Rhythmic stutter, pause in Torghast since 9.1

Title. Its like a slight pause every half second or so. Very annoying to the point I shut the game off. Yesterday it was doing the same thing when running with map open in Korthia, but that isn’t happening today.

Drivers up to date. I have removed all addons and deleted the wtf folder. Disabled everything in the system tabs in game that can be disable, and moved the slider to 1. No change.

Attempted to include dxdiag but it made the post too large.

2 Likes

Anuke,

By any chance are you running any mouseover macros at this time? If so, how many do you have (including those run by addons)

Yes, all my heal spells, and cleanse spells. Probably around 10 or so total.

Can you try temporarily removing them from your bars and see if it improves things? If it works, the devs are working on it now. Thanks for the report! Otherwise, let me know and we can see what else we can find.

I will do so and report back, thanks.

OK I removed all mouseovers from my bars, and disabled addons again. It seemed to work until I got the second floor, then it started back up, and the longer I’m in Torghast the more pronounced it gets.

Interesting. The mouseover macro issue is the biggest cause of this. It’s possible there’s some leftover corrupted cache data in your game’s temporary files as well, since it helped when you disabled things for a while.

I’d test completely resetting your UI and rebuilding everything from scratch. To do this, uninstall any addon managers (Twitch, Overwolf, Wowmatrix, Tukui Client, etc) then reset your UI. If you don’t uninstall addon managers first, it’ll break the UI reset process and we’ll be back at square one.

Now that this is done everything should be fixed. For now, don’t reinstall your addon managers. Instead, you want to manually install the most up to date versions of your addons. Do this one by one and if one breaks it again, reach out to the addon developer to let them know about the problem so they can fix it. After all this is done you should be safe to reinstall any addon managers you may use.

I don’t use any addon managers, so no issue there, but I do hate the idea of resetting up elvui… Oh well. Hopefully that fixes it, but it may take some time before I report back.

I did everything you suggested, and I have done a lot of running around with no addons installed and no macros at all anywhere. Did everything there was to do in the maw, including the assault, and had no issues. Ran a layer 8 Torghast and all seemed well. Ran a layer 9 and it started on floor 5 with the boss lol so I don’t know.

I even shut off my system performance logs as it seemed to coincide with the polling frequency, but that wasn’t it either. The stutter seems to be every time the front paws come down in cat form, and only in torghast, its so odd.

I guess if it waits till the final boss floor I can deal with it. Thanks for the help.

That sounds like what I’m getting, I’ve been describing it as surging. Like the game is behind so it rushes to catch up and then realises it’s behind again so it tries to catch up, it’s constant in combat and sucks.

There’s a separate map problem which was fixed in one hotfix and brought back in the next. :frowning:

I only notice it myself if the screen is moving. If Im standing still and don’t swing the view around I don’t notice it, combat with lots of mobs or standing idle it doesn’t seem to do it as long as the camera doesn’t move.

Deleting addons, mouseovers, and resetting the ui did help a lot, but not 100%

Okay so just to confirm, we’re only still seeing it in torghast, and only during shifting on the final boss now? Or have you identified any other locations where it occurs? It’s possible it’s a particular buff or particle effect causing it.

I only notice it in Torghast, and only after I’ve been in there a while. Also only if the screen moves; standing still, even in combat fighting multiple mobs, I don’t notice it. I died many times trying to confirm this, as its not wise to stand still in there :upside_down_face:

Also confirmed the addon elvui causes it happen in an extreme state, but disabling and reloading ui makes it immediately stop.

This is all from messing around last night as I haven’t had time to play today. Disabling addons and mouseovers did improve the issue by about 90% - at first it was apparent upon zoning in, and now I don’t notice it untill floor 5.

Last night it was doing it with the map open anywhere. Close the map and it stops. Did not have time to test Torghast.

Anuke,

Okay, so these updates make sense. Both of those performance bugs (macro related stutter and map related stutter) are known issues. The devs are working on those. In the mean time, addons can exacerbate any performance issues you have, so if you identify ones that are problematic, report them to the people who make those addons so they can look for compatibility issues.

Thank you for the help and quick responses.

Funny i am also noticing this problem on my druid especially when im in travel form. The more camera movement im doing the more pronounced it is.