Rezzing RP Community

I just got back into WoW after a 5 year break a little over two months ago and found my home Alliance side here in BB. So far the experience has been good, I found a nice guild and have been casually playing to my hearts desire with some RP on the side. However, I only wanted to express that during these two months I’ve definitely felt a very weird vibe as far as RPing is concerned.

TO me it seems as if all the RPers are very present, the community is there, but everyone is afraid to come out and just do it. Now, occasionally we’ll see a few people out on the street in Stormwind, or you’ll be leveling in on of the zones nearby and you’ll find someone. However, the presence is not big- at all! And, it’s sad. Chatting with a guildie, we were reminiscing about how back in the day you could walk into whatever tavern in SW (or SMC Hordeside) and find random RPers and just start going.

With so many people who have “Walk ups welcome!” written in their TRP/MRP OOc info, I guess my invitation is just to start walking up! I’ve been taking some first steps with a group of active RPers in my guild and we can be found almost any evening of the week out just socializing ICly in either SW or Darnassus, sometimes other locations, always accepting new people to our group!

Please if anyone has any “hot spots” or would like to start having more walk-up friendly events, no attachments, feel free to post your interests in the comments and let’s give this RP community a little more life. We know you’re out there!

Has anyone else noticed how stale the RP environment is? Comment below.

For those interested in engaging in RP or wanting more information on a close analysis on the RP habits of the server you can find me in-game on my character, Obstaculo!

P.S. I did try looking at Horde side to see if things were better, I walked into Orgrimmar and only saw empty streets which was really disheartening. If anyone has any information about how active Hordeside is please feel free to comment!

2 Likes

Hi!

I actually spoke with you yesterday, I’m from Felhounds Rest :smiley:

The SW tavern in the park has open events most nights, my guild included has events a lot of Saturdays that are open to anyone there as well.

I highly recommend checking the RP section on the Server discord and /join RP in game and announcing open events or RPs there ^,^

And I’m happy to help or point you around if yah message me in game as well!

Much love,

Narisca

2 Likes

There is also an rp specific sever discord (discord.gg/dUnpGfK ), those that seems to get more horde use than Alliance. I do know that one of the horde side guilds does a weekly campfire story time. Sisters of Sylvanas would be my recommendation for horde rp event info.

My own guild does occasionally host rp events as well, and we make sure to post about them in the discord servers ahead of time. But you can also generally find members of on the Stoop (the stairs that became the retail AH entrance) in SW. Absolutely do just walk up!

Hope to see you around!

Dharia Blackmore,
Seamstress, Stormwind City
Co-Gm, The Lotus Accord

People used to blame this on Classic being “new” and even the hard-core RP’ers were too busy playing the game and levelling up, and that made sense. But most people should have that out of their system by now and yes, it’s disappointing to not see the RP happening in the usual places.

My favorite spots in retail for RP were the areas around the Slaughtered Lamb (for the shady character types) and the Cathedral square, where there was always a lot going on, and that was THE place to set up your recruitment banners or find walk-up RP, or just sit and watch everyone else. I’m longing for that to be a thing again, but if it hasn’t already happened at this point, I don’t know if it ever will.

1 Like

Maybe it’s just me, but I’ve tried “big crowd” RP events, before. I’ve tried getting to know people, but they tend to stick with their own clique. I often find, it’s better to have smaller RP sessions. I tend to find these simply through RPing, when I’m questing, traveling or farming. I’ve, also, been consistent with my story. Like these “cliques”, I tend to stick with my own RP friends and find others as I go along.

2 Likes