards hardware.

And what other bottlenecks? Bandwidth? You can have multiple ethernet ports in a server, one for each virtual server if you so need.

god I forgot about that crap, it’s been a hot min since I did any modern wow PVP and Q dodging is disgusting…

Shame that you’re 100% right making even less PVE alliance Q up because now instead of a RNG natural ratio to get a pre-made as a pug they’re actually going to have a much higher % chance to get a pre-made as a pug…

WOW… now that’s some crap isn’t it.

2 Likes

That is the essence of PvP in WoW, and it always has been.

No, they won’t, the gates open eventually regardless, you can just wait and literally turn in nothing and still eventually get into AQ

Besides, the longer that takes, the more people can complete the scepter and get black bug mounts when it opens.

If you want the mount, its to your advantage that it takes as long as possible to open the gates. Servers where the gates will open nearly day 1 are gonna screw 99.99999% of the players out of the mount.

Yeah because CRBG’s made this possible… Thanks blizz.