Ride through blizzard spell without getting hit?

I thought they fixed spell batching? Apparently they didn’t fix squat. If I cast a blizzard spell, a mounted enemy can ride through it without getting hit. Also, when playing on hunter after mob comes out of trap it still hit me at max range. Garbage.

2 Likes

na even w/o batching its possible, Blizzard like any other channeled spell has ticks if they avoid the tick they avoid the blizzard. Now the hunter bit IDK, from what I can tell even though player interactions are no longer batched, mobs seem to interact with the players as if they are batched. I know when I fear a mob they come back and reck bomb me cause of this…

Wrong. There no way to avoid the tick if the blizzard spell has already been casted and you’re walking or riding directly through the center of it. The only reason this is happening is because the spell batching delay is still there. In retail and even on private servers you were unable to ride through a Blizzard. If Blizzard can’t even get this right, how can they be trusted to bring us an authentic TBC experience? The simple answer is, they can’t.

1 Like

Already wasnt a thing, so you’re whining over nothing.

Try getting better at spell placement.

1 Like
10 Likes

What about trinket or potion or shield?

The blizzard spell also has “tics” that’s when the damage takes place so if you time it right its actually possible to avoid it even if you go right through it assuming you are moving fast enough to avoid the tics.

Consecrate, flare, rain of fire and flame strike also.

Get better at reading comprehension. This has nothing to do with spell placement or the enemy “timing” anything. A player should not be able to ride directly through a blizzard spell that has been ticking before they even enter it and still ticking after they exit it. You can see the spell ticking right on top of them, but they don’t get hit. Spell batching, heartbeat, leeway, I don’t really care what you call it. It’s broke AF and as for the trap, there is no way an enemy should be able to hit you with melee at max range. And you can spare me the “no changes” lecture since Blizzard has already changed many aspects of the game. There is absolutely no excuse to be leaving the game in an obviously broken state for this long.

ive charged right through blizzard on retail without taking ticks before its doable even without batching

You can’t charge while mounted, so your comment is irrelevant.

but you can pass through blizzard so its still relevant because you already brought up walking through it

Charging is not walking. Walking means a player casually walking directly through the radius of the spell without using any abilities. And I’m not referring to casting a blizzard on top of anyone. I’m talking about a blizzard spell already casted. On the ground. And players just waltzing or riding through it without getting hit.

but its still passing through blizzard has always put out its slow in pulses a rider can still have a chance depending on where the blizzard is placed to make it out

Bro, reading comprehension skills … for the nth time, I’m referring to people not even trying to avoid it, but just literally riding right through the center of an already placed blizzard spell without even trying to avoid it. Blizzard ticks minimum once on anyone riding or walking through it without taking any evasive measures at all. If there is a group of 40 players mounted, riding in a straight line, and I place a blizzard spell smack in the center of their path, and they literally ride directly into the center line of that blizzard spell, they should get hit at least one time. I’ve been playing this game since the day it came out bro, but my first mage was in TBC, and Blizzard did not have this problem from TBC all the way through Legion. Whether or not it was broken in classic is irrelevant, since Blizzard has made it perfectly clear they have no qualms about fixing obviously broken things in the game, like saving your buffs using an item that didn’t even exist in classic, and removing jumps in battlegrounds that were in fact in classic, and who knows how many other changes they have made.

nice story

Apparently YOUR reading comprehension skills are lacking as well! Like I said it doesn’t matter what you call it ; spell batching or heartbeat. It’s a delay. A delay that doesn’t exist in any expansion. In other words, it was broken in the base game and then fixed permanently. They acknowledged it was broken, and then they fixed it. Again, Blizzard’s excuse of “this is how it was in the original” is a lame excuse to literally mame multiple classes in classic wow, considering how many other things they DID fix, and even added things that never existed in the original game. In other words, they can’t be trusted to make the TBC experience authentic.

Can you document where and when they acknowledged it was broken? Can you document the fix? I’ll wait.

Imagine being so naïve you believe Blizzard documents all changes to the game. They fixed it, period. That is acknowledgement that it was broken. End of story.

My guy hunters were broken for 8 months. FD/Trap didnt even work and you can still use a cough cough macro to insta target their pet and keep em in combat when they try and FD/trap. Hunters are free HKS in classic